+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Amazing Race 7 to premiere March 1

FORT Fan
    Yeah, the more TAR the better. But I seriously thought TAR 4 was kinda boring with only 2 new countries, and almost the end of the whole series.
    Last edited by John; 01-21-2005 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    I think this is an extremely bad move on CBS's part.
    Shades of Last Comic Standing? I'm still fuming at NBC over that one.

FORT Regular
    When does the daytime version start? I heard John Stamos was going to host.

FORT Regular
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o!

Quote Originally Posted by Sancerre2001
    When does the daytime version start? I heard John Stamos was going to host.
    Huh???

What are these last few posts referring to?
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

FORT Regular
    It's a joke about Amazing Race becoming too overexposed.

Anyone else suffering a little "TAR" overload?

Ok, I love this show. I would even go so far as to say its my favorite reality show. However......I'm not ready for ANOTHER TAR in just a month or so. Its a little too much too soon. When you run something in three consecutive seasons (summer, fall/winter, and upcoming in spring) you don't let anticipation build.

I also love Big Brother. But once per year is plenty. It gives me something to look forward to. When its summer and nothing is on but baseball (ugh), I know I'll have good ole Julie Chen and the houseguests for entertainment. I identify BB with summertime.

TAR is giving us too much too fast. Phil is great. The locations are great. The racers have been, uh, well ok. But the novelty is wearing off. Its getting kind of routine. I would prefer to wait about 6 months, until late summer 2005, for another TAR. Anyone else agree? Disagree?

I agree. A little anticipation is a good thing. It's the same reason why I'm having trouble getting fully into The Apprentice 3.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fan
    It is not so for me. It would be if they repeated shows, but since they don't repeat the shows there is alway a new episode. You can't say that about Lost or Desperate Housewives where you lose continuity. Sort of like showing the third quarter of the Super Bowl before the second.

I can go 52 straight weeks of TAR as long as there are no repeats.

As for scheduling - how about this idea. It is not done much anymore since they try to spread a good show out but what if they showed a 10 team TAR that spanned 2 hours a night over the course of a week like the big mini-series like Roots or the Civil War? I think it would help snag new viewers since they don't have to make a 13 weeks investment in the show as they do now. As many channels as there are and the overuse of the remote control, many people do not want to expend the energy to invest in a TV show. Some viewers are so fickle that they forget what they were watching over the course of a commercial break. Not to mention the networks and their 1 shot chances for new shows.

Make it a long format competition show and reduce the number of commercials for a series or two.

As for the commercials I have to hand it to CBS. They have 4 commercial breaks that last 4 minutes on average. Watching AI without a DVR is a torture. I would go on to say they have 6 or 7 breaks an hour even during the taped shows in AI. And they are almost all Ford or Coke commercials.
    Last edited by rssrara; 02-01-2005 at 11:24 AM.
    Debbie: "Bianca, why would those rugby players have to eat each other when they crashed on a beach?"

As for scheduling - how about this idea. It is not done much anymore since they try to spread a good show out but what if they showed a 10 team TAR that spanned 2 hours a night over the course of a week
    Ooh, I like it!! It would work especially well for an all-star version since they wouldn't need to spend as much time on character development.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast