+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Amazing Race" coming to DVD!!

FORT Fan

"Amazing Race" coming to DVD!!

After watching other reality series, like "Survivor", "Apprentice", "Real World", and even "The Mole" come out on DVD, it appears near certainty that CBS's underappreciated reality series "Amazing Race" will soon join them.

The following article appeared today (1/10/2005) on the website www.tvshowsondvd.com, a website not known for publicizing rumors and heresay.

"The Amazing Race - Season 1 is headed to DVD at some point in the future, we've learned. This box set is *likely* to arrive in 2005, but you should know that there are no guarantees it will make it before the year is over. Still, we know that a lot of you have been anxiously awaiting for *some* word of this title, so we wanted to bring this info to you just as soon as possible. Stay tuned, and we'll have official info from the studio whenever they provide updates."

While the article is short on information, such as who is actually releasing it (CBS, Touchstone Television, etc.), it appears that our favorite reality series will be "Race"-ing onto DVD soon.

FORT Regular
    This crazy fan it crying tears of joy right now!!!

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar
    That's pretty good news. But seeing how reality shows are not quite a rewatchable as scripted show, I'll only get if if there's a ton of extra features.

I must have season 2 and 5. So release them fast.
    Also squeeze in some extras such Phil's diary, bloopers, recap.....
    "I was ionized, but I'm OK now", Buckaroo Banzai

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar
    Season 3 and 4 all the way. 2 and 5 were my least favourite.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    I bought one season of Big Brother, and both seasons of Survivor. I was hoping there'd be lots of extras on them, but I was pretty disappointed. Survivor All-Stars wasn't too bad, but I'd think they could put in some extra stuff (aside from what they did have.)

So I'm hoping TAR is full of bonus stuff. But I'd still buy it regardless.

Having missed seasons 1, 2, and 3, this is the best news ever!

I'm getting all five seasons.. you can get them already in a kinda sketchy-legal way..

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    Considering that I tape all of the shows and watch them when I'm bored with tv, I'm really glad to see that it'll be on dvd. I'll buy it for sure.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

This would be most excellent news. Not holding breath. Yet.

Even if it has ZERO extra features, it will be worth its weight in Hungarian Pigs' Blood. (Assuming that's valuable, of course.)

If you're a fan(atic) like me, you've got a VHS collection of some sort. But that simply isn't sufficient. What if you want to jump right to the scene where Frank has to drive the "Swatch Watch" car in Italy. It can take several minutes to find the right spot on VHS. Or, you want to watch The Guidos stuck in Alaska. Or, you want to see them throwing "whales" off the tower in Austria. Or. Or. Or.

I wasn't wise enough when this little adventure started a few years ago -- I didn't even tape it (for keeping anyway). Much later, I had to break down and buy VHS from someone of the first 2 seasons. Fair quality, non-cable, often without commercials (which means without a few important seconds here and there, too).

Then I started taping my own in TAR3. But, still not wise enough -- I was taping in 6 hour mode. The quality is much better than the ealier seasons that I bought. But, eventually, by the start of TAR4 I think, I started taping in 2 hour mode. Better quality, but lots of tapes.

If I ever break down and add a DVD burner to my PC, I'll be making my own DVD copies of my VHS, just for safer-keeping and easier-watching. But, it still won't compare to a produced DVD.
    There are three cigars in the humidor --- My yo-yo has no string --- Isn't that rather misshapen?
    It's supposed to bend that way, I'm Italian! --- I bring new meaning to the phrase 'Blown out of proportion'! --- My puzzle has one piece missing

Thanks, TAR4 ATC Dave and TAR4 ATCSteve!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast