+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why are they all on same flights TAR6?

i agree the amount of bunching this season is absurd. when it's coincidental i don't care, but when it's forced by operation hours, etc, i really feel it's unfair. like
    last week at the 8:30am slave museum. what's the point of hauling butt to get an early arrival time only to be equalized?
    i also think we're seeing less airport footage in general and that may have to do with the perception that it isn't "high drama" enough. shows like "the soup" on E, were making fun of the TAR scenes in airports with dramatic music and the old "dun, dun, dun" quality. maybe the editors wanted to avoid criticism like that.

>>[bunchin] creates even more drama<<

I disagree. I think bunching TAKES AWAY from the drama, if anything. I am no longer on the edge of my seat in the airport scenes, or during the races to the tasks because I know that the teams will all be on the same flight, will all have to wait to do a task because of hours of operation, etc. etc.

A certain amount of bunching is necessary, otherwise the strong teams will get so far ahead no one can catch up. However, what always made it so great in the past was that we never knew WHEN the bunching would happen. Such as when Colin/Christie used the FF and then got bunched and had to wait. Other times, teams used FF's and didn't get bunched. It was a crapshoot, before. And that's what made it fun -- watching the teams decide to gamble, "Should we take XYZ flight? It gets in a half hour earlier, but it has a layover..."

They've removed a lot of fun from the game.

FORT Fan
    Well, they got on 3 different flights this time round.

But, whats up with the bunching up at the internet cafe now! That must really stink for Freddy&Kendra.

Quote Originally Posted by johannaauthor
    >>[bunchin] creates even more drama<<

I disagree. I think bunching TAKES AWAY from the drama, if anything. I am no longer on the edge of my seat in the airport scenes, or during the races to the tasks because I know that the teams will all be on the same flight, will all have to wait to do a task because of hours of operation, etc. etc.

A certain amount of bunching is necessary, otherwise the strong teams will get so far ahead no one can catch up. However, what always made it so great in the past was that we never knew WHEN the bunching would happen.
    I'm saying that bunching does indeed create drama...and it worked perfectly in previous seasons. This season, it does decrease the drama. There's just too much. But if they went back to their previous amounts of bunching, the drama would increase again.

Yes, I totally agree. In previous seasons they had the amount of bunching just right.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    It used to be exciting and/or a "omg, after ALL THAT RUNNING and worrying..it's not open" moment before. But now it's not as exciting.. it's happening so much, it's a "oh well, they're all gonna catch up again", moment.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by xtremist
    Well, they got on 3 different flights this time round.

But, whats up with the bunching up at the internet cafe now! That must really stink for Freddy&Kendra.
    I take back what I said of them not having control over the hours of operation sites. When it comes to famous tourist attractions and stores, I can see those having there own set of hours for anyone. But last night really, really sucked. I've noticed that some of the teams are leaving the PS within a minute of each other. I was happy to see that they got on different flights for a change. But what does that matter? This might have been the producers attempt to at least give Lori & Bolo a chance to catch up and not give some of the teams a huge lead, but the hours of operation is getting old. Even if Freddy & Kendra were in and out of the internet cafe before the other teams got there, they probably would have only had about an hour or two hour lead on the teams that came in on the train behind them. And that lead would have probably been gone by the next leg.

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar
    I always thought that cash incentives would be a good reward for coming in first in places that are closed due hours of operation. That way the team could use the money for taxi's or small luxuries.

Quote Originally Posted by quangtran
    I always thought that cash incentives would be a good reward for coming in first in places that are closed due hours of operation. That way the team could use the money for taxi's or small luxuries.

I love that idea ... give them something for being first before it's taken away.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I agree about the cash incentives...something.

I mean, how crappy was it that the internet cafe didn't open until 10 p.m.? They could have definitely had them go to a cafe that was open during the day, no problem.

I was really pleased about the flights, though. The problem is, this is turning into a foot race every time. Teams like Gus/Hera and Don/Mary Jean don't have much of a chance against people like Freddy and Kendra.

The same teams keep coming in first (Hayden/Aaron and Kris/Jon).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast