+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you think there will be TAR5?

FORT Fan

Do you think there will be TAR5?

I checked the CBS website and I can find ways to apply for Survivor and Big Brother, but not TAR. I am a bit worried that the next season will be the last
    :crybaby

I really hope not, Tokimeki, I'm really addicted to TAR. But heard that the ratings for TAR are not that good.
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

Yep. It's not fair though that Survivor's rating is much much better than AR3. Hey, i'll be disappointed if there;s no ar5. OH well life goes on
    All good things come to an end.

I expect that they'll be accepting applications as soon as the CBS honchos give them the go-ahead for a 5th season.

I really expect it to be back for a 5th season. While its ratings aren't great, it's gaining an audience, and the ratings are definitely not declining from season to season, or even episode to episode.

Leo
    Premium Member
    In a perverse way, the fact that it isn't as popular as say, The Bachelor may work in its favor. If CBS knows that it really won't be that much of a smash hit, then they might not really demand such large ratings as one would ask from, say, Survivor. Low expectations are easier to meet.

TAR might even, in my opinion, outlast Survivor.

lol_its_fun
    Originally posted by william8686
    Yep. It's not fair though that Survivor's rating is much much better than AR3.
    I personally really suspect if the rating does reflect the reality because I have never heard people ( relatives, friends, people from other chatrooms ) telling me that they watch The Survivor but not The Amazing Race ( but vice versa happens). The interesting thing about reality shows is it draws a new group of audience who usually don't watch TV that much, and I am one of those audience.
    However, I got an impression that CBS doesn't promote TAR hard enough because this season I almost missed the show if I don't follow the message board.

I think there will be a TAR5, and really what they need to do is promote the show better and give it a better competitive time slot.

I wish they would have it follow Survivor.

As for people who have seen Survivor but not TAR... well, I know loads of em, and in fact I was one prior to this season.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Thinking a little about this, I believe that part of TAR's problem in attracting viewers is the name of the show.

Would you have tuned in to see Richard Hatch on "The Spectacular Survivor"? Probably not.

Any show that has to hype itself in its own title is probably a show not worth watching. It's definitely NOT the case with THIS show, but I think the word "Amazing" hurts it for people who haven't tuned in yet.

If they had called it "The Race Around The World" or something, it might have gotten more viewers. Something shorter, though. That's why I'm not in Hollywood, thinking up names for shows.

JR.
    TAR's promotion is just horrible, I think that's the main problem. I always see Survivor commercials and hear radio ads, but rarely see any for TAR and I've never heard a radio spot.

Yes, The amazing race is not quite a suitable name. It should be changed. But anyhows, the show is great to watch.
    All good things come to an end.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast