+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Questions from a TAR newbie

FORT Newbie
    Can a team borrow money or beg money from another team?
    Can a team pay the cab/bus/train fees for another team?
    They could, but it's not likely to do them any good. It wouldn't be wise for another team to give up any of their money. They keep them on a very tight budget, and they wouldn't want to run out, themselves.

And borrowing wouldn't really work - because it's not likely they're going to have a lot of extra money on upcoming legs. And then, what would happen if that team were elminated next - they'd never get the money back. I think it'd be too big of a gamble to happen.

I think in TAR 5 Colin and Christie helped pay for the bowling mum's boat ride fee. A surprise, especially from Colin, but who knows...
    Well, I was thinking when he said, "king of the jungle," I was, like, "Well, during the first challenge you would still be lost in the jungle if Jim and I hadn't, like, led you out. - Brooke Struck on Judd

Love is like the wind...You can't see it, but you can feel it

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki_Brandon
    I think in TAR 5 Colin and Christie helped pay for the bowling mum's boat ride fee. A surprise, especially from Colin, but who knows...
    One thing is certain, they are nicest team in the whole race and they got the worst editing. feel bad for them?

some questions from me:
    1. Supposing a team was affected by a production error, which put them behind scheldule by more than 12 hours, how will they be reimbursed?

2. what if the cameraguy or soundguy fell sick along the way? is that a production error?

Leo
    Premium Member
    It's not like there's only one camera crew for each team. They can easily replace a camera team with a sick crew member.

As for production errors, if it does legitimately delay the team, then they can be given a time credit. It has happened before, although that was way back in the first season.

Premium Member
    Noticing how incredibly physically exhausting this game is, has anyone just up and quit or just thrown the towel in like Osten did in Survivor 7?

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Roz_City
    Noticing how incredibly physically exhausting this game is, has anyone just up and quit or just thrown the towel in like Osten did in Survivor 7?
    In the previous season, Marshall and Lance just "gave up" because one of them broke their knee and could not walk.
    In TAR2, I remember Mary and Peach mentally giving up in Hong Kong. They completed all tasks but decided not to give their best. They even stopped and ate at a restaurant before checking-in.

FORT Fan
    Flo threatened to quit, but made it to the end, winning half a million for herself.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by heymikey
    In the previous season, Marshall and Lance just "gave up" because one of them broke their knee and could not walk.
    In TAR2, I remember Mary and Peach mentally giving up in Hong Kong. They completed all tasks but decided not to give their best. They even stopped and ate at a restaurant before checking-in.
    Thats a bummer to hear that a Team gave up, after watching Don and Mary Jean work so hard, and the last week when the eliminated Team unrolled a 100 bales of hay, it is sad that somebody felt compelled to quit.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Genius
    Flo threatened to quit, but made it to the end, winning half a million for herself.
    What TAR was Flo in? How far into the game did she want to quit?

Quote Originally Posted by Roz_City
    What TAR was Flo in? How far into the game did she want to quit?
    in TAR3, episode 11. She almost gave up in Vietnam.
    You can read at cbs dot com.
    "I was ionized, but I'm OK now", Buckaroo Banzai

+ Reply to Thread