+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TAR ratings question

FORT Fan

TAR ratings question

Where could I find the ratings by episode & season of TAR? I know some sites that are pay sites might keep that info. I am just wondering how much TAR's ratings have been going up since the first season. I noticed that "Bachelor" and "Apprentice" started strong and are on the way down to the ratings dumpster. "Survivor" holds about 19 million per week but this last season it has been slipping a little. I think the delay in S10 is more to keep people from getting sick of it like they did of "Millionaire." But as a general rule TAR just slowly works up the ladder. "Friends" started that way - nobody watched the first year.
    Debbie: "Bianca, why would those rugby players have to eat each other when they crashed on a beach?"

FORT Regular
    I dont know a sight but i believe it has stayed over 11 million viewers exept the past two episode that were somewhere with 10 million viewers.

FORT Fan
    A fan has developed a website dealing with the individual ratings for each season of "Amazing Race". The address is...

www.home.kc.rr.com/arfun/tar

However, ratings information for season 6 is not yet posted, but information about the previous five seasons are available.

Also, you may be thinking of a different comedy series. "Friends" was a hit from the first time it aired, back in September 1994. During its first season, the series was ranked at No. 8 (along with CBS's defunct "Murder, She Wrote"), and was NBC's third most popular series, behind "Seinfeld" and "ER".

Perhaps you are thinking of "Seinfeld", instead of "Friends". "Seinfeld", which first aired in May 1990 didn't appear in the Nielsen Top 10 until the end of the 1993-94 season when it soared to No. 3 (thanks to airing post-"Cheers"). By the way, "Seinfeld" never left the top 3 for the rest of its run (ending in May 1998), as it was ranked either 1st or 2nd from September 1994 to May 1998.

FORT Fan
    You are right about getting Friends and Seinfeld mixed up. I never was a big Seinfeld fan for some reason.

I could not get the above link to work .
    Debbie: "Bianca, why would those rugby players have to eat each other when they crashed on a beach?"

FORT Fan
    The website shouldn't have "www" in front of it.

This link should work...

home.kc.rr.com/arfun/tar

I would be that "fan" (some would say fanatic), and here is a link to my TAR charts webpages

http://home.kc.rr.com/arfun/tar

Most charts are currently updated through TAR6, Leg6a.

Enjoy!

I'll try to stay more on top of updating the charts.
    There are three cigars in the humidor --- My yo-yo has no string --- Isn't that rather misshapen?
    It's supposed to bend that way, I'm Italian! --- I bring new meaning to the phrase 'Blown out of proportion'! --- My puzzle has one piece missing

Thanks, TAR4 ATC Dave and TAR4 ATCSteve!

+ Reply to Thread