+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: AR All-Stars

AR All-Stars

If you could put together a show of AR All-Stars from Seasons 1-6, which 11 teams would you sign up for another race?

Not all of my picks are people I cheered for, but they are people I would like to see race again:

Frank and Margarita - Season 1
    Kevin and Drew - Season 1
    Danny and Oswald - Season 2
    Gary and Dave - Season 2
    Peggy and Claire - Season 2
    Ken and Gerard - Season 3
    John Vito and Jill - Season 3
    Steve and Dave - Season 4
    Linda and Karen - Season 5
    Chip and Kim - Season 5
    Kris and Jon - Season 6
    "Nothing intoxicates some people like a sip of authority."

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    I was waiting to see when one of these threads would pop up again. I really hope TAR AS will happen, although the more time that goes by, the less likely I'm wanting to see one, simply because a lot of teams who I think were deserving or who would have made it back might get cut just to fit in someone. I wouldn't mind if they just limited it to the first five seasons, since I didn't care too much about anyone from TAR6 and I'm not really getting into any of the teams from TAR7 yet. But here's my list (and I'm not limiting it to a certain number):

TAR1:
    Frank/Margarita (have heard rumors they may not want to do it again)
    Drew/Kevin (the original comic relief and fourth place curse team)
    Joe/Bill (the original villians, very tame by today's standards)
    Rob/Brennan (not big on bringing back every winning team, but these guys were the first and deserve it more than anyone, IMO)
    Alternate: Dave/Margaretta (like some of the older couples who could have gone much farther but got screwed by a taxi driver)

TAR2 (many of these are teams who went out early and probably have a snowball's chance in hell of coming back, but I think again, they had bad luck and could have done better):
    Deirdre/Hillary
    Hope/Norm
    Shola/Doyin
    Cyndi/Russell
    Mary/Peach
    Blake/Paige

TAR3:
    John-Vito/Jill
    Derek/Drew
    Ken/Gerard
    Flo/Zach (just to give Flo another chance and see what she's like now. I've heard she's been pushing the producers to do an all-star show pretty hard)
    Aaron/Arianne (not a huge fan of the commentary they used to do, but TAR3 seemed to be missing something once they got eliminated)

TAR4 (I never thought I'd say this, but TAR7 may actually pass TAR4 on my list as being the worst installment ever)
    Amanda/Chris
    Monica/Sheree
    Tian/Jaree
    Kelly/Jon
    Alternate: Steve/Dave

TAR5:
    Dennis/Erika (got screwed by a camera guy and might have been able to stay in if it weren't for that)
    Charla/Mirna
    Kami/Karli (I think they were a lot better than they came across. I'd hope next time they wouldn't be so cautious and more observant)
    Brandon/Nicole
    Colin/Christie (hated them on the show, but they are one of the best)

TAR6:
    Lena/Kristy
    Adam/Rebecca (I can't stand Adam, especially post-show, but they were entertaining to watch, and I thought Rebecca was pretty kick ass)
    Hayden/Aaron (as long as she leaves the tank tops at home)
    Kris/Jon
    Alternates: Lori/Bolo, Meredith/Maria
    Last edited by karalott; 03-23-2005 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kcfemmefatale
    If you could put together a show of AR All-Stars from Seasons 1-6, which 11 teams would you sign up for another race?

Not all of my picks are people I cheered for, but they are people I would like to see race again:

Frank and Margarita - Season 1
    Kevin and Drew - Season 1
    Danny and Oswald - Season 2
    Gary and Dave - Season 2
    Peggy and Claire - Season 2
    Ken and Gerard - Season 3
    John Vito and Jill - Season 3
    Steve and Dave - Season 4
    Linda and Karen - Season 5
    Chip and Kim - Season 5
    Kris and Jon - Season 6
    There's no way Colin and Christie wouldn't be on that list.

I wouldn't put Colin and Christy on the list.

I would put Lena and Kristy -- and Charla and Mirna. Lena and Kristy were the only female team with any chance to win, and gosh I still don't get what happened.

It would be cool to see all the first place and second place teams -- that would be a strong field.

You might not like Colin and Christie, but they have been arguably the strongest racers TAR has had. Their drama also increases ratings.

FORT Newbie
    I love team cha cha cha and would love to see them race again. Also I love the idea of AR all-stars
    insert something clever here.

I really hope there is no TAR all stars.

Survivor showed that the idea just isn't as good in practice as it sounds, and you end up with a lot of folks just doing it for the exposure rather than playing the game.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Leo
    Premium Member
    I like the idea of an All-Star TAR about as much as Rob would like a New York Yankees ballcap.

I have a tough time remembering all of the racers from the different seasons but here goes

season 1: Frank and Margarita
    season 2: Tara and Wil
    season 3: Flo and Zach (just to watch her do six roadblocks )
    season 4: ? don't remember anyone really ack ... Steve and Dave for all the info they have given us here at the FORT
    season 5: Linda and Karen,Colin and Christie
    Chip and Kim (to see her do six roadblocks ..not in the same way as Flo tho)
    season 6: Kris and Jon, Lena and Kristy

I do not want to see a all star TAR but IF they must, these are a few teams I would like to see

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    I really hope there is no TAR all stars.

Survivor showed that the idea just isn't as good in practice as it sounds, and you end up with a lot of folks just doing it for the exposure rather than playing the game.
    I think an AS TAR could turn out a lot better than Survivor's, as long as the producers do a better job. It will really depend on casting, something Survivor failed at.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast