+ Reply to Thread

Thread: if you could design the all the legs for the amazing race 9.........

if you could design the all the legs for the amazing race 9.........

id probably have them set off from tampa, but before they can go to the airport, theyd have to do a roadblock right off the bat. all teams drive to raymond james stadium and do pass or kick, in pass, teams will do a "pocket presence drill" a drill that NFL quarterbacks do every week to improve their pocket passing ability. one team member will be quaterback, while the other plays wide reciever, the quarterback must complete 3 consecutive passes, from 10, 25 and 50 yards out, the quarterback MUST stay inside the pocket (a movable plastic square 20 ft wide and 20 ft long) while throwing the pass, if the receiver drops a pass or the quarterback steps outside the pocket while throwing the pass, the team must restart the drill. official NFL referees will be on hand to enforce the rules. once the task is completed a referee will hand you your next clue. teams with strong arms and good hands may finish quickly...

in kick, teams must complete 3 field goals from 10, 20 and 30 yards consecutively, one team member will hold the ball on the turf while the other kicks, if a kick is missed, the teams must start over. teams with accuracy and good legs may finish quickly.

then theyd drive to tampa international and fly to montreal, and them by charter to the inuit ivaalge of salluit on the ungava peninsula in northern quebec, where i havent figured out what tasks id give them there yet.....maybe gutting 100 arctic char...or eating half a pound of seal blubber...

anyways heres my 12 legs (including 2 nonelimination legs)

leg 1: tampa-montreal-salluit

leg 2: salluit-montreal-edinburgh-(ferry)stromness (orkney island)

leg 3: stromness-glasgow-lisbon

leg 4: lisbon-cadiz-seville

leg 5: seville-tangier-casablanca (teams drive a portion of the dakar rally route in moorocco)

leg 6: casablanca-agadir-back to casablanca-bucharest (first nonelimination round)

leg 7: bucharest-bran (teams must explore dracula's castle for the clue)

leg 8: bran-bucharest-sebastopol

leg 9: sebastopol-astana (khazakstan)-Bayanaul national park (camping on the steppes pitstop)

leg 10: Bayanaul-astana-ulan bator (second non elimination round)

leg 11: ulan bator-petropavlovsk (kamchatka peninsula, russian far east)

leg 12: petropavlovsk-seattle (finish line)

i hope that isnt too many legs..... i want the most cold and bruising race they could do, one that would make the teams use as much energy as they could to win this thing.

Jasmine Trias & Sam Milby NBCDaytimeFan's Avatar
    I'd love them to set foot on at least one country on each continent... Starting out from Boston to South America (maybe Brazil or Peru).
    Then move on to a country or two in Africa then Europe, Asia, Austrailia/New Zealand and back home.

I'd do something like this:
    Leg 1: Boston to Chile
    Leg 2: Chile to Brazil
    Leg 3: Brazil to Egypt
    Leg 4: Egypt to Poland
    Leg 5: Poland to Sweden
    Leg 6: Sweden to Russia
    Leg 7: Russia to Thailand
    Leg 8: Thailand to Northern Philippines
    Leg 9: Northern Philippines to Australia/New Zealand
    Leg 10: Australia/New Zealand to Alaska
    Leg 11: Alaska to San Francisco

I'd make the Route Information be more like clues again... no "chance" ROAD BLOCKS... and the return of the FAST FORWARD to every leg of the Race...

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by maersk
    id probably have them set off from tampa, but before they can go to the airport, theyd have to do a roadblock right off the bat. all teams drive to raymond james stadium and do pass or kick, in pass, teams will do a "pocket presence drill" a drill that NFL quarterbacks do every week to improve their pocket passing ability. .

Oh and Phil could stand in the pirate ship at the stadium and shoot off the cannon when they complete the task!

Love this leg already. GO BUCS!!!!!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

in a small small world made of green and blue :)
    Leg 1: California - Hong Kong

Leg 2: Hong Kong - Perth

Leg 3: Perth - Thailand

Leg 4: Thailand - Laos

Leg 5: Laos - Turkey

Leg 6: Turkey - Greece

Leg 7: Greece - Ireland

Leg 8: Ireland - Iceland

Leg 9: Iceland - South Africa

Leg 10: South Africa - Brazil

Leg 11: Brazail - Guatemala

Leg 12: Guatemala - Alaska
    `~`~ When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the world would know PEACE.

