+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: The Weaver Family

weaver family, god says:

sorry kids, but i dont help people win races....... ive got more pressing things to attend to, like bowling.........

Quote Originally Posted by John
    I want to like this family. I really do. But if they mention the dead dad, or ask for Jesus' help to find the right highway exit one more time, I'm going to throw a large, heavy object through the TV screen.
    Then you should probably start picking your object. That calling on help from Jesus thing...it's what Christians do.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Gambler
    It's also potentially offensive. What if she were to ask that of a Jewish person?
    It's not safe to assume anything about a person. I once asked a client if she was ready for Christmas (it was Dec.) just making small talk and she pointed out she was a muslim. And don't say I should have known. She was dressed in jeans, t-shirt and no veil, so you can't always tell.

Quote Originally Posted by tmlw1971
    Then you should probably start picking your object. That calling on help from Jesus thing...it's what Christians do.
    I'm a Christian and my prayers are between me and God, not to the general public. I also don't believe in asking God for trivial stuff. I wait until its really major because I don't want to bother Him with finding a parking space when I really need Him to help my best friends husband beat cancer.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I wonder what interactions we haven't seen yet with the Weaver family, practically every team had an opinion on them. I doubt the airport incident was the only reason for the Schroeder and Aiello's to openly discuss their distaste for Weaver.

Linz, Aiello, Schroeder, Paolo, heck even the Gaghans weren't sympathetic towards them when they went crazy at the Waffle House.

That bus scene drove me nuts. First the crying and whining. Then they started singing when everyone else was exhausted.

Leo
    Premium Member
    This team is really getting on my nerves. I still can't figure out what was behind that whole incident at the bus stop. And I don't want to sound like some religious bigot (I'm not one at all), this whole act of calling on Jesus for just about every little thing in the game is wearing thin.

I really hope they go soon.

FORT Fogey
    Yes, they are wearing thin for me too. Relgion should be kept out of the media, schools and public places. It is a private belief system appropriate for home and churches. Christians who spout their philosophies about god, Jesus and whoever else they conjure drive me nuts.

I think they were all just punchy and acting silly in the Waffle House and bus. I never understand not being respectful and cordial to other racers. It never serves anyone. You just create animosity and ensure that no one ever tosses you a crumb. Alliances have helped secure tickets in past seasons. Keep your options open.

You Dare Question Me? OrangeDingo's Avatar
    As for the whole 'They completely ignored me' thing the Aiello's tried to pull. Is it possible they didn't even hear him? It was early morning, they were new to the idea of airports, and they needed to find out what to do.

Those mean Aiello's spreading nasty rumours.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeDingo
    As for the whole 'They completely ignored me' thing the Aiello's tried to pull. Is it possible they didn't even hear him? It was early morning, they were new to the idea of airports, and they needed to find out what to do.

Those mean Aiello's spreading nasty rumours.
    exactly! and people think they're suspicious, they just asked the lady about the flight. big deal.

i guess the mum and her daughter got on my nerves after prancing around, but amazing race aint easy and i guess she just had a breakdown. i still dont see why people make sucha big deal out of it like they've never seen breakdowns before.anyways, i think the schroeder's mum is being unreasonable by not letting hunter interact with rolly.

Boy, am I sick of these people. The whole praying thing is just getting annoying. Last night they thanked their god for getting out of the mud task, then asked god for help with driving. What's next? Pray to get to the bathmat? Oh, wait... they did that already. Leave the religion out of it already!

While I think that the racetrack task is going to be tastelessly exploitative in light of their previous tragedy, I resent the fact that the show will center on these people... again. I hope they are not getting the winners' edit. If I was religious, and believed in trivializing my prayer I might pray to see them lose but thankfully I'm not that stupid.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

You Dare Question Me? OrangeDingo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy
    Boy, am I sick of these people. The whole praying thing is just getting annoying. Last night they thanked their god for getting out of the mud task, then asked god for help with driving. What's next? Pray to get to the bathmat? Oh, wait... they did that already. Leave the religion out of it already!

While I think that the racetrack task is going to be tastelessly exploitative in light of their previous tragedy, I resent the fact that the show will center on these people... again. I hope they are not getting the winners' edit. If I was religious, and believed in trivializing my prayer I might pray to see them lose but thankfully I'm not that stupid.
    Vicious words! I'm not religious, but I don't mind them spewing out prayers. It's just who they are. They have a.. deep belief in God, and I have no bones to pick with them about it.

+ Reply to Thread