+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Roadblock limits?

Jay
    I like this new rule. It is much better than TAR5's stupid Pause rule.

I like the new rule too! They needed to prevent one team member from doing ALL of the roadblocks.

Jay-I think the Yield still exists, but it probably won't come into play until later in the game, as no one wants to yield yet, with all of the bunching early on.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Jay
    Oh no, mrdobolina. I hope you are wrong but we will see.

The Yield is still in affect. I looked at the CBS/TAR website, and they have it listed under the glossary section and under the race update section.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    I love this idea. Finally, the girls do somethings. Hayden is alright, and LORI. Lol Lori is stronger than probably all the guys there except Bolo.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

It needed to be done.

As much as I loved Chip & Kim, Chip earned the million by doing all of the RB's except digging in the sand. Imagine if the Mom's had to compete against Christy and Nichole on the repel instead of Brandon and Colin. It would have been more even and more competitive.

By limiting the amount of RB's a team member can do the teams have to really think ahead and strategize instead of just "let the guy do it".

I also like the fact that they are doing a lot of thier own driving this time out. Team Mormon dropped several spots by going right instead of left.

Liked the 30 minute penalty for taking the extra clue.

Lori & Bolo, a little tip for ya......
    BUY A FRIGGEN MAP WOULD YA!

Latah,
    Rpow

I like the new rule a lot, I was sick of hearing most of the girls scream "YOU DO IT" to their male partner before even thinking about what the roadblock might be.

Quote Originally Posted by realityluver
    Why does everyone keep referring to Chip/Kim? Colin did most of the roadblocks as did Brandon last season. Every season it happens, why was it such a problem last season? At least Kim did attempt at least one (the same amount as Christie & Nicole).
    The difference that I saw last year (and the same goes with Flo & Zach) is that Kim (and Flo) told Chip(Zach) that they were going to do the Roadblock. No ifs, ands, buts about it. She did one challenge and it wasn't that difficult either. The caviar challenge was much more difficult than digging in the sand. As for Colin, I remember him distinctly stating that he would do most of them as they went along. Everytime an envelope was opened (after the caviar challenge) he just said "I'll do it!" and ran off. Brandon & Nikki were somewhere in the middle of these two, although leaning slightly closer to Chip & Kim's strategy than Colin & Christies.

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    I hate this rule. But none of the girls who did the RB last night seemed to hesitate when doing the RB. Especially Kendra, who surprised me by her willingness. So maybe they aren't going to be the types who open the clue and hand it off to they're male partner without even seeing what it is.

I don't like the new rule at all. I much prefer the teams analyzing who is better at what task and playing to their individual strengths. I just prefer when the game is more cerebral than random.

Additionally, what if one person becomes ill or injured and unable to perform a task on a particular leg and the other is already ineligible. Can't prepare ahead for that.

IMO the producers made this change based on the thinking that, "If we don't change things, people will stop watching."

I understand the reasoning of those who support this rule change. It doesn't work for me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast