+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Why are they all on same flights TAR6?

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by karalott
    I think picking flights kind of shows what kind of racers they can be. I think of Peggy & Claire in TAR2 when they were trying to get to South Africa. Every other team got a connection through Europe from Brazil, but those 2 went to NY first, then London, and finally South Africa. They ended up a day and a half behind everyone else. It was because their flight was delayed, but I don't think they had a prayer anyway once they booked it through NY. They had to extend the PS for the rest of the racers as a result. I wasn't sorry to see them go, but they might have had a chance had they gotten a better flight. Then there was Colin & Christie last year. Though airports were their strong point it seemed, the time in Egypt when they settled for the Swiss Air flight before getting on Gulf Air.

But I don't know if it's the producers fault about the bunching, airports, flights, etc. Since they've gone to a different country each episode this season, it seems kind of hard to break away from the group and really get a good lead.

actaully Peg and claire missed the flight in London. HAd they got on they would have not gotten eliminated. they would have arrived ahead of Cindi and Russle and the Boston Boys. Cindi and Russle would have gotten eliminated sooner than later.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by BRIS01
    actaully Peg and claire missed the flight in London. HAd they got on they would have not gotten eliminated. they would have arrived ahead of Cindi and Russle and the Boston Boys. Cindi and Russle would have gotten eliminated sooner than later.
    I don't know for sure, but I don't think they had a chance to catch up. I'm not sure what times Cyndi & Russell and Chris & Alex's flights finally got to South Africa, but I still think Peggy & Claire would have been behind. Regardless, I'm glad they were finally eliminated. They stuck around three episodes too many, imo. And two teams that I loved got eliminated before them.

FORT Regular
    No they said in a interview (on the early show) had they made the flight they would not have been eliminated.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    And before that they blamed Blake & Paige for them getting eliminated because their alarm clock didn't go off, and they accused Blake of turning it off (pretty stupid arguement, since they all got caught up at the airport, and they were the ones who decided to go to NY first instead of getting just a European connection like everyone else.) As I said, whatever the reason, I was just glad to see them go.

FORT Regular
    oh i thought they were nice. I honestly didnt like blake and Paige. i am a Tara and Will fan prolly one of the only ones.

FORT Fan
    I'm also a Tara/Wil fan. It seems v. difficult to find such fans. I did like Blake/Paige a little. Peggy/Claire, wished they did better and gone further, but was good they were eliminated.

Quote Originally Posted by NCDave
    I hate the scrambles for flights. For some episodes in past series almost half of the show consisted of racers standing at ticket counters asking about flights. There have been too many eliminations because of bad flight schedules. I'd rather see less of the racers at airports and more of them spending time traveling the countryside and doing roadblocks and detours.

You totally said it. I HATE it when the first half-hour is spent in an airport. It gets old.

I know it really is one of the big strategy points, fanagling one's way onto flights. I LOVED watching Gus & Hera get on the flight out of Berlin before Jonathan and Victoria this last episode. That travel agent was a brilliant move.

I don't think the producers control if all the teams get on the same flights. I'd guess these racers have by now all seen enough previous seasons to know that getting on the earliest-landing flights is CRUCIAL to remaining in the game, and they're not letting each other slip by.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

Hi there. Havn't post here for a long time due to NZ airing the show 2 weeks behind you guys.

For TAR2, Peggy and Claire missed their flight to Johannesburg. Even if they did made that flight, they would still get philiminated. How long is it from NY to London? About 8 hours? That's how much they lost there, getting to London.

For this season, is a good thing they get on the same flights because there would be less airport scenes. I love airport scenes though, I like it when the editors gives a clear explanation of where the teams would be on which flight so that we can know what their placings are when they get to their destination. However they are scenes that are unnesscerily, for example showing them getting their boarding passes. Sometimes they are needs when half the show are spent on airports, like TAR4's Episode 8 when they went to Kota Kinabalu, every team took different routes and it would be difficult to catch what was going on. However they are also some episodes which spent way too long unnesscerily airport scenes, like TAR5's Episode 4. I wouild prefer seeing more of St. Petersburg then Charla and Mirna begging for seats that aren't even available.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by karalott
    I take back what I said of them not having control over the hours of operation sites. When it comes to famous tourist attractions and stores, I can see those having there own set of hours for anyone. But last night really, really sucked. I've noticed that some of the teams are leaving the PS within a minute of each other. I was happy to see that they got on different flights for a change. But what does that matter? This might have been the producers attempt to at least give Lori & Bolo a chance to catch up and not give some of the teams a huge lead, but the hours of operation is getting old. Even if Freddy & Kendra were in and out of the internet cafe before the other teams got there, they probably would have only had about an hour or two hour lead on the teams that came in on the train behind them. And that lead would have probably been gone by the next leg.
    I dont think they had a HUGE lead but it did let teams that screwed up cathc up alot of time (Kris and Jon/Hayden and Aaron/Adam and Rebecca)
    Because Kendra said they had three hours to waste
    Then Hera said they had 2 and half hours
    I am going to say Kendra had more then three hours and they were prolly like 45 minutes ahead.
    But Gus and Hera and Jon and Victoria would be in there own group prolly a hour or two ahead of the Jon and Kris and Hayden and Aaron
    Then Adam and Rebecca got there right before it opened i think so they were way behind.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234