+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has the original Roadblock rule Changed??

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Genius
    I thought I caught Jonathan peeking into it too. My imagination?

Kris and Jon getting a penalty? That's horrible.
    No he read it and said Victoria. I dont know if that white paper also says what you have to do becuase you see Vic reading that when she says okay, but if the rules have not chaged Kris and Jon and Adam and Rebecca should get panalties it wont cahnge much Gus and Hera would still be eliminated.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by helpmeturnitoff
    Phil didn't come out to them until all the other teams had checked in. Even if they had kept going they still would have been eliminated. Why make them continue?
    They said they were covered in ticks also so they could have gotten sick, so thats could contribute to Phil comming to stop them.

Quote Originally Posted by BRIS01
    No Rebecca read the whole clue like eat a 24 oz bowl of soup before deciding to do it. Hayden peeked inside you can see her doing it, and Kris and Jon had it open before deciding. I am not sure about all other theam i think they were legit. But i was just wondering becuase then why would they have the blurb outside if you can just look inside??
    But you clearly see Kris and Jon, and Adam and Rebecca read the wole task before decideing it used to be you just get a hint and dont totally know before chooseing. Like i said they should get panatlies it wont really matter becuase Gus and Hera i believe were way beind but i would knock Kris and Jon out of second maybe to forth, depends on Hayden and Aaron's time. Adam and Rebecca i think would stay in 5th becuase i also think Fred and Kendra were a ways behind the others.

But maybe the rules did chage if it didnt Kris and Jon, and Adam and Rebecca clearly should get penalties(at least 30 minutes)
    To be honest, IIRC they've been doing that all of this season. It seems to me they knew what the tasks were when they were back at the zipline roadblock, too.

Reality Lite Weight LiteWeightLiz's Avatar
    I think Freddy and Kendra read the task before they decided who would do it, too, didn't they?? I remember Freddy saying something like "I can do this because I love spicy food."
    Quote: "Going cold turkey isn't as delicious as it sounds." -- Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    Like you said, I am guessing somebody told her.
    I am not sure if i'm right, but i do remember Adam and Rebecca passing Kris and Jon after Jon had finished the roadblock and claimed that jon looked sick. Probably at that time, Jon did tell them after all, just a guess
    Well, I was thinking when he said, "king of the jungle," I was, like, "Well, during the first challenge you would still be lost in the jungle if Jim and I hadn't, like, led you out. - Brooke Struck on Judd

Love is like the wind...You can't see it, but you can feel it

Couldn't this possibly be editing? Like they read the little clue and decided, then opened it and then the person doing it confirmed the decision by saying "I'll do it" or "I'm doing it".. I'm sure it's not a big deal..

FORT Newbie
    Yeah i agree with gt...i doubt Kris and Jon would break the rules...they don't seem to be they type that would do such a thing.

Besides, when they cut away from Kris and Jon to introduce the RB, they might cut the part where they finally decided.
    Last edited by SGRacefan; 01-08-2005 at 05:28 AM.

FORT Regular
    okay stop saying it was editing Re-watch the tape!! if you have it.
    Kris and Jon and Adam and Rebecca had the clue open. Fred and Kendra they never showed opening the clue they could have dont it but it was never shown.

And i dont think the rules was changed becuase then why have the blurb if you can just see the whole task. And i am sure this was a one time thing but Kris and Jon clearly had the RB (red) clue open before choosing who to do it that should be a penalty unless it was changed that goes for Adam and Becca too. You see after they open it Jon saying to KRis you need to do more roadblocks" then she says but you can do it" and he does it they already knew what it was.

and this has not happened the whole season becuase at the zip line you saw Adam and Becca saying "we have to decide" and the clue was NOT Open.
    Like i said it might have been a one time thing but they should still get penalized.

But also like i said it would change nothing exept for maybe a few spots because Gus and Hera were way behind. Gus said in a interview those train things were 15 minutes aprat, and they never knew they passed Fred and Kendra they thought they were in the last the whole leg.

Since when is it a requirement to decide who does the task before opening the clue?

Meaning, I can never remember that being the case in other seasons.
    Last edited by Bill; 01-08-2005 at 05:01 PM.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Since when is it a requirement to decide who does the task before opening the clue?

Meaning, I can never remember that being the case in other seasons.
    That has always been the roadblock rule. For the detour you read the whole thing and decide which one to do, and you can switch if you don't like your choice. With the roadblock, the chosen person must complete the task.

I too think this is an editing issue. Jon is pulling the additional sheet out of the envelope before they show them having made a final decision, but they do not show them looking at it when they decide. I think they made the decision then read the specific instructions. With Adam & Rebecca, I think the editors didn't show when they made their initial decision, but just when they asked Jon about it after Rebecca had already decided to do it.

That's the way I see it anyway.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast