+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is the race over for anyone else?

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus
    I admit it. My primary reason for watching at this point is to see the Weavers being smote down by the wrath of the lord.

I'm pretty much with Rattus and YeaSure.

I just want to see the Weavers lose or get smote, whichever comes first.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit88
    Ah, but what if the Weavers win?

God doesn't have THAT good of a sense of humor!!!!!!!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Yes, my TARfest adoration for the family edition has officially been IXNAY'd because the Paolos are gone.

But, I'm a reality addict..so of course, I will continue to watch. I'm currently shopping around for another team to root for. Probably the Linz family.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

You Dare Question Me? OrangeDingo's Avatar
    The season is going to be MUCH less interesting without the lovely Gaghan family and the awesome Paolo family. I just don't care who wins now, or who is eliminated. There is no real excitement left for me, but I will still watch it out of curiosity. I do like the family concept, but I think they could have chosen more interesting families

Blacks were a good choice with two kids. Lots of sympathy there.
    Rogers were not really a good choice. They were pretty bland.
    Aiello's were pretty bland, too.
    Schroeders were a little more interesting, but not by much.
    Gaghans were a very good choice, pulling at the heartstings of people, and giving hope to nuclear families everywhere.
    Paolos were a very good choice because of their bickering.

Bransens were not a good choice. Bland as wheat, although nice people.
    Weavers were a bad choice turned good. In the beginning they seemed pretty bland (kinda annoying). But then all the drama came.
    Godlewskis were an bad choice. Bland and annoying.
    Linz were an OK to good choice. Their personalities really make them likeable.

Out of ten teams, only three teams were initially good choices, and one team who turned out to be good.

FORT Fogey
    The Paolos were mildly entertaining at best.

Ah, but what if the Weavers win?
    I'm expecting a third place finish from them, but half the time the worst team in the final three ends up winning, so it would not surprise me. I can't imagine them actually winning. My money's on Godlewskis or Bransens, whichever one makes it to the final three.

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Personally, what makes TAR a must see show for me is the intrigue of who's going to get ahead and who's going to screw up, plus some decent challenges. It goes without saying that I love the exciting locations and this show was especially lacking the first half of the race. But, I have enjoyed the Central America treak as well as the beautiful sites in Arizona (just wish they'd stayed longer at the Grand Canyon but maybe liability, etc. kept them from that locale.
    So, I can't say I would ever have not considered watching if the Paolos left because this family just was never my favorite. I did enjoy the outerwear-underwear fashion show we got to see this last time!! That was funny!!
    The show is about the race and the dynamics between the teams and the experiences they encounter (although usually it includes foreign destinations that make me long to travel). I simply enjoy cheering for who's left, (although my top three are still there-- this did not Weavers). It's kind of reminds me of reading the postings on BB after Kaysar left. I never really got into that show, but I noticed that so many who said they'd quit watching after he left were still drawn to the drama and antics of the "good, the bad and the ugly" who stayed. This show is the same. We still have the antagonists and some fun teams to root for IMO.
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Quote Originally Posted by Voch
    I'm watching because I'm a fan of the show (if not a fan of this particular season, unfortunately). I feel the same way about Survivor (this season hasn't been one of the better ones). Yet I still watch.
    Yeah, I'm with Voch on this one. It's not the greatest season, but that shouldn't be a reason to stop watching. They're good shows, so I watch.

I don't understand why everyone hates the Weavers. I think they're good people, they haven't done anything wrong. If you think that asking "the Lord" for help is bad, think again. Do you really think that "the Lord" is really helping them 100%? No, they're doing it because of they're own strengths.

I don't know if I will watch...I just know that I won't be as into it.

The race is - most definitely - not yet over for me. A lot of posters here are so consumed with hatred over the Weavers that this family's continuous stay in the game turns them off...when in fact, they do provide the significantly high points of conflict and drama to keep the show from becoming such a bore that it already is.

Yes, the Paolos are gone and they are responsible for some good (and bad) highlights in this edition. But remove the Weavers among the remaining teams and the show will just be a futile exercise in watching a race among families with no excitement to offer. The producers need to sustain decent ratings so they have to capitalize on the human frailties of each participant for the viewers to watch. Think of it, what else can the Godlewskis offer aside from their screeching voices? How about the Linzes? They may be fit and able racers but there is simply no drama in the way they do the whole thing. The Bransens seem like a nice family...but for purposes of TV entertainment, this family is plain and simply unexcitable. TAR is more than just a race. The personality dynamics of each family is crucial, especially that this edition is so weak compared to the first 7 seasons. And if the Weavers need to be the sacrificial lamb in igniting anger, hate or interest in watching the show, then so be it. Believe it or not, but there are still millions of viewers around the world who would enjoy it just to see the (positive and negative) eccentricities of each racer en route to the US$1 Million prize.

A lot of people can claim that they no longer have the enthusiasm to watch the show because of the Weavers but if someone is a true-blue TAR fan, then he/she will always see through the race up to the finish line.
    Last edited by dragonman64; 11-09-2005 at 06:26 PM.
    Halfway around the world, I greet you "Mabuhay!"

Quote Originally Posted by AntmSTarTa
    I don't understand why everyone hates the Weavers. I think they're good people, they haven't done anything wrong.
    It's not they've done anything egregiously wrong; it's that they have double standards. They want the other teams to show kindness, charity, and fellowship but when to themselves, they exhibit none of these traits. Couple that with sugary, sweetly snarky, ingenuine attempts at being kind, charitable, and friendly when they are in the company of the other teams, and you have a recipe for a detestable team.

To their credit, I think the Weavers come from that very father-in-charge type of family & have had to battle their old ways of thinking to make sense of their new lives. Mom Weaver said something to the effect of, "I'm tired of doing things I don't know how to do" right before she spun out of the mud a couple of shows ago. I think the whole family is a little adrift and clinging to what they would like to be. Maybe when they watch this afterward, they'll see in the tv-mirror who they really come off as being. Who they really are - well, we'll never *really* know (it's TV after all!).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast