+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What actually happened with the gate at the Railroad Museum?

Yeah, something was telling me when I watched it that Freddy was overreacting.
    I particularly loved Lori and Bolo's smack talking in the CBS.com insider videos. Classic!

FORT Regular
    I am going out on a limb becuase gates dont just fall back down and it was a malfunction i am going to say one of the leading team pushed the gate up hard and made it bounce back down becuase i went up really fast. It was prolly Lori because Gates dont just fall back down. But i do think he over-reacted he should have been a girl like Hera and not complain.
    But i also think Lori and Bolo got a smirky additude that they were in first that could have also contributed to his anger. They were hours behind and should have gotten marker 7 becuase had they got there markers at night he would have had marker one. I would have gotten annoyed at that too. Lori and Bolo used to be one of my favoites now i hate them with the after all we were put threw additude. I think they meant that they sucked this leg and were lucky we got a break but we should have been eliminated legs ago.

Quote Originally Posted by KMK0902
    I think he realized later what a moron he'd been, a little to late though :rolleyes
    Seriously.

Freddy was probably afraid that he hurt his "pretty face" (although I feel Jon is far hotter) and would mark an end to his modeling career.

Quote Originally Posted by BRIS01
    I am going out on a limb becuase gates dont just fall back down and it was a malfunction i am going to say one of the leading team pushed the gate up hard and made it bounce back down becuase i went up really fast. It was prolly Lori because Gates dont just fall back down. But i do think he over-reacted he should have been a girl like Hera and not complain.
    You have 11 people in front of the gate, and 3 people behind the gate and yet you single out Lori to blame?????

Whatever the situation, it didnt look like anyone INTENTIONALLY pulled the gate back down, as Freddy was accusing them of doing. The gate was intended to raise to a certain height and the racers had pushed it up beyond that height and when they let it go it bounced back down towards where it was supposed to have been. To blame it on one person is impossible.

Gates DO just fall back down.

My mom and me were talking about this forever, and we both agreed (even though we didn't replay it. but I do have it on tape) that no one did it to him. The gate just bounced back. And if you're tall, you might have needed to duck.

My favorite part was when Bolo was making fun of him : "You messed up my face! You messed up my face!" or something like that.
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

Judging from the reactions of everyone there when Freddy lost it, and because so many people taped it and watched it frame by frame, I think it was a gate malfunction. I also think Lori/Bolo deserved to be first through, because they were the only ones that made the decision to stay at the gate. Everyone else got a hotel room.
    Absolutely loved Bolo's video.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar
    "Owww, my nose... Owww, my nose... Owww, my nose..."
    Passing over to the Dark Side

FORT Newbie
    I am going out on a limb becuase gates dont just fall back down and it was a malfunction i am going to say one of the leading team pushed the gate up hard and made it bounce back down becuase i went up really fast. It was prolly Lori because Gates dont just fall back down.
    like everyone else said, anyone wouldn't intentionally hurt anyone... i mean duh! they were racing to get the number, they were racing to be the first one to get the numbers why would they think of hurting somebody else especially those in the back???????

it's just not right to accuse anyone.... i do understand why lori got upset to why freddy is looking at them... i mean if im lori, i would have been pissed as well ... any ppl wont like to be accused WRONGLY! but bolo and lori's attitude regarding it is cute actually since they just joked abt it... and i still admire them both

Quote Originally Posted by BRIS01
    It was prolly Lori because Gates dont just fall back down.
    Lori and Bolo used to be one of my favoites now i hate them with the after all we were put threw additude.
    You have no evidence, so you go out on a limb and accuse someone you hate? As has been discussed elsewhere, the law of gravity says that gates do fall down.

My husband and I replayed this in slow motion several times and can't tell if anybody pulled the gate back down, but what I thought was funny is that when the gate comes crashing down on Hera, Freddy sticks his hands out in front of him, looks over at her, and then because he's not looking at the gate in front of him, he RUNS INTO THE GATE WITH HIS HEAD! It didn't crash down on him, he crashed into it....
    Science is organized knowledge. Wisdom is organized life. -- Immanuel Kant

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast