+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 12 Teams = 1 Less Non-Elimination Leg?

12 Teams = 1 Less Non-Elimination Leg?

Last 2 seasons of TAR, there were only 11 teams competing, and I think 3 non-elimination legs.

Since there are 12 teams this season, does that mean they've added an episode, or that there's one less non-elimination leg? Do you think CBS wizened up to the fact that we all collectively scream bloody murder when our most-hated team comes up last, only to be told that they're still "in it to win it" next week?

Maybe next year, they'll start with 14 teams, and screw the NEL.

John

Maybe I counted wrong, but I thought the episode tracker, coupled with the total number of teams in the Race, suggests NO non-elimination legs this time. I hope I'm right. Those are pathetic. I can see why they'd need them, though. Without them, you have to pack a whole bunch of miles into those few legs. From a financial perspective, they can squeeze a few more shows in, too. Doesn't mean it makes sense from the viewers' perspective.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I really hope there are fewer or no NEL's. They suck. But, they do throw an element of surprise into the game, it just always appeared to me they were not random (i.e. they were used to keep ratings up when a popular or hated team was last).

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I didn't like the NERs just because it always seemed like the team that I wanted out of there always squeaked by with that (Tara/Wil!)
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

+ Reply to Thread