+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TAR Ratings: Season 6 vs. other seasons

AMEN CantGetEnufTAR!!!!

On so many counts- good to have Gus up there, and let TAR put the REAL back in Reality TV.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

FORT Fogey
    That was what was so good about TAR5, I think. People complain about all the models but who was a model? Brandon. Who else? Nicole? She wasn't really a model, she's an actress. Everyone else wasn't a model at all. Plus, the variety in contestants was great and no alpha males...first time ever...what a refreshing change.

I wish they would get that memo about what was so awesome about the TAR5 teams. I may have disliked Mirna immensely, but she was really entertaining, and the Mirna vs. Colin thing was great TV. Plus, watching C&M get eliminated was awesome!

I like all but one team this season, but they're all like teams. I don't love any of the teams, not even Kris & Jon.

Despite what I said, I'm very happy that the ratings are doing well. It means we'll have TAR for many more seasons. But I hope they don't think THIS is what we want and cast all these disfunctional teams every season from now on.

I wonder how it would work out if they signed up individual contestants and during an initial competition paired them up together. The sparks would probably fly all the time.

FORT Regular
    i dont think AI will have a huge effect on AR. All real little kids watch that (people who dont watch AR) So i think it might take a little dip for the first epsidoe and then come back becuase AR is just a better show and i am confidant the American people will realize that.

FORT Fogey
    Um, actually, plenty of adults watch AI. I'm 19 and I watch AI but I'd chose TAR over AI. Plenty of kids watch TAR. And AI gets great ratings so I think it's safe to say we're all a little nervous about what type of ratings it will get.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Cutie
    That was what was so good about TAR5, I think. People complain about all the models but who was a model? Brandon. Who else? Nicole? She wasn't really a model, she's an actress. Everyone else wasn't a model at all. Plus, the variety in contestants was great and no alpha males...first time ever...what a refreshing change.

I wish they would get that memo about what was so awesome about the TAR5 teams. I may have disliked Mirna immensely, but she was really entertaining, and the Mirna vs. Colin thing was great TV.
    That's just it. Nicole & Brandon were the models/actors (or actress, in Nicole's case.) Chip was a former actor, and Christie was a former actress, and while I believe she said she wanted to pursue it again, she was doing something different with her life that point. TAR5 had one of the best casts, and I also think one of the more diverse and "real." Pretty big improvement over TAR4, imo. One thing I've always like about TAR is that a lot of the contestants, regardless of what they do (or did) for a living, seem less camera conscious and more into the experience than on other reality shows. As for the Mirna & Colin thing, that's the first time TAR ever had a real feud like that, but I will say it got old by the time M&C were eliminated.

Plus, watching C&M get eliminated was awesome!
    Not to me

I like all but one team this season, but they're all like teams. I don't love any of the teams, not even Kris & Jon.
    There's no team this season that I'm really rooting for or really rooting against. I don't like Hayden & Aaron (mostly Hayden) but I won't be screaming it's the end of the world if they cross the finish line first, as I've done in the past (Flo immediately comes to mind.) I'd love to see Kris & Jon or Lori & Bolo win the whole thing, but right now, I'd be happy with any team that won.

FORT Fan
    The good news is TAR and Idol are shown on different days in my country. I hope are not strayed away from TAR.
    Thank god TAR will end b4 the final 12 showdown.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Genius
    The good news is TAR and Idol are shown on different days in my country. I hope are not strayed away from TAR.
    Thank god TAR will end b4 the final 12 showdown.
    Here in the United States, "American Idol" will only be an occasional nuisance for "Amazing Race". AI will usually air for only an hour beginning at 8:00 p.m. (Eastern time) followed by the drama series "House" at 9:00 p.m. - which will be TAR's main competition.

While AI airs for 2 hours on January 19th, it will mostly be contained to the one hour, at least during the few weeks that TAR has left.

FORT Fan
    It seems the latest episode of TAR6 (1/18/05) exceeded the expectations set by CantGetEnufTar in his above post.

The episode, airing against the last half of a special two-hour "American Idol" premiere on Fox (which averaged 33 million preliminary viewers), TAR6 held up reasonably well, finishing an obviously distant 2nd place in viewership. Preliminary results give TAR6's viewership at 10.46 million people for Episode 10 (or Leg 8). That leaves Leg 8 pretty much even with the viewereship levels for the same Leg in TAR5 last Summer.

That ties the clip show of Dec. 28, 2004 as the lowest rated episode of TAR6 to date. However, luckily for CBS, "American Idol" will not be regular competition, instead the medical drama "House" will be.

Here is an updated listing (by episode) of viewership levels for TAR6:

Episode 1: (Nov. 16; two hours) 11.8 million viewers
    Episode 2: (Nov. 23) 11.4 million
    Episode 3: (Nov. 30) 11.8 million
    Episode 4: (Dec. 7) 11.6 million
    Episode 5: (Dec. 14) 10.5 million
    Episode 6: (Dec. 21; aired at 8:00 p.m.) 10.7 million
    Episode 7: (Dec. 28; clip show) 10.4 million
    Episode 8: (Jan. 4) 10.6 million
    Episode 9: (Jan. 11) 11.3 million
    Episode 10: (Jan. 18) 10.4 million

By the way, according to CBS there are 4 episode left. The two-hour season finale will air on February 8th.

I'd bet that the ratings spike has more to do with the Emmy wins, more promotion and word of mouth than the models/actors. I think most people find teams with personality more interesting than looks alone. Sometimes we luck out and they have both.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast