+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Andre and Damon

LG.
    For a cop and a firefighter (two very demanding and dangerous professions) who happen to be two rather large men to be that scared really spoke volumes. It's horrible they were detained like that. Hopefully there will be an equilizer so they get a chance to catch up with the pack.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

That looked like that didn't have a clue what had just happened when they were standing on the mat at the end.
    They were really shaken up by he whole experience.
    "That's Numberwang!"

My emotions for these two really took a roller-coaster ride last night. On the one hand, their dogged adherence to the Remora Strategy is driving me insane. I'd like to see them achieve success solely on their own merits. When they were detained in that remote place, I felt horrible for them. You're in the middle of one of the most fun experiences of your life (and doing well), and you get smacked in the face with a huge dose of racial profiling. I could completely understand why their status in the game really had no meaning for them in that situation. Absolutely disgusting.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Felt so bad for them, it was dreadful & insane!

I personally would REALLY be freaked out if I were in a competition like this that comes down to minutes, and I was detained in a foreign country where I don't speak the language, and asked to surrender my passport. I think they did the smart thing by refusing, although I have no idea what the ramifications of doing it would be.

I'd be interested to hear about what the violation was that caused them to be detained in the first place. I know that they either almost or did go into a mosque that they weren't allowed into. If they did go in, then I can see a law being broken.

Ah. That would make more sense. The implication I picked up was that they were hauled in "just because". Hence, my "racial profiling" comment. I'd feel better for them (albeit not much) if it was something other than that.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I'm with you Paulie...it's such a turn off to see them never trying to figure out anything on their own, but just follow everyone around all the time.

Really bad luck on the detaining, but they are still not in my top tier of teams just because they don't seem to be doing anything on their own.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I also wished they start to run the race on their own. It's okay to ask for help, but Dang! Do they have to ride the Brothers' coat tails all the way to the Finals. :rolleyes It they didn't get their on their own merit, then that's not an achievement.

I feel like I'm alone in my thinking
    From what I can see, the twins are doing the same thing, they just somehow do it differently. I do not see them making any of the travel decisions, in my opinion Ken and Gerard are carring all four of these players

John, I don't think they actually went into the Mosque, but perhaps being on Mosque grounds was enough? The one guy told them the mosque was right there, but that they couldn't go in, so they didn't.

Although I don't want it to be next week, I can't wait to hear from these two!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Definitely, those are questions we want to ask on their interview.
    You're right Cali! The Twins are also following Ken/Gerard around, but they seem to do a little bit more than A/D. The Twins and K/G agreed on a mutual alliance. A/D forced themselves into the Brothers Alliance. K/G decided to bring them instead of trying to work against them. I guess that's a good strategy by A/D, but I still don't like it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast