+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 91 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: The Weaver Family

I'm rooting for this family too. Holding on to each other through their crisis may really aide them in this game, besides they're really likeable so far.
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

Hated them from the get go...too loud, the foot everywhere but near a pedal while driving, knocking over things in the shop, being just plain loud. I could go on...
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

I really like this family and the praying doesn't bother me one bit. I can understand how important it is for a family to have this faith after going thru what they have. I found that after such a horrible experience that you find out that you don't have the control that you thought you had and you realize that it is all in gods hands.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar

Although I really hope the screaming/squealing calms down a bit. That is grating on me, and I'd really like to root for this team.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    Remember folks, there is this little thing called editing that occurs. I find it odd that after the accident when she was run over by the buggy there wasn't any praying to thank God that she was safe and that would have been an ideal time for it considering Mr. Weaver's tragic death. That's why I'm leaning heavily on the side of excess editing.
    But you can only edit what they give you. If they are being selective in what they show us and there is more overt praying, there's no doubt that it's way too much!

Didn't one of the daughters say something like "We'll be spending eternity together" or some crazyness to the truck driver. I don't like this family.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Yea, the "near preachy" question posed to the trucker REALLY got under my skin.. not to mention all of the praying.

Didn't they want to do the race as a way to (not verbatim) 'get over the hurt of losing their husband/father?' If that's the case, then I'd be somewhat bothered that they (TAR producers) gave our team the moniker of "widow and children".

All that aside, I do sorta like this team.. if anything, I sure want to see them go far.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

There are two things I can't stand on a competitive reality show:

1- People cast because they have a sob story. It's the producers trying their best to manipulate the audience and I for one, resent it. I'll make up my own mind if I want to like someone, thank you very much. No need to insult my intelligence by telling me who I should be automatically rooting for. Same reason I couldn't stand Uchenna & Joyce last season. If they shove it in my face, I'll make a point of liking someone else, just for the hell of it.

2. Religion. If they want to pray quietly when they get to the pitstop, whatever. But stooping so low as to proselytize to truck drivers on a game show is beyond tacky. I really wish that truck driver had the presence of mind to not answer her question, because it was none of her business. What if he's of some other religion? I also find it pretty low to trouble your god with inconsequential stuff like help with your roadblock or help getting to your pitstop.

They can't be gone soon enough for me.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

KYLIE AND MIKE RULE ALL!! RiddleMeThis's Avatar
    go weavers i think they are a great a funny team and after what they have been through they deserve to win more then anybody!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy
    2. Religion. If they want to pray quietly when they get to the pitstop, whatever. But stooping so low as to proselytize to truck drivers on a game show is beyond tacky. I really wish that truck driver had the presence of mind to not answer her question, because it was none of her business. What if he's of some other religion? I also find it pretty low to trouble your god with inconsequential stuff like help with your roadblock or help getting to your pitstop.
    I absolutely agree.. I had said the same thing in my post, but I deleted it cuz I was coming across almost angry, and I'm not..I'm just way irritated. You said it the way I wish I could of. Especially regarding 'troubling your god with inconsequential stuff".
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread