+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Amazing Race" coming to DVD!!

Amazing Race on DVD

This is great news! First Survivor, now Amazing Race. Keep the Seasons coming CBS!

KGS
    FORT Newbie
    This is encouraging news, but that same website also reports that "The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr." is coming to DVD...in 2002. And we're still waiting. :phhht

So I'll believe it when I see it.

I searched for The Amazing Race on Amazon.com and, of course, it wasnt there but I was promted with an option of being emailed by Amazon when/if it ever becomes availiable so I selected that I did want to be emailed. Amazon had some sort of reply like they would let the appropriate people know of my interest and get back to me if it becomes avail.

I took that to mean maybe CBS gets info from Amazon on how many people like me have said they want notification as soon as those DVD's become available. This way CBS can know if lots of people are interested.

I have watched all seasons and I want them for my big sister who I've gotten hooked. She even had her own AR Race for her son's 10th birtday this year (picture a mad crazy scavenger hunt w/little stunts added).

I dont have the memory like some people in this forum do though and can barely remember the first few teams so I wouldnt mind re-watching them again myself.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by KGS
    This is encouraging news, but that same website also reports that "The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr." is coming to DVD...in 2002. And we're still waiting. :phhht

So I'll believe it when I see it.
    Can you provide a link to the above information concerning "Brisco County"? A quick look at their TV Shows on DVD list turns up nothing under either the "A" or "B" listing.

Granted this website (www.tvshowsondvd.com) does pass along rumors, but are very careful to label such news as rumor.

However, the information concerning TAR came from "a studio" (their words), which means this isn't just some story they made up.

As for "Brisco", perhaps the people who own its rights intended to release it, but pushed it back or canceled it entirely. That has been known to happen. It happened just recently to "The Nanny" which was supposed to come out this year, but now you will likely never see it on DVD shelfs.

FORT Fogey
    I'm so excited! I didn't get to see season 1 or 2 so I'm excited to see all the people who made the show a success(although, of course not what it is now). They better release them all, I'm going to wear out my TAR5 tapes!

It's especially good news because there are so many people who got into the show during season 4 or later and would love to see season 1. I got into the show before a lot of other people did, but if I can't wait to see a season I've never seen, then you know plenty of others are feeling the same way!

Quote Originally Posted by karen14
    I searched for The Amazing Race on Amazon.com and, of course, it wasnt there but I was promted with an option of being emailed by Amazon when/if it ever becomes availiable so I selected that I did want to be emailed. Amazon had some sort of reply like they would let the appropriate people know of my interest and get back to me if it becomes avail.
    If you're interested, I'd suggest ebay..

FORT Regular
    I wouldn't suggest Ebay. I tried buying a copy of season one on there and got unwatchable tapes for my money. And from what I read elsewhere, I wasn't the only one. Much better to try to get a copy from someone who is a fan of the show.

I know people sell home made tapes of AR but I'd rather wait for the official releases. Quality 'should' be assured that way.

Lee, what do you mean, "unwatchable"?

The only eps I have on tape are one ep of TAR5 and all of TAR6... I can't wait to see all of TAR1!
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

FORT Regular
    I mean that the quality of the tape is terrible -- full of visual and audio static. There's no point in watching it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast