+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: The Weaver Family

Quote Originally Posted by BravoFan
    I have one thing to say about this family...
    How DARE they?

As an actual Christian, I am offended by their actions and their constant claims to be one (in addition to their claims last night that they are the only team in this race living a Christian life).

Guess what, Weavers?
    Praying to win a race, and proclaiming you are a Christian doesn't make you one.
    Thank you, Bravo. I couldn't have said it better myself.

These people are bigots of the worst kind. They think that anyone who doesn't believe what they believe are lower on the evolutionary scale than they. If they even believe there is an evolutionary scale.

I know they are not representative of the majority of those of the Christian faith, but they do represent a small but very vocal minority.

I know I would be less inclined to dislike the public prayers if they would stop trying to convert those of us who believe otherwise. I support everyone's right to believe their mythology of choice. Please grant the rest of us the same right.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    That's really not saying much. It's like saying, I like the Weavers when they keep their mouths shut. He lets his sisters mouth off for him, mostly.
    You're absolutely right.
    Never give up. Never surrender.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Wonder how come they've never prayed to their dad, or Ma Weaver to her husband? All the praying to God, but nary a mention of him watching over them, or helping them. That's the first person I'd ask for help from.
    Because praying to people isn't a belief of the protestant Christian faith.

Noticed on the cbs.com website that the Weavers are the third favorite team behind the Gaghans and Linzes. Obviously, this forum does not represent viewers in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Stump
    Noticed on the cbs.com website that the Weavers are the third favorite team behind the Gaghans and Linzes. Obviously, this forum does not represent viewers in general.
    Actually, their rating on the CBS site is 16.75... this means out of 100 votes, just shy of 17 would be for the Weavers. Translate that data to this forum, and that means roughly 17 out of 100 posts here would be positive. I'd say that's about right.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

I really like the Weaver family. I do agree that some of their actions and language is not the best example of Christian behavior, however, they could be doing much worse things. On that team my favorite is Rolly. I think that he is the person who holds the family together. Also, I think that they have very good family dynamics. They do not fight nearly as much as the other teams. All in all, they are my favorites this season.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Stump
    Unless a few people are voting over and over again for the Weavers. I don't think we can assume the popularity results are accurate when anyone can vote multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by Jade17
    I really like the Weaver family. I do agree that some of their actions and language is not the best example of Christian behavior, however, they could be doing much worse things. On that team my favorite is Rolly. I think that he is the person who holds the family together. Also, I think that they have very good family dynamics. They do not fight nearly as much as the other teams. All in all, they are my favorites this season.
    I'm with you. I love the Weavers. They haven't done anything to harm other teams have they? It all started in the airport with the Aiellos asking them and them not responding. As someone stated, they walked away and were already away from the Aiellos when they were asked and couldn't respond. I love the Weavers, and their Christian faith isn't necessarily helping them each leg. They're going around because they're good racers, not because of the help of "the Lord" 100%.

Love 'em or hate 'em- they have been one of the more entertaining teams on TAR this season along with the Paolos. Let me finish please. This team has managed to spark all kinds of conversations. They have had quite an effect. The get somekind of a reaction from all of us- With me - I cringe at the hypocritical remarks, I laughed on the mistaken geography, I've cried when they had to go to the racetrack not once, but twice, I like this team for the entertainment value - all the other teams are just meh..
    I stated earlier in another thread ( I haven't read the response to it so hang on) that
    yeah the one Godlewski sister I think was Christine seemed sincere and was trying to be nice, but I do admit that her tone did come across as being condescending and
    fake.
    Carey

+ Reply to Thread