Tonight I saw the Season premier of TAR6, I had never seen it before, I traditionally only watch Survivor and that is about it. I thought the show was great, I know it is the 6th edition, but for me it was new and fresh, and I must say I think I am hooked and I will definitely follow this season through to the end. But, being that I am a newbie to TAR, I am kind of lost with the rules and nuances of the game; therefore I have a couple questions that I have to better understand the game. Any response would be greatly appreciated, I figure where better to find out then at the FORT board.
1) Do they accumulate the best time during the course of the game (Kind of like the Tour de France) to determine what place the teams are in? Who gets head starts and how much of a head start? Or.. If your just last that episode then your gone!!
2) Do they have weeks where no-one is eliminated, but do a time trial and if they do that then whoever wins gets a head start in the next elimination episode?
3) I noticed that the Father and Daughter team were giving advice to the 2 guys from New York, trying to help them out, are there alliances in this game like Survivor, if so, is there back stabbing and in fighting among the Teams?
4) Do they do the crappy recap episode in the middle of the season like Survivor does?
5) From the previous 5 editions of TAR, what kind of teams has won? IE: Younger teams, older teams, couples, friends???
6) On tonight’s episode, the team that finished first, won a trip, do they get any other perks, immunity from finishing last or something similar to that?
I am just trying to figure this out so that I can enjoy it better, any feedback would be greatly appreciated. RC