+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Recap Recap ~ 12-28

The Recap Recap ~ 12-28

I honestly wasn’t going to recap the clip show. I sat down to watch figuring we really wouldn’t see that many new scenes that would be worth anything.

I was pretty much right, but decided to recap it anyway. This is how bored I am. Plus I get to bag on Jonathon a little more.

I guess I’ll try to keep to the format somewhat in the form we’ve become accustomed to.

I’ve decided to only give the new scenes, the things we didn’t get to see the first go round, meaning of course, that this will be a pretty short article. Sometimes smaller is better… or at least a quicker read.

Episode 1

We get to see Jon be nice… in an obnoxious way. He found a clue on the ground and was “nice” enough to return it to the rightful owners… I think it was Freddy and Kendra, although it may have been Hayden and Aaron.

Bolo thought it would be a good strategy to pretend he had Cerebral Palsy. He almost tried to make it sound as though he was paying tribute to his “Many” friends who have it. He limped through the airport trying to get people to feel sorry for him and let him and Lori ahead. Hayden figured it would come back to bite him in the butt later. Interesting how he’s now sleeping outside of a train station while all other teams are 10 hours ahead. Hmmmmm.

Lori gave Rebecca wrestling lessons.

Jon was a jackass and he and Victoria argued.

Jon and Kris laughed.

Episode 2

Remember Meredith and Maria? Remember when they couldn’t drive the manual transmission car? (I have to think that if they couldn’t get that car moving they’d have had a hell of a time with the trebbants last week)… anyway, turns out Kris helped them get the car out of the way when they were causing a big ol’ traffic jam.

Jonathon obnoxiously gives us all advice on how to run the race, he some how manages to come off as a jackass. Imagine that! He’s not only rude and obnoxious, but also an egomaniac. Emphasis on the maniac.

Lena and Kristi sleep with bugs, a fact that Kristi only learns the next morning.

We then get a musical montage of roller ski falls… there were even more than I could have imagined.

Episode 3

Rebecca flirts for a sandwich on the train, and when she gets it Adam is so upset about it that he refuses to take a bite. Always the martyr that guy.

Jonathon was a jackass at the ice bar and decided to jump on the ice sculpture of a bull. In the process he broke it’s horns and tail.

Freddy and Kendra argue over money and how to spend it.

Kris and Jon are cute.

Episode 4

Kendra complains some more about money and how to spend it.

Adam and Rebecca butcher the French language. “Parloo vice Francy?” “Porlack Voos Frenchy?” Parock JKHliuuierhf H:KJHFseie?”

Kris and Jon are respectful, thoughtful and cute while in Africa.

I shiver again when the clip of Jonathon giving out candy is shown and the two of them talk about him being a good father.

Bolo argues with locals over money.

Jonathon is mad because… and he says it over and over… the President of Synagogue is blocking traffic. I didn’t realize there was a large Jewish population in Africa.

Jonathon tries to talk the Ferry guy into not allowing Lori and Bolo on the ferry. I am pretty sure the guy agreed, then walked away laughing letting Lori and Bolo on the boat.

Episode 5

This is when Jonathon made a friend of a local. It turns out the local man agreed to help Jonathon if in return Jonathon would do him a favor and read his book/movie. When the man tells Jonathon what it’s about it is obvious Jon wasn’t listening as he thought it was about a dog, ,when it’s really about the qualities we as humans share, and the struggles of a young girl who leaves, never to return. A dog Jonathon? Really?

Adam wants to mess with Jonathon on the train but Rebecca won’t let him prompting Adam to complain that she won’t let him have any fun. Now in Rebecca’s defense I may have acted the same way she did, just wanting to ignore Jonathon, but I really wish she would have let Adam mess with him. Maybe in a future episode.

Hayden shares her wall ignorance with us.

Gus shares his beer knowledge with us.

Episode 6

We get a little bit of fun at the Bungee Launch Roadblock. Adam and Bolo have fun giving Rebecca a hard time, ,and Bolo attempts a wimpy-lispy-voice when agreeing with Adam that he (Bolo) was too wimpy to try the stunt..

We get to see the Trebbants again, and learn that to gas them up you need to open the hood and pour in the gas almost like you would oil to the cars we’re used to. We see Jon (the nice one) try to fill the tank, but when he opens it he’s sprayed with gas and or oil, I couldn’t tell. He and Kris laugh and he changes clothes in the parking lot. Later they have car problems and we see Jon with one leg out of the car pushing it along as Kris sings “The Flintstones” theme. They both laugh about this for a while in the car.

More of Jonathon being a Jackass.

Hayden and Aaron arguing, then making up.

More of Adam and Rebecca arguing then making up.

One last shot of how the show ended last week. Everyone but Lori and Bolo at the Internet Café, and the aforementioned Lori and Bolo sleeping in the rain at the train station.

Yep, that’s about it!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Cali, you actually recapped this?? I wasn't paying much attention to it when it aired, so God bless you!
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

As usual that was great. I'm glad that you decided to recap it. I don't know how you manage to catch so many details.

Quote Originally Posted by cali
    Jonathon obnoxiously gives us all advice on how to run the race, he some how manages to come off as a jackass. Imagine that! He’s not only rude and obnoxious, but also an egomaniac. Emphasis on the maniac.
    cali. Thanks for the recap. And the extra chance for ALL of us to bag on Jonathan yet again.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Thanks for the recap, cali. I was pleasantly surprised at how much new footage there actually was.
    Later they have car problems and we see Jon with one leg out of the car pushing it along as Kris sings “The Flintstones” theme. They both laugh about this for a while in the car.
    Their laughter was contagious. Everyone at my house was laughing right along with them. Great scene.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Woot! A bonus Calicap!

"George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

High fives all around for an extra Calicap. It's a nice way to stay ready for next week. Thanks Cali!
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Great job, Cali. I am now a huge fan of Kris and Jon. I was so focused on the jerks (Jonathon and Kendra) that I did not notice how nice they are. If Gus and Hera do not win, I hope Kris and Jon do.

I absolutely love Kris and Jon. They really seem to have a great time. I understand that the producers feel that the tension and nastiness will draw in viewers, but honestly I'd like to see and hear more of Kris and Jon. The Flinstones scene was just fun, and that's needed when so much time is spent on the nastiness of some of the others.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

CCL
    I absolutely love Kris and Jon. They really seem to have a great time. I understand that the producers feel that the tension and nastiness will draw in viewers, but honestly I'd like to see and hear more of Kris and Jon. The Flinstones scene was just fun, and that's needed when so much time is spent on the nastiness of some of the others.
    Exactly. And why do they presume that we, the audience, are most (only?) interested in the arguments/nasty bits? The ads they ran this year said the show involved the contestants learning about their relationships with eachother. Did they only learn during the yelling bits? More levity please!

Another great recap, Cali!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast