+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who "Yields" Who?

FORT Regular
    I think they will be a bit more aggressive, especially if they make the final three (please, please, PLEASE!!!), but they strike me as people who would rather lose the race than be nasty to others, which is better than winning the race in my book.

I am almost positive that Kris and Jon will be Yielded, and I am almost positive it will happen like it did to Colin and Christie, except that they won't be as mad about it. It won't eliminate them, but it won't help them either. They'll recover. But don't think I won't be holding my breath the entire time

FORT Fogey
    Well, Hayden & Aaron and Kris & Jon are good friends currently. Would they be that good of friends if H&A yielded K&J? Perhaps cuz that's the way K&J are but not necessarily. I'm thinking F&K yield A&R for payback. Good, serves them right for being so stupid with the yield last week. Of course I could be wrong but that's what I'm hoping for. I do NOT want A&R to make the F3. That'd be like Kami & Karli getting to the F3.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Cutie
    Well, Hayden & Aaron and Kris & Jon are good friends currently. Would they be that good of friends if H&A yielded K&J? Perhaps cuz that's the way K&J are but not necessarily. I'm thinking F&K yield A&R for payback. Good, serves them right for being so stupid with the yield last week. Of course I could be wrong but that's what I'm hoping for. I do NOT want A&R to make the F3. That'd be like Kami & Karli getting to the F3.
    They've known eachother for what? 3 weeks. They are NOT that good of friends. There is no way H & A would not yield K & J because of friendship. Heck, in a race for a million dollars most contestants would probably yield their mothers! The yield is there to be used - nothing wrong with using it.

I think A & R are more deserving of being in the final 3 than Kami & Karli, personally. K & K were clueless.

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CCL
    They've known eachother for what? 3 weeks. They are NOT that good of friends. There is no way H & A would not yield K & J because of friendship. Heck, in a race for a million dollars most contestants would probably yield their mothers! The yield is there to be used - nothing wrong with using it.

I think A & R are more deserving of being in the final 3 than Kami & Karli, personally. K & K were clueless.
    I got the impression from Lori and Bolo's Early Show interview that they've been there for four weeks. Yes A&R are more deserving than Kami & Karli, but their the least deserving of the current four.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by CCL

You miss understand me. I said "currently" therefore implying(but I guess not good enough) that they are good friends now. As in January, 2005. Colin & Christie and Chip & Kim are not good friends now because of the Yield. Chip thought that C&C would be very good friends with them right now had C&K not used the yield so that was why I was wondering if H&A used the yield on K&J if they would still be good friends today or if being yielded would change that. Then I wondered if maybe K&J could get yielded by them but it wouldn't affect them the way it affected C&C because K&J aren't like that.

But hopefully K&J don't get yielded. And I was harsh with A&R but even the twins got 3rd once! A&R have not finished better than 4th except for the FF. A&R aren't that good of racers and if they got into the F3 they could win and they wouldn't be all that deserving and I'd be pretty disappointed.

- "One Team has a chance to retaliate against another Team for thwarting their efforts on a previous leg. Will the Team seek revenge?"

So this means ....... the yielded will yield the yielder this time?

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Cutie
    You miss understand me. I said "currently" therefore implying(but I guess not good enough) that they are good friends now.
    No, I got your meaning. I think you missed my point which was that the teams have known eachother for a short while ( 3 or 4 weeks) and, in most of that time, they are directly competing with eachother. Are they friendly to eachother? Sure, when they can be. Do they talk and hang out in the rest stops? Yes, a bit (in between sleeping and doing interviews so how much time really?). But are they truly such "good friends" that they should be loath to use the yield against one another? I don't think so. That's why I couldn't understand Colin freaking out so much about Chip and Kim using the yield last year. Did he really think people he had known only under race conditions, for only a (relatively) short time, were such true-blue friends and cared about him and Christie so much that they wouldn't use the yield to benefit their own position? That's silly thinking, in my opinion. It's one thing to say the yield is unfair or stupid (which I think it is - bring back the fast forwards); it is another to think that your "friends" on the race won't possibly use it against you.
    Last edited by CCL; 02-01-2005 at 11:43 AM.

FORT Newbie
    The yields use:

Leg 3 - Haggvik, Sweden - No one used
    Leg 8 - Ethiopia - Freddy & Kendra by Adam & Rebecca
    Leg 10 - Shanghai, China - Adam & Rebecca by Freddy & Kendra

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar
    Next season I hope they get rid of the yields. They were a pretty shaky concept and brings a Survivor element of punishing superior players.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast