+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435

Thread: 01/04 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BRIS01
    One first place, and one second place they can thank bunching. And like i said if they get eliminated it will have no effect accept that a nice face will be missing.

I know i should go to another board about me thinking they are boring because Kris and Jon are loved here. But i don't hate them i just think they are boring.

And in other words even if they win they wont get casted for a All Star because they are boring. Teams that did horrible would probably get casted before them aka Nancy and Emily
    Doing good in placing does not make them good for TV.
    I think it's fine that you think their boring, but I think your wrong in the statement that they won't be missed if they get eliminated.

1. Nice does not equal boring. Sure they don't bring drama and they probably have the least about of sound-bytes, but I think they represent what this show is all about: strengthening relationships while seeing the world.

2. The consistently high placing proves that their good racers in my book. Kris's map reading skills means they can get to the destinations easily, and they have excelled at all tasks. They didn't do well because of the bunching, they did well DESPITE the bunching.

3. You don't have the leave this board just because we don't agree with you. Everyone's allowed a difference in opinion. Because their the most popular couple still competing, going to another board will probably be a fruitless endeavor, cause most people feel the same way about this couple as we do.

I think Kris and Jon are the least boring team in the race. They constantly crack me up with their comments. The stuff they did with the broken car in Hungary was some of the funniest TAR moments yet.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    I think Kris and Jon are the least boring team in the race. They constantly crack me up with their comments. The stuff they did with the broken car in Hungary was some of the funniest TAR moments yet.
    I agree. Being nice doesn't preclude being entertaining. I only wish the editors would show more of their humourous and entertaining moments instead of leaving many of them out (ie the Flintstones car moment, the oil spill incident and the swimming with African children episode - all of which were not shown during regular broadcasts but, rather, were relegated to the clips episode).

I really think they should show more of them, but then again, maybe this is a winner's edit!
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    They are good racers, they are intelligent people who have wit, compassion, and an appreciation of what they are experiencing.

Personally, I would find TAR6 a lot more entertaining if moree footage of Kris and Jon were shown.

And in other words even if they win they wont get casted for a All Star becuase they are boring. Teams that did horrible would prolly get casted before them aka Nancy and Emily
    Doing good in placeing does not make them good for tv.
    If there were to be an "All Stars" show, the producers would most likely include some contestants for drama, say, Colin and Kristy or Will, and some lovable fan favourites, like Kris and Jon (If you are familiar with Survivor All Stars, that is what they did). For you, they are boring. As you have heard, for a great many viewers, they are a fun to watch couple.

And in other words even if they win they wont get casted for a All Star becuase they are boring. Teams that did horrible would prolly get casted before them aka Nancy and Emily
    Sorry- I just have to do this. It's probably, not prolly.

FORT Fan
    And in other words even if they win they wont get casted for a All Star becuase they [Kris & Jon] are boring. Teams that did horrible would prolly get casted before them aka Nancy and Emily

Personally, I would find it difficult to accept that CBS would ever allow producers of "Amazing Race" to cast an All-Star season considering the critical drubbing that the recent "Survivor: All-Stars" took.

For me, a fan of "Survivor" since day one back in Summer 2000, that "All-Star" season was one of the worst to date (not THE worst, that honor still belongs to "Survivor: Africa").

With the memories of that season fresh in the minds of Les Moonves and Co., CBS will most likely put the brakes on any "All-Star" season for TAR.

Of course, stranger things have happened...

+ Reply to Thread