+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 91 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: The Weaver Family

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    Maybe it's because I'm from the south, but I didn't find her preachy moment to the truck driver to be that out of line, simply because I've heard a lot of people do it. I wouldn't, I'm not even religious, but it's not that strange or offensive to me.
    Although I don't like being asked that sort of question (I think it's usually baiting) I thought the question was appropriate for their conversation. From what I remember (and I could be way wrong here) was that the trucker gave her the map, she said "God bless you" and then he said "God bless you" back. That lead to her asking if he knew Jesus, so it wasn't just a question out of the blue. I still would like to know what she would have done had he said "No."

As far as the praying, that doesn't bother me at all. I'm not so sure God is dropping everything to get the Weavers to the next pit stop but it's worth a shot!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by wisgalb
    you realize that it is all in gods hands.
    I don't have a problem with that as long as they keep those kind of thoughts to themselves. As George Carlin would say if you want to believe in an invisible man that's your business just don't make it mine.

FORT Fogey
    I'm glad the the mother wasn't injured in the buggy accident, but this family is already getting on my nerves. Knocking over the display, and then screaming and screeching as they ran out the door made a really bad first impression.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    I by no means am a very religious person but to not like someone because they are is beyond me.
    I have never disliked someone because they were religious, but I feel the same way about people who will not stop talking about it the same way they would feel about me if I talked endlessly about my beliefs - "there is no god - it's not logical to believe in a supreme being - there is absolutely no proof to support the theory of a god - there IS proof to support evolution - blah, blah blah". These are my personal (i.e., kept to ones self[except for right now, of course]) beliefs and so are the Weaver's beliefs personal (hint, hint).
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Any team that takes the time to ask a truck driver "Do you know the Lord?" needs to go!! Do they not realize they are running a race??? I wonder if they will take time out of the race to go to church on Sundays?

This is my favorite family of the moment. I find them typical without coming out as boring or forgettable. They did know how to make the most of their shining moments during episode 1, and am looking forward to more in the succeeding weeks.

I used to think that eating with one leg on the seat was amusing. But Rebecca driving a large SUV with one leg on the seat is clearly more amusing...kind of rural but still amusing.
    Halfway around the world, I greet you "Mabuhay!"

I thought I wrote this earlier.. but didn't go thru so I will try again...
    After rewatching the show- I noticed that the Weavers were all in shorts. So when they showed the displayed being knocked over there were a pair of legs with capri type pants- those matched one of the Bransen girls.( they were the ones who mentioned it) but anyway when the crash happens the weavers were already on the stairway when it happened. Check it out
    Carey

Quote Originally Posted by cajro62
    I thought I wrote this earlier.. but didn't go thru so I will try again...
    After rewatching the show- I noticed that the Weavers were all in shorts. So when they showed the displayed being knocked over there were a pair of legs with capri type pants- those matched one of the Bransen girls.( they were the ones who mentioned it) but anyway when the crash happens the weavers were already on the stairway when it happened. Check it out
    I just rewatched that part, and you're right. The crash is heard, we see the Weavers already on the stairs and leaving, and one of the Bransen girls standing next to the knocked down display, not to mention the fact that when we see the knocked down display, the Weavers are coming from the opposite side of the store, nowhere near that display.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Cwebb
    I like them thus far, but if mom prays everytime they can't find a road sign, I'll get annoyed.
    That's how I feel! I'm happy for anyone who has a strong faith/beliefs, but I don't want to hear about it every 5 seconds, esp. over trite things like a race. I think God has more important issues to deal with than who wins Amazing Race!

The buggy incident was really scary though! Glad everyone was OK.

So far I still like this team a lot.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Besides the constant shrieking, yelling (of joy) and "high-fives" this is the family that I want to see go far. They've definitely got the drive and enthuisiasm (sp?) to go far in this race.

+ Reply to Thread