+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Roadblock Count

FORT Fan
    i like all the final 3 teams in tar5, but the editing made the women look dumb. i like the rule, but maybe they should make it like max. 7 or 8.

this time, TA6 is a Girl Power...girls are always on the go.

Updated count after the Sri Lanka leg (rock):

1. Hayden (5) & Aaron (4)
    Aaron: zipline, hay bales, soup, grape stomping, rock
    Hayden: salt harvesting, bungee, race car, church

2. Kris (4) & Jon (5)
    Kris: salt harvest, bungee, grape stomping, church
    Jon: zipline, hay bales, race car, soup, rock

3. Freddy (5) & Kendra (4)
    Freddy: hay bales, race car, soup, church, rock
    Kendra: zipline, salt harvest, bungee, grape stomping

4. Adam (5) & Rebecca (3)--one less due to fast forward
    Adam: zipline, hay bales, salt harvest, church, rock
    Rebecca: bungee, race car, soup

All the guys can only do 1 of the remaining 3 roadblocks. Looks like the ladies will all be doing 2 of the next 3, except Rebecca has the option of doing all the remaining 3 road blocks.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

I love the new roadblock rule. It means no team can rest on the shoulders of one strong member while the other hitches a ride. And so far there hasn't been any task the women (or perceived weaker team members) have been incapable of handling. That's great. Good call, TAR producers!
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Aota Bass
    Updated count after the Sri Lanka leg (rock):

1. Hayden (5) & Aaron (4)
    Aaron: zipline, hay bales, soup, grape stomping, rock
    Hayden: salt harvesting, bungee, race car, church
    Aaron has done five roadblocks already. And from the previews, it seems as though Aaron will be doing his last roadblock (window-washing?) in the next episode.

seems dangerous to have him to the next one... simply because they don't know what's coming up... then again his teammate is Rebecca, and I'm pretty sure she can do anything
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

FORT Regular
    Huh? His teammate is Hayden, and there's a whole lot she can't do. I think you confused Aaron with Adam.

Of course, I also think Rebecca is better at talking about how she would be better at roadblocks than she is at actually doing them (eating being the exception).

Interesting.. if Aaron does the next RB, this puts a little bit of a dent into the H/A winning theory. Who knows, though..

oops, I read adam :rolleyes My bad!

I saw that Adam had done five, then misread the window washing bit

I do like this rule though, it makes it even more important to pick the right person for the job. I know someone posed the question somewhere, but I'm not sure where... does anyone know if they are allowed to read the details of the RB this year? I feel like they must be allowed too, simply for the fact that a team member may agree to doing something that it turns out they are allergic to (A certain food or bees or something).
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    But do you think TPTB would pick a task like that? I mean, what is someone used up all their RB in the first 6 legs, and then the person who didn't do any has to do something that they can't possibly do (which some people might say is their own fault). I remember in the first RB in Norway, I don't think they were allowed to read the clue then, because a couple of people seemed surprised with what they had to do. Maybe they let them look later on ? I wasn't really sure I'd like the rule, but it seems to have worked out fine, and at least none of the girls this season can be accused of not pulling their weight. I was surprised that some of them didn't even hesitate.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast