+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 91 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: The Weaver Family

OrangeDingo, I disagree with you on this one. Isn't one of God's commandment not to use his name in vain. I "think" praying to God for help with maps, driving, racing, etc. is using it in vain. However, I do feel that if God was to be interested in any reality tv show it would be this one.

What I'm sick of with this family is the mom talking about needing to "step up" into the leadership role now that the dad is gone. What the heck was she doing before he died? If she was doing her job before there would be no "stepping up" it would just be continuing on without her partner. Was she a doormat that deferred to her husband on EVERYTHING?

Their meltdown on the bus was pitiful too. You don't like not knowing where they're taking you? Yea, cuz they've been sending you to all these super scary dangerous places so far. Oh my word, how much worse could it get! PU-LEEEZ. They were making the Paolo family look good this episode.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." – B. Russell

The teen Weaver girls losing their cool on the bus and at the Waffle House was just another example of why I dislike that clan. Geesh you'd expect that sort of whininess from kids the Gaghan's age.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerfley
    You don't like not knowing where they're taking you? Yea, cuz they've been sending you to all these super scary dangerous places so far. Oh my word, how much worse could it get! PU-LEEEZ. They were making the Paolo family look good this episode.
    Held prisoner on a bus? Team Fruit Loops needs to go.

i do not like this team very much, but i want to comment on the praying. asking for Gods help for trivial things is not using the Lords name in vain. i am not deeply religous, but i know people who are. when they pray, it is not because they think God is going to point out which way to go, but because it gives them the strength to figure things out on their own.

When Weaver mom asked God for "wisdom" I knew I had heard enough. Lady....read the map...that will give you wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by piecesofmeg
    exactly! and people think they're suspicious, they just asked the lady about the flight. big deal.
    I have a feeling there were other interactions with them that lead them to such an outburst. The Linz family even said they're not big fans of the mom and we havent seen any interactions between Linz and Weaver. This past episode we saw a lot of sudden antagonism towards the Weaver family, leads me to believe there's more to this than just the airport incident.

You also do set yourself up for suspicion when you evade them when they asked a simple question.

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    The teen Weaver girls losing their cool on the bus and at the Waffle House was just another example of why I dislike that clan. Geesh you'd expect that sort of whininess from kids the Gaghan's age.
    I was hoping Gaghan Boy would make some snarky remark, "Mom, why are the crazy people dancing?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Cwebb
    I have a feeling there were other interactions with them that lead them to such an outburst. The Linz family even said they're not big fans of the mom and we havent seen any interactions between Linz and Weaver. This past episode we saw a lot of sudden antagonism towards the Weaver family, leads me to believe there's more to this than just the airport incident.
    I agree. Something prompted everyone to talk about them in such a negative way, more than just their silliness and refusal to answer one question. Mom Weaver's comment, "if you like us, great. If you don't like us, we're not going to change for you," makes me think there were other issues we haven't been shown.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Hmmm, I thought I was liking this family, but after last nights episode and the way they all flipped out, I'm not sure, I actually became very worried about them. When the Paulo mom is concerned about another person, that's sayin something. Just an observation...they seem to carry alot of negativity and insecurity around on their shoulders, you can almost see it. I wonder if they don't instinctively feel like they are always being looked at in the wrong way, and attack first before anyone really gets to know them. When they said like us or not...paraphrasing...that just sounded defeatist to me.
    Adversity reveals genius. -Horace

+ Reply to Thread