+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Amazing Race 7 to premiere March 1

Amazing Race whore
    Agreed. Watching AI on TV sucks because the commercials are overwhelming. Once the leg starts of the race, there's only 3 commercials (I don't even really count the commercial after the "previously")

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar
    it is too soon in my opinion! I was looking forward to some uninterrupted American Idol/college b ball.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by esmattynd
    Ok, I love this show. I would even go so far as to say its my favorite reality show. However......I'm not ready for ANOTHER TAR in just a month or so. Its a little too much too soon. When you run something in three consecutive seasons (summer, fall/winter, and upcoming in spring) you don't let anticipation build.

I also love Big Brother. But once per year is plenty. It gives me something to look forward to. When its summer and nothing is on but baseball (ugh), I know I'll have good ole Julie Chen and the houseguests for entertainment. I identify BB with summertime.

TAR is giving us too much too fast. Phil is great. The locations are great. The racers have been, uh, well ok. But the novelty is wearing off. Its getting kind of routine. I would prefer to wait about 6 months, until late summer 2005, for another TAR. Anyone else agree? Disagree?
    I don't mind waiting a year for Big Brother, since it's a little different show with the way it airs (although I'm starting to go through withdrawls right now) but I don't really want to have only one TAR a year. However, I do agree that they need to space it out a little more. I remember when it first came out TAR6 was going to premiere a week after TAR5; I wasn't even excited about it. At least Survivor waits a few weeks in between (but even that airs a little too much for me). I wish they had waited until the summer this time. They make it sound like if they wait, they'll lose viewers. That may be the case, but I don't think viewers will go down so drastically.

I don't care. I like TAR enough to want to see two seasons in a row. I always hate it when a tv show takes a break so I don't mind if this one takes just a tiny break.
    Wrigleys Doublemint Gum....double your pleasure, double your fun!

Actually, the fact that it's gone for 2 weeks kinda bugs me.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Miss F. I'm right there with ya
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

i cant believe it's already starting !

FORT Regular
    I want the all TAR Channel all the time. With Racers on Demand coverage so I can just choose a team and stick with them...

Does anyone know when they are accepting applications for TAR8? I've looked everywhere online and I don't know where to find the application. Please help!

Leo
    Premium Member
    TAR 8 will not have the two-persons-to-a-team format - they're accepting families of up to four. The applications must be in by March 11.

You can get all the details at the TAR application page: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race_application/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast