+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Roadblock limits?

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetEnufTAR
    But, as others have said, I think the change went a tiny bit too far. They've forced the winners to have each person perform 6 RBs.

You can't have the rule stated as minimum, because not all Teams get to the same number of RBs. I would've preferred a rule that didn't allow one member to do more than twice the number of RBs that the other member has done. It would still force Teams to spread the RB love around. For example, it would allow Teams that make it through the 9th leg to have one person that has done as many as 5 (but not 6) of their 8 RBs. A Team that makes it to the end (12 RBs) could have one person that has done as many as 8 RBs.

I give them A for making the change. I give them a B for the details.
    I agree. The problem I have with the new rule is twofold. First, it goes too far in forcing the winning teams to split the Roadblocks 50/50. On the other hand, it doesn't go far enough, as most teams will be eliminated before it even becomes an issue.

I think an interesting modification of this rule for future TARs would be to not allow a team member to do more than 2 Roadblocks in a row. That would affect the teams earlier in the game and could really require them to think more strategically.

Assuming that the same people would have done the same Roadblocks had this variant rule been in place: Adam, having done the Ski Jump Zipline and the Hay Bales, could not have done the Salt Harvesting. Rebecca would've had to. And, since she then did the Soap Box Derby, Adam would automatically have to do the next one (whatever it is), as would Aaron, Bolo, and Victoria.

If anything, this would be a more draconian rule than the current one, but I think it could really shake things up and make for some interesting dynamics.

FORT Regular
    I think the RB should be changed you cant do more than three in a row!! Because now i think that the girls would get to do all the fun stuff. And if i was Freddy or Aaron i would say hell no i want to bugee. But i was SHOCKED to see so many girls do the thing in Dakar.

And i think if the Bowling moms were against Nicole, Christie, or Kim they would have still ost in the last RB.

And i think that Kim had no willingness to do RB's. Christie said a few times she was jelious of Colin doing the fun stiff (zorbing) said said had they known what it was she would have dont it. And Colin didnt really give a choice he just did it. Like in the second leg in Egypit it was somthing about patcience and he said it was him and she gave him a look like are you sure? and Nicole it looked like she was going to do the rock climb until Chip did it and she said there was no way she would beat Chip so she made Brandon do it.

But i do have to say Flo/Nicole/Kim/and Christie all should have done at least 3.
    And i want to say there were some people who i think had they lasted longer they would have done only one and maybe even 0.
    Examples
    Mary and Peach: Peach did one and that would have prolly been all.
    Heather and Eve: I dont think Eve would have ever done one.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by BRIS01
    I think the RB should be changed you cant do more than three in a row!! Because now i think that the girls would get to do all the fun stuff. And if i was Freddy or Aaron i would say hell no i want to bugee. But i was SHOCKED to see so many girls do the thing in Dakar.

And i think if the Bowling moms were against Nicole, Christie, or Kim they would have still ost in the last RB.

And i think that Kim had no willingness to do RB's. Christie said a few times she was jelious of Colin doing the fun stiff (zorbing) said said had they known what it was she would have dont it. And Colin didnt really give a choice he just did it. Like in the second leg in Egypit it was somthing about patcience and he said it was him and she gave him a look like are you sure? and Nicole it looked like she was going to do the rock climb until Chip did it and she said there was no way she would beat Chip so she made Brandon do it.
    Nicole was never going to do the rock climb.

I agree with the change limiting the number of times a contestant can do the roadblock per (entire) race. But I don't think there should be a limit in terms of times in a row a contestant can do a roadblock. It is challenging for the racers to determine which contestant is better for a specific task, having to keep in mind that contestants can only perform 6 tasks as a whole and also having to consider what future tasks might be. Certain tasks are "funner" than others. But all are meant to be a challenge (well, the zorb thing last year didn't really seem hard, to be fair). But it is not about having fun on the roadblock but about determining who can do the roadblock better. I'm generalizing here: it was better for the women, really, to do the bungee because it is a task that does not require physical prowess. Having the women do the bungee task leaves the men free to do a more physical challenge later. {That said, they should have probably had Adam and Bolo do the bungee task - Rebecca & Lori seem much stronger than their partners!}
    Last edited by CCL; 01-01-2005 at 09:40 PM.

FORT Regular
    I might have said it wrong but Nicole and Brandon did not know what Vertigo was and they were dicissing who was going to do it and it was possible for Nicole doing it but when Chip was doing it, They said they only way they can beat Chip is if Brandon did it. I was trying to make a point Nicole was not always up Raodblock Brandon is doing it regardless like Kim.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567