+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is the race over for anyone else?

Hell no this race isnt over. They were entertaining but they werent the show for me. Im still watching, the Linzs are fun and Im still rooting for the Weavers no matter what. Hell if I could watch Freddie/Kendra beat saintly and super hot Kris then I could watch this show through anything.

I, too, am having trouble understanding the depth of hatred teams are expressing against the Weavers. As i recall i think it started at the first airport, when the Weavers, who haven't gotten out much, went back to chat up the counter person about airport & airline protocol, and the others all thought the Weavers were trying to connive and steal a march on them. (which is actually a good idea in TAR, anyway) i think the Weavers may actually be the best TAR team ever-that doesn't mean they'll win, because there's an awful lot of luck (often pronounced "taxis") involved too, but they make decisions quickly and efficiently, and then they all get together and push 110% in the same direction and at the same time. They're always all on the same page, staying focused, and no recriminations.
    A funny thought occurs to me-someday Mr Paolo will be called to that great TAR in the sky, and can you imagine DJ and Mrs P going at it over the funeral arrangements? and Mr P won't be there to break it up-which means it'll be just like it always was, since he never broke it up anyway.
    "Weird scenes inside the gold mine
    Ride the highway west, baby"-The End, by The Doors

Okay, so the Weavers' imminent departure is not the only reason I'm watching, but I'm a little afraid to admit to liking a certain happy-go-lucky intestinally challenged team because no person or team I have ever liked from the beginning of any reality show, EVER, has won. It is SO hard to hide my love away.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit88
    I haven't yet seen all the Godlewskis in their bikinis, so yeah, I'm still watching.
    Ditto. And I'm hoping that that the next time the Bransen girls encounter a water challenge, they volunteer to jump in and get wet. C'mon Wally...give it a rest before you die.

Flo, and her relation to the current season.

I have to comment on one thing... most of us here witnessed Flo COMPLETELY UNRAVEL at the end of TAR3. (Frankly, CBS should have given the money to Zack, and euthanized Flo. But alas, I digress.) My point is that we should all compare this to how completely solid and stable to Gaghan kids remained until their elimination. Perhaps the race has been easier or the legs shorter or less challenging, but I'm going to attribute their unflappability to two things:

1. Kids can nod off anywhere at anytime. I recall Freddy (in a post-win interview) commenting that the lack of sleep was the toughest part of the race. The kids weren't needed to navigate and just zonked whenever they needed to.

2. These were pretty remarkable kids, being backed by two exceptionally supportive and well-mannered parents. I mean, c'mon... these kids were dying to do the bungee jump. No fear, no whining and no second guessing... just a willingness to push forward.

Flo, if you're listening: you were outclassed by a pair of munchkins.

As for as the rest of the race, the entertainment factor lies in seeing how much deeper the Weaver's pit of hypocracy gets, and how much more "Animal House"-esque the Linzes become. PS - I'll be sticking my head out the window to hear America's (and Canada's!) collective sigh or relief when Phil says "Weaver family, you're the last team to arrive. I'm sorry to tell you you've been eliminated from the race."
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

Quote Originally Posted by jdonutken
    I, too, am having trouble understanding the depth of hatred teams are expressing against the Weavers. As i recall i think it started at the first airport, when the Weavers, who haven't gotten out much, went back to chat up the counter person about airport & airline protocol, and the others all thought the Weavers were trying to connive and steal a march on them. (which is actually a good idea in TAR, anyway) i think the Weavers may actually be the best TAR team ever-that doesn't mean they'll win, because there's an awful lot of luck (often pronounced "taxis") involved too, but they make decisions quickly and efficiently, and then they all get together and push 110% in the same direction and at the same time. They're always all on the same page, staying focused, and no recriminations.
    A funny thought occurs to me-someday Mr Paolo will be called to that great TAR in the sky, and can you imagine DJ and Mrs P going at it over the funeral arrangements? and Mr P won't be there to break it up-which means it'll be just like it always was, since he never broke it up anyway.
    You need to remember that more than half the time, it's the stuff that goes down when the cameras aren't rolling that creates and destroys relationships.

i think the Weavers may actually be the best TAR team ever-that doesn't mean they'll win, because there's an awful lot of luck (often pronounced "taxis") involved too, but they make decisions quickly and efficiently, and then they all get together and push 110% in the same direction and at the same time. They're always all on the same page, staying focused, and no recriminations.
    I'm sorry. My brain just exploded.

Did you just suggest that the Weavers--the team that thought that Pennsylvania avenue would be in Pennsylvania, the team that thought that Washington DC was in Washington state, the team that thinks that Lake Ponchartrain is one of the Great Lakes, the team that wonders what state Phoenix is in, the team that doesn't know how an airport works, the team that couldn't handle a night time bus ride, the team that chooses to hide its emotional collapse and frustration by forcing themselves to sing and dance, the team that says awful things about the other teams and then bristles at how rude they find other teams to be, the team that dismisses genuine offers of concern as being proof of another team's rudeness, the team that was going to quit when they found out they'd have to go to a racetrack because anything to do with a "race" is too hard for them emotionally while forgetting the fact that the name of the show is "The Amazing Race," the team that not only littered in a national park but purposefully threw food items at a car that was driving at freeway speed, the team that swells with pride at how Christian they are while acting in extremely non-Christian ways the entire time, the team that actually believes that Jesus Christ should be expected to help them with directions or with performing tasks involved in this race merely for their own personal benefit, to say the least--are the best team to ever run the race?

I can end this argument by saying simply this: Kris & Jon.

Kris & Jon managed to get through their entire race with a positive attitude, made the right decisions at nearly every detour and road block, only once ever got frustrated with things out of their control (the cab driver who didn't know where to take them,) and espoused their own religious beliefs in a more private and personal manner without expectation that blessings were due to them...

Maybe Colin was the most intense racer (although Jonathon was intense...and both of them found their intensity sometimes at odds with their ability to be successful in the race.) Maybe Romber were the most strategic team. Maybe Ken & Gerard were my favorite team. But I'm willing to make the argument that Kris & Jon might have been the BEST team in the history of TAR.

And even if you disagree with that statement...a simple comparison between Kris & Jon and The Weavers should explain why my head exploded with the thought that anyone might remotely consider the Weavers as being the best TAR team ever...

Now, if you'll excuse me...I've got a lot of brain and blood splattered on my computer screen that I'd better clean up right away...

pg--seattle

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

This whole statement makes absolutely no sense to me.

What's so funny about someone going to the "great TAR in the sky"? Also, I hardly think that the death of a cherished family member and the thought of the family bickering over the cost is a "funny thought" either.
    Besides, that wouldn't happen anyway.
    But what I DO think will happen is..
    When Ma Weaver cashs in her chips and goes to the big KFC bucket in the sky, I bet the kids won't even make it to the funeral cuz they won't know what state it's in.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Cwebb
    It'll top Flo & Zach's victory as WORST WIN EVER! I'm debating on whether or not I should go back and proclaim I'm a fan of theirs just to jinx them. The moment I added into my signature and that Jonathan and Victoria rocks they were gone, maybe I should do that again.
    NOTHING can top Flo's victory!

i think the Weavers may actually be the best TAR team ever-that doesn't mean they'll win, because there's an awful lot of luck (often pronounced "taxis") involved too, but they make decisions quickly and efficiently, and then they all get together and push 110% in the same direction and at the same time. They're always all on the same page, staying focused, and no recriminations.
    Say what? The best TAR team evvah? I'm rolling on the floor here laughing at that. I'm not even going to bother arguing that point.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast