+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728

Thread: 01/25 Episode Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I think that the next team to be eliminated will be Rebecca and Adam putting Kris/Jon, Hayden/Aaron, and Kendra/Freddy in the top 3. Rebecca and Adam don't seem like that intimidating or able to get out of last place without the Fast Forward.

FORT Fanatic
    When news of the tsunami first hit, the first thing I thought of was if TAR was in the area at the time.The devestation was awful enough,imagine if they had been in the area at the time. Cetainly would have been terrible for all concerned.

I really didn't care for Lori & Bolo when the race started, but I've grown to like them alot more. Certainly better than many of the other couples,Jonathon, Kendra, Adam,Hayden, all are annoying whiners. At least with Lori & Bolo they never whined about the tasks. Thank God Jonathon is gone. I really at this point want to see Kris and John win, they are the only ones left that I won't be sorry to see win.

FORT Newbie
    Dunno if anyone else mentioned this but how did they know they had to swim the length of the pool? i know phil told the 3 teams but im sure kris and jon said it before they got there. there was no clue to say this, so surely there was no point in climbing that rock if they knew what they were looking for?

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CCL
    Yeah, this from the guy wearing prissy glasses. :rolleyes.
    Prissy glasses are the ones Elton John wears. And with Adams weekly whining, calling him a "nancy" is somewhat justified.

Quote Originally Posted by OneSize
    Dunno if anyone else mentioned this but how did they know they had to swim the length of the pool? i know phil told the 3 teams but im sure kris and jon said it before they got there. there was no clue to say this, so surely there was no point in climbing that rock if they knew what they were looking for?
    I believe the clue at the beginning of the climb indicated that they were looking for a club with a pool... and told them that they would have to swim the length of it. They had to climb the rock in order to find out exactly where it was.

Quote Originally Posted by OneSize
    When i listened to the insider videos for this week I heard Hayden mentionning that when they got to the pit stop there was a big poster saying they had to swim the length of the pool.
    Wrigleys Doublemint Gum....double your pleasure, double your fun!

Interesting information from Lori and Bolo in this cnn article today:

'Amazing Race' slip-up
    NEW YORK (AP) -- That's not the ticket!

Married pro wrestlers Lori Harvey and Bolo Dar'Tainian failed to read a clue thoroughly and forgot a required ticket during CBS' "The Amazing Race," which pushed them from second to last place on the race around the world.

"We missed the part where it said you had to have a ticket," Dar'Tainian told The Associated Press on Wednesday. "It was my fault, but Lori can read, too."

In Tuesday's episode, "The Amazing Race" teams traveled from Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, to Sigiriya, Sri Lanka, weeks before the December 26 tsunami disaster.

"The train we rode on for four hours is completely gone. It's very sad," Dar'Tainian said. "It's crazy to think what would've happened if it would've happened while we were there. We would've gotten killed."

Of the five remaining two-person teams, Harvey, 33, and Dar'Tainian, 38, were the oldest team left and, according to Dar'Tainian, the "toughest."

"We're backwoods country people. We're more real," Harvey told the AP, referring to their competitors. "I was so tired of 'oh baby' this and 'oh honey' that. I was like, would you please remove that word 'baby' from your vocabulary?"

During a rush to buy airline tickets during the fifth leg of the race in Senegal, Harvey and Dar'Tainian had an altercation with dating actors team Hayden Kristianson and Aaron Crumbaugh, who were securing tickets for themselves and their allies, engaged model team Freddy Holliday and Kendra Bentley.

"I was about ready to break his boney butt in half, but I'm not that mean of a person," Dar'Tainian said.

He also called Jonathan Baker's treatment of Victoria Fuller -- they were eliminated last week -- "way out of line" and said the ongoing friction between formerly dating couple Adam Malis and Rebecca Cardon was "tragic."

"I didn't know their relationship was that bad," said Dar'Tainian.

Up next for the brute duo? Harvey says she "would love to do Playboy."
    http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/01/2...z/index.html#2

We're backwoods country people. We're more real," Harvey told the AP, referring to their competitors. "I was so tired of 'oh baby' this and 'oh honey' that. I was like, would you please remove that word 'baby' from your vocabulary?"
    I knew there was a reason I liked Lori.

I really hope that Adam and Rebecca are next ones out. Their goofy non-relationship is just too tiresome and Rebecca tries too hard to mug for the camera and utterquotable sound bites.

I look forward to a final-three-to-the-finish line of Jon/Kris, Aaron/Hayden and Freddie/Kendra. These are clearly the strongest racers, and they have demonstrated their strengths throughout the entire nine legs so far. Adam and Rebecca have just been finishing too poorly so far to be really worthy of the final run.

I added up the points accumulated by the racers so far: using 1 point for first place, 2 pts for second, etc., Jon and Kris end up with just 20 points. That is an average of 2.2 or almost exactly an average of second place for ALL nine legs. Aaron and Hayden have 26 points, averaging 2.9, which rounds up to a third place finish. Freddie and Kendra earned 39 points which is well over a fourth place finish, and Rebecca and sissyboy have averaged fifth place--45 points in 9 legs.

So I am hoping for a race between the racers who have shown the best racing, and if the final dash to the end gives us some sentimental favorites and also some good villains--so much the better. We can cheer and jeer to our heart's content.

+ Reply to Thread