Big Brother Obsession!! Davis_Rocks's Avatar
    Here's my Race! I call it 'Globe Crosser Edition'

It is where contestants will literally go all the way around the globe!

There is fast forwards every leg, and Yield on Leg 4, 6, 9, 11!

There are 14 legs! 9 Elimination and 5 non-elimination!

Leg 1 - Los Angelos to Mexico
    Leg 2 - Mexico to Brazil
    Leg 3 - Brazil to Vancouver
    Leg 4 - Vancouver to Hawaii
    Leg 5 - Hawaii to Australia
    Leg 6 - Australia to China
    Leg 7 - China to India
    Leg 8 - India to Nepal
    Leg 9 - Nepal to Japan
    Leg 10 - Japan to Greece
    Leg 11 - Greece to South Africa
    Leg 12 - South Africa to France
    Leg 13 - France to England
    Leg 14 - England to New York

Big Brother Obsession!! Davis_Rocks's Avatar
    Here... I designed one of the leg's too! I think TAR should follow this one!

Leg 3 - Brazil to Vancouver

Teams would have just arrived in Brazil! And would be then waking up to have to explore the beautiful country of Brazil!

They would first have to cross the poor city until they found a religious tea shop! Here they would have to perform a religious custom to get their next clue!

Teams would hop into their jeeps and would be told they would have enter the Amazon!

Roadblock! Teams would have to get into a boat and go down the Amazon River! On their way there would be brightly colored parrots and other animals! They would have to count all of the animals in their head without paper, or speaking to their partner! At the end of the boat ride, teams would be handed a sheet with the names of animals and they would have to put the amount of colored painted animals that they saw! For every 1 animal they are wrong for in each category, teams would have to wait for 2 minutes! Depending on how quick the team’s eyes are, teams could potentially be at the post for quite a while!

Once complete the time they had to put in for the Roadblock, teams would learn that they had to find a specific waterfall! On the map they were supplied with there were 2 marked waterfalls! Only one of them would have the correct clue!

After teams finally reached the correct waterfall they would learn that they were off to Vancouver, British Columbia in Canada! All teams would get on one of two flights leaving 2 hours apart.

Outside the airport would be another clue waiting! Teams would have to reach the locally known Gondola going up the side of the mountain! Up the hill, was a forest, which Vancouver is known for!

And then there was a Detour! Teams would choose between ‘Performance’ and ‘Performing’. In performance, teams would have to perform a song and dance to earn money specified. If teams make a mistake in the dance routine, they would not be allowed to collect money until the next dance session! Teams may potentially take a long time, collecting money! In performing, teams would have to cross the Capilano Suspension Bridge, which could be terrifying! Once across, teams would have to explore the trails winding through the mighty Douglas Fir trees! They would be looking for specifically marked trees that would each hold ¼ of a clue. Though there are many marked clues, you may get lost, or get the same part of the clue twice! And it could potentially take a long time!

Once complete, teams would have to travel to a chalet which would be the leg’s pit stop!

Hope you liked it! And that I didnt bore you!

FORT Newbie
    Has Anyone Heard Anything About Amazing Race 9?

"Teams must now board one of three rockets leaving for the International Space Station. The rockets leave at 8:00 PM, 8:30 PM, and 9:00 PM. Once there, they will have to perform a spacewalk and, working together, repair a $360 million piece of equipment which will have to be paid for by the American taxpayer should they fail. Once the repair has been completed, they will receive their next clue."

You Dare Question Me? OrangeDingo's Avatar
    I don't care what order, but I would want the teams to go to these areas:

Ireland
    Fiji
    Australia
    London, Ontario, Canada (My boring hometown. Wee)
    "The Windiest Place on Earth"
    Guatamala (A'la Survivor)
    Congo
    Egypt
    Costa Rica (again)
    Scotland
    England
    Iceland

...and other exotic places

+ Reply to Thread