+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: 01/11 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    I actually like the teams. I don't understand why people say they are young and athletic as if it is a bad thing. Its just that in this season, the fit outlasted the not so fit. I mean look at the eliminated teams. In other seasons, the young and fit sometimes lost early on. Its all about skills and luck and if you don't have it, then its a problem for you. I like most of the remaining teams because they are true. They are competitive and crazy and that is what competition is all about.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicarious_Viewr
    Didn't Phil say back when Don & MJ got the NEL that there were only 2 for the entire race?
    He said 3. Its good 2 are already used. It is good the producers are mixing the NELS early on and not saving them for the end where its so predictable and boring. In fact, i actually love the rules for this season, i.e 6 RB, mixing NELS, 2 consecutive FF's, etc. It is reasonable, various, and good for the competition. If this TAR was like all the other ones, I still would've loved it but it would've gotten kind of ehh.
    Last edited by DarKensoul7; 01-11-2005 at 11:13 PM.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by evilgemini
    next week lots of injuries and relationship issues -- it looks like it could be india or s/e asia somewheres with lush green and a mud hut project of some sort. can't wait -- see ya'll then!
    Hmmm... I wonder if this race ends up in Indonesia, Sri Lanka or somewhere the tsunami hit -- before it happened, of course.

My heart literally dropped when the guy at the ticket counter said that he can't process Kris and Jon's tickets coz it's already closed! It's a good thing they did get on the plane, they're the only ones I like that's still in the race.

Jonathan blames EVERYTHING on Victoria, blaming her for not getting the Fast Forward? I mean, hello?! What did she do? sheesh. I think if ever somebody yielded them, he'll still blame her for it! "IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT, THEY DON'T LIKE YOU SO THEY YIELDED US!", psycho. He hates Lori coz he knows that she can kick his butt. I bet he "hates" Rebecca too coz she's much stronger than him.

I really admire Aaron's patience with Hayden. I never really liked this team, mainly because of her.

Did you guys see the abs of Rebecca?! I wish I had abs like that!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Goten
    I am beginning to get tired of the bunching...... What was that? 2 or 3 in one episode?

But I don't think these teams are boring either. I mean, they might be models, but they are still interesting. And I'd rather have interesting models than boring "regular" people.

And just as long as Jonathan and Vic don't win, i'll still be happy.
    ITA (except for the part about J&V winning; the only team right now that I don't want to see win is Hayden & Aaron, although I wouldn't have the same reaction as when Flo won.) This season isn't the best, imo, but I don't think it's that boring. As for the teams, I do think their interesting, although I'm not really into them as past seasons. The tasks have been a lot of fun to watch. The only gripe I have is the bunching, and the moving to a new country every episode.

FORT Fogey
    Ok, so now I'm glad Jerkathon & Victoria didn't come in last place cuz hearing they'd be saved by NEL would make me throw up. I almost did anyway. I didn't think I could hate him even more but every week I find there is MORE to hate. Just UGH. Next week though, maybe THEN it's the end of them. He really is ruining my enjoyment of the show.

Contrast him with Kris & Jon and it's amazing how they can be so lovely amongst the asshats(Jerkathon, Kendra). Kris & Jon just rock and I about died when I thought they were screwed. How could that possibly happen after they made a great move?

Adam is pathetic but Rebecca shouldn't treat him this way. (Talking more about the previews.) They were pretty cool and he provided some hilarious footage during the FF.

Too bad Kendra made those horrible moments. She was pretty cool this episode but she's dead to me.

Poor Aaron, WHY is he with Hayden? She doesn't appreciate him. He's awesome. *sigh*

Jerkathon hates Lori as others said, cuz she could kick his butt. Probably why he hates Rebecca, as someone else said. Doesn't hate Kris cuz although she could kick his butt, she never would. Doesn't feel threatened by Hayden or Kendra.

BTW, I know my own personal Jonathan. It's amazing how much I've had to deal with cuz of him. Needless to say, I hate him too. Poor me, why must I know someone like Jonathan? I have the urge to beat him to a bloody pulp and I'm not even that way. Cuz, afterall, he's JUST LIKE JONATHAN! Be glad you don't know this guy

Look forward to next week's episode. It's gonna be a good one. I thought it was Kendra who was yelling at the asshat to help Victoria but it might be Hayden. I'll have to check out some screen shots.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott
    ITA (except for the part about J&V winning; the only team right now that I don't want to see win is Hayden & Aaron,.
    I don't like Hayden or J & V and hope they are gone soon.
    By the end of the hour, I am a nervous wreck with the music and all of the yelling. It's almost unpleasant I have never watched TAR before- is this normal??
    If I heard Kendra or Freddy (AKA baby and baby) say 'GO BABY' one more time, I was going to throw a shoe at the TV! That drives me bonkers!
    I think next week Kendra has an asthma attack, but it looked to me like Victoria might have gotten bitten by something.
    Can't wait for next week!
    And from now on, whenever something goes wrong, no matter what it is, I'm just going to blame Victoria, because you know -IT'S ALL HER FAULT!

I liked how disappointed Phil looked when V and J showed up. He really couldn't hide his displeasure, could he? lol

He did look unusually grim, didn't he?
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Fogey
    Well, Phil isn't superhuman. He hates Jonathan as much as mostly everyone else does. If Phil could plaster on a fake grin, I think he'd deserve to get an Emmy for best actor or something

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyone
    I don't like Hayden or J & V and hope they are gone soon.
    By the end of the hour, I am a nervous wreck with the music and all of the yelling. It's almost unpleasant I have never watched TAR before- is this normal??
    If I heard Kendra or Freddy (AKA baby and baby) say 'GO BABY' one more time, I was going to throw a shoe at the TV! That drives me bonkers!
    I think next week Kendra has an asthma attack, but it looked to me like Victoria might have gotten bitten by something.
    Can't wait for next week!
    And from now on, whenever something goes wrong, no matter what it is, I'm just going to blame Victoria, because you know -IT'S ALL HER FAULT!
    They've had teams in the past that screamed at each other, but they've never had this many at once. Of course, their all young couples, except for J&V, one's formely dating, two are dating, and one's engaged, so I guess what do you expect? Not saying every couple acts like that, but it doesn't surprise me. And Hayden & Aaron haven't been dating long, so that doesn't surprise me, either. They play a lot more music each season it seems, so I would say it's pretty normal, especially at a "climactic" part of the show.

Kendra says that hasn't happened to her in 15 years (right?) so I'm guessing she does have asthma as well. I thought maybe Victoria got burned, because when she ran over to those guys, it looked like they threw water on it. But I don't know what she could have gotten burned on.

+ Reply to Thread