+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Amazing Race" Is Not Family-Friendly

FORT Fogey
    I like this season. I'd prefer regular TAR, but this still offers enough to keep my interest. Luckily, the only other thing worth watching reruns on Sundays.

With less time available for each person, the only personalities able to emerge are the loudest and most annoying, three of whom are named Paolo.
    Too easy.

The only thing that may save this thing is if an entire family is forced to shave their heads.
    Carissa first.

but is the best they could come up with a trip to the world's largest officer chair and shoe?
    No. They also visited a BP.

Quote Originally Posted by PIMguy
    I'm sorry, but WHAT??!!! Last I checked the Paolo's were Americans.

I think they could have found many better locations to go to in the U.S. And let's be honest. Other than the canal itself, Panama hasn't offered anything that the U.S. doesn't have. I mean, the teams could have found a fake scientist in a hammock in Alabama. They could spot fake birds in Illinois. They could find musical instruments in California. I don't think the problem has been the team's personalities or the fact that they were in the U.S. for too many episodes. I think the producers have really phoned this one in on the tasks the teams have to perform. They really dumbed the tasks down for this family version, and it just made the show dumb.

It hink he said foreign because the mom & Dad immigrated to the USA from Italy, so part of the team is not from America. I'm not sure if the kids were born here or in Italy.

As for the task, I think the same can be said of most tasks of all TARs... Almost everything (except for the outdoor activities closely related to the environment they are in) could have been done in the US. All the eating challenges, rolling hayballs, walking dogs, finding a masked person, buying stuff in a market, etc. But it's all about doing things related to the country they are in. They are in a tropical country so they search for tropical birds. And I really liked the instrument task because it was laso about finding the places and walking around a neighborhood in a foreign country.
    Wrigleys Doublemint Gum....double your pleasure, double your fun!

Quote Originally Posted by LG.
    oh Lobeck, I know you want to see all the families driving around rural Minnesota looking for the midwest's largest ball of twine, driving to Dyersville, Iowa to find the remains of the Field of Dreams baseball field in a cornfield, etc. If they don't make a trip to Wall Drug, I will be very disappointed
    I'd rather have them make a stop at the Corn Palace instead of Wall Drug if in South Dakota, or the Hide Away(WI) (Al Copenes vacation spot). Definately the Field of Dreams. Barneveld WI has the UFO thing going. All kinds of interesting stuff in the midwest. Maybe a trip to Milwaukee or Chicago to one of the great lakes.

My opinion is that they should NOT cast children to travel because they get tired so easily (and who doesn't). I feel sorry for them being dragged along in this race. I travelled overseas this summer with my niece (12) and nephew (6) and it was NOT easy. I have to hand it to the Gaghan family and any others in the race who have kids under 18.

It hink he said foreign because the mom & Dad immigrated to the USA from Italy, so part of the team is not from America. I'm not sure if the kids were born here or in Italy.
    I thought it was just the dad.

Maybe a trip to Milwaukee or Chicago to one of the great lakes.
    They already went to one of the Great Lakes, Lake Ponchartrain. Maybe they will come to the 7th Great Lake, Lake Mead
    Welcome, evacuees! Over 4600 served!

Quote Originally Posted by catfishbarb
    I'd rather have them make a stop at the Corn Palace instead of Wall Drug if in South Dakota, or the Hide Away(WI) (Al Copenes vacation spot). Definately the Field of Dreams. Barneveld WI has the UFO thing going. All kinds of interesting stuff in the midwest. Maybe a trip to Milwaukee or Chicago to one of the great lakes.
    i just ate dinner at the Hide Away. so, yeah, that would have been great.
    and then they could have gone over to superior, and show mama weaver what a real great lake looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by julitta
    i just ate dinner at the Hide Away. so, yeah, that would have been great.
    and then they could have gone over to superior, and show mama weaver what a real great lake looks like.
    it's The Hide Out though, not Hide Away. meant to correct that last night, but i was a zombie. somewhat al capones vacation spot, but he used it more to hide from the police and enemy mobsters. they could have done a reinactment of the valentines day massacre that they have going on over there. not sure if that's kid friendly though. and just a hop, skip, and a jump, from superior. "is that a great lake mom"? "no, honey, that's the ocean"

This season's so boring I find myself fast-forwarding, even through the fast-forward.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    My biggest beef with not being family friendly is the fact that it starts at 9pm. I have trouble staying awake until 10 on a lot of nights to see the whole show, so I can't imagine keeping kids up until then to do so.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel
    I thought it was just the dad.

They already went to one of the Great Lakes, Lake Ponchartrain. Maybe they will come to the 7th Great Lake, Lake Mead
    THen Great Lake 8: Lake Okeechobee in Florida. But being from Florida, she's probably already seen that one, so maybe The Great Salt Lake could be next.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast