+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TAR Ratings: Season 6 vs. other seasons

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    I'd bet that the ratings spike has more to do with the Emmy wins, more promotion and word of mouth than the models/actors. I think most people find teams with personality more interesting than looks alone. Sometimes we luck out and they have both.
    I think it has to due with the good casting. Like CHARLA and MIRNA beofre the show they created alot of buzz about them that made people watch, and the new people that watched to see them said hey this show is good i will keep watching. And then AR5 ended up with the best season ending ever. So AR5 five has a lot to do with it. I am pre-dicting after this season, AR7 ratings will FALL becuase of all the models/actors left. Amercia really does not cling to them and would rather them not be on. The only way i see ratings not droping is if Kris and Jon win or they wont drop as much.
    We all know AR's ratings died after Flo won and took a while to recover. so yea thats all i am saying.

FORT Fogey
    Just because there's actors/models around doesn't mean people won't watch. Flo was hatable. No one left is really as hatable. Ok, some would argue Kendra is or perhaps Rebecca, but neither come close to the levels of disgust(to me) that we all felt when Flo won. Of course, she had a good partner, so it sort of balanced it out. The ratings would've plummeted had the evil one and Victoria won.

FORT Fan

TAR Sets Season High Ratings?

Ratings for January 25, 2005...

Preliminary viewership numbers are in for Episode 11 (or Leg 9) of TAR6...

Given the absence of Fox powerhouse "American Idol", CBS's "Amazing Race 6" drew approximately 12 million viewers, which would surpass the season high numbers posted by season premiere (11.8 million) back in November 2004.

That 12 million mark would easily make Leg 9 of TAR6 the highest rated Leg 9 episode in TAR history - easily beating the 10 million achieved by the previous season, TAR5.

Despite the possibly historic night for TAR, it still wasn't enough for it to win its time slot. That honor went to freshman Fox drama "House", which drew 12.6 million viewers (helped out by lead-in "Idol" which drew 27.7 million viewers).

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jpoliver
    Ratings for January 25, 2005...

Preliminary viewership numbers are in for Episode 11 (or Leg 9) of TAR6...

Given the absence of Fox powerhouse "American Idol", CBS's "Amazing Race 6" drew approximately 12 million viewers, which would surpass the season high numbers posted by season premiere (11.8 million) back in November 2004.

That 12 million mark would easily make Leg 9 of TAR6 the highest rated Leg 9 episode in TAR history - easily beating the 10 million achieved by the previous season, TAR5.

Despite the possibly historic night for TAR, it still wasn't enough for it to win its time slot. That honor went to freshman Fox drama "House", which drew 12.6 million viewers (helped out by lead-in "Idol" which drew 27.7 million viewers).
    Nice to see a show where the ratings average higher every season.

FORT Fan
    The viewership numbers are in for TAR6's penultimate episode (Feb. 1):

12.01 million viewers watched the top 4 teams navigate their way around Shanghai, China.

That is the 2nd highest next-to-last episode, roughly 1 million viewers less than the same episode of TAR5.

As far the ratings for the finale go, three seasons (TAR2, TAR3, & TAR5) have seen ratings on par with the previous week. While the other two seasons (TAR1 & TAR4) each saw increases from the penultimate episode to the finale. TAR1's finale averaged close to 14 million viewers, an increase of nearly 5 million viewers from the previous weeks episode. TAR4's finale was watched by nearly 10 million viewers, almost 1 million more than the previous week.

Here's a look at the finale episode viewership (approx.):

TAR1: 13.8 million (highest rated TAR episode ever!)
    TAR2: 11.2 million
    TAR3: 11.0 million
    TAR4: 10.0 million
    TAR5: 12.9 million

Even if TAR6's finale repeats this week's number (12.01 million), that will put it in 3rd place.

The good news for CBS and TAR fans is that even if TAR6 cannot top TAR1 or TAR5's finale numbers, the number of people watching this season has been remarkably stable, falling between 11-12 million each week not including a holiday or Fox's "American Idol" as competition.

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar
    Thanks for the info.

I think you are understating the significance of TAR6's recent performance. The last official final weekly numbers are for Leg 10 (Jan 25), with 12.029 million.

That is the FIFTH MOST WATCHED TAR EPISODE EVER! Finales for TAR1 and TAR5 beat it, and so do Leg2 and Leg3 of TAR2 (those are the infamous "Survivor"-boosted episodes). So, this was the highest, non-finale, non-"Survivor"-boosted episode EVER.

As far as how finales perform compared to episodes immediately preceding them -- we have to look back no farther than TAR5. Leg10 to Leg11 viewers went down 5% (500k), but the finale (Leg12+13) shot way back up to 2 million more than Leg10.

I look for TAR6 finale to top 13.0m and surpass TAR5's finale. But, even if it "only" gets 12.0m, this season of TAR6 has been a big success.

I've updated my TAR charts (http://home.kc.rr.com/arfun/tar) once again, through the Jan 25 show.

If you're new to my charts, you can ignore these changes below.......

* Before, I used only the primary "rainbow" colors for the various seasons -- red(1), orange, yellow, green, blue, purple(6). Now that we're going to get (many) more seasons I needed to adjust my colors. I'm still basically following the rainbow pattern, but just mixing in some other colors too like pink (after red), gold (between orange and yellow), etc.

* My mistake earlier in TAR6, when I considered the two "to be continued" episodes to be one Leg ----- has been corrected. Now, I correctly consider each of those two episodes a different Leg (6 and 7). Sure there wasn't a PitStop (unless you count Phil on the laptop computer screen), but there were two sets of tasks. It was essentially a non-elim (without PitStop), followed by elim. Anyway, fixed. The special clip show is still not included.

ENJOY!
    There are three cigars in the humidor --- My yo-yo has no string --- Isn't that rather misshapen?
    It's supposed to bend that way, I'm Italian! --- I bring new meaning to the phrase 'Blown out of proportion'! --- My puzzle has one piece missing

Thanks, TAR4 ATC Dave and TAR4 ATCSteve!

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    This analysis is so interesting! Thanks for keeping us up to date. I'm looking forward to the finale, but not the end of the show

FORT Regular
    I think it's interesting how the ratings have gone up since J-hole's elimination. Coincidence? I'd like to think not.

My take on this is due to the high ratings earlier in the season, more people are jumping ship and or they want to watch a few episodes before the finale. None-the-less, I have a feeling the finale next week will be big, no matter the competiton.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast