+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has the original Roadblock rule Changed??

FORT Regular

Has the original Roadblock rule Changed??

I know in the first season and i think even in the fifth season you had to choose who was doing the roadblock before opening the clue. Has this changed becuase teams clearly had the clue open before chooseing to do the last roadblock. This might have been a one time thing. But has it changed or will penalties be assessed. It wont really change the outcome because there were only two teams who clearly opened the clue. They were Adam and Rebecca and Kris and Jon and even with penalty it wont change the outcome of being eliminated. And Hayden peeked into the envolope but did not totally open it. I was just wondering if it was changed.

And if you dont believe me watch the tape it clearly shows Rebecca reading the whole clue then saying she will do it, and it shows Kris and Jon deliberating who will do it with the red envolope open.

Just wondering??

I always thought they get a hunt, such as "Whose up for an adventure," they decide, and then open the clue.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    I think it's still the same. This week, they were given the clue 'who's ready to spice up their life' (or something like that.) I'll have to go back and check the tapes to see.

Although with the new RB rule of only doing 6 each, maybe they did change it.

I recall someone (Rebecca, maybe?) making a comment like "I'm eating the spicy soup" before opening the envelop, though I could be remembering wrong.

Regardless, I have gotten the same impression, although I cannot justify it. At the very least, it seems like the teams are able to see others performing the activity before they decide. It seemed like this to me at the hay rolling incident. Correct me if I am wrong, I don't mind! In my opinion, they should make their judgement only from the cryptic clue, and should NOT be able to see those ahead of them. Half the fun is seeing their disappointment when they guess wrong and pick the wrong partner to complete the task!

As an aside (and likely on wrong thread), I think that L&K should have been allowed to continue as long as Lena was willing and able. With all the equalizers and staggered operation hours, they may well have caught up. Conspiricy theories, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by RobC4Me
    I recall someone (Rebecca, maybe?) making a comment like "I'm eating the spicy soup" before opening the envelop, though I could be remembering wrong.
    Like you said, I am guessing somebody told her.

FORT Regular
    No Rebecca read the whole clue like eat a 24 oz bowl of soup before deciding to do it. Hayden peeked inside you can see her doing it, and Kris and Jon had it open before deciding. I am not sure about all other theam i think they were legit. But i was just wondering becuase then why would they have the blurb outside if you can just look inside??
    But you clearly see Kris and Jon, and Adam and Rebecca read the wole task before decideing it used to be you just get a hint and dont totally know before chooseing. Like i said they should get panatlies it wont really matter becuase Gus and Hera i believe were way beind but i would knock Kris and Jon out of second maybe to forth, depends on Hayden and Aaron's time. Adam and Rebecca i think would stay in 5th becuase i also think Fred and Kendra were a ways behind the others.

But maybe the rules did chage if it didnt Kris and Jon, and Adam and Rebecca clearly should get penalties(at least 30 minutes)

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by RobC4Me
    As an aside (and likely on wrong thread), I think that L&K should have been allowed to continue as long as Lena was willing and able. With all the equalizers and staggered operation hours, they may well have caught up. Conspiricy theories, anyone?
    Phil didn't come out to them until all the other teams had checked in. Even if they had kept going they still would have been eliminated. Why make them continue?

Jasmine Trias & Sam Milby NBCDaytimeFan's Avatar
    I think it is really unfair when teams who arrive later at a road block are able to see what other teams are doing before they choose who to do it.

FORT Fan
    I thought I caught Jonathan peeking into it too. My imagination?

Kris and Jon getting a penalty? That's horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by helpmeturnitoff
    Phil didn't come out to them until all the other teams had checked in. Even if they had kept going they still would have been eliminated. Why make them continue?
    You are right. What was I thinking?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast