+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who "Yields" Who?

FORT Fan

Who "Yields" Who?

There is one more yield left.
    I think it won't be wasted. So which team will get it and who will be the victim?

It's quite interesting to know if "Kris/Jon" get it, who will they yield?
    Or Will they yield somebody?

FORT Regular
    My guess is that Kris and Jon won't yield anyone but if any of the other teams have a chance to yield Kris and Jon, they'll do it.

I agree that if there is a chance to yield KJ -- it will be done, but hoping that emotions will come into play and Kendra and Freddy will yield Rebecca and Adam.....

I'm hoping that for once slow and steady wins the race (Kris and Jon)!

Leo
    Premium Member
    If Kris and Jon are going to be yielded, it's going to be along the lines of Colin and Christie - they fall behind going from task to task, and someone yields them to keep them behind. You really can't use a Yield to stop a strong team - it only makes sense to use the Yield on the last place team (which is why I can't understand A&R's use of it last week), and the best teams always find a way to squeeze out from a last-place jam. It can be used to put a weak last-place team out of the race entirely, but even that is questionable.

Historically, the Yield hasn't played a role in deciding who got Philiminated. Colin and Christie got saved by the last NEL, and the time gap Adam and Rebecca got over Freddy and Kendra was lost when Adam screwed up the Roadblock. So I'm not convinced it really matters.

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    So I'm not convinced it really matters.
    Sort of agree. My guess is it's used mainly to stir teams up.

I think everyone is starting to get threatened by Kris and Jon so they are the most likely to be yielded. They are definitely becoming the strongest team (yay!). I think Hayden and Aaron are the most likely to yield them if they get the opportunity.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

My guess is if Aaron and Hayden get onto the Yield mat first, they will yield Kris and Jon (with Hayden insisting on it since she obviously is so threatened by Kris and Jon), but if Freddy and Kendra get in first, they'll yield Adam and Rebecca for revenge. I can't see Kris and Jon yielding anybody, it's just not their style.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby
    I think everyone is starting to get threatened by Kris and Jon so they are the most likely to be yielded. They are definitely becoming the strongest team (yay!). I think Hayden and Aaron are the most likely to yield them if they get the opportunity.
    As much as I hate Hayden (whiner and psycho ) and love Kris and Jon (go K/J!!!), I have to admit that if Hayden and Aaron don't argue as much as they do, they're a stronger team than Kris and Jon.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    I think the only team that might be safe from getting Yielded is Aaron & Hayden. Adam & Rebecca already used their Yield, so they can't use it again (unless the rules changed) so Freddy & Kendra might Yield them as revenge, or possibly Kris & Jon.

CCL
    I hope K & J aren't "too nice" to use the yield. It's a game, these people are not your friends, use the yield! I can see them being reluctant and not using it though.
    That said, I don't think that Hayden and Aaron are a stronger team than K & J, and would be more likely to win if they just didn't argue. K & J have proved themselves to be a strong team - for example, in this past leg they arrived third to the coconut challenge and yet they finished the task first. I think their only downfall is their niceness - they don't seem to want to push their way to the front, step on people's toes, get other teams mad at them. Someone on another thread made the point that when all the teams are together waiting for a place to open K & J usually end up in last place. Which is not good (obviously). Maybe, when it comes down to it, they will become more aggressive.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast