+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Lori and Bolo

Quote Originally Posted by sher
    same with me, speedy. they were pretty annoying the first couple of episodes, but since they have grown on me a bit. they still aren't my faves by any means, but i no longer find them offensive.
    Same here, Sher. I didn't like them at first and I think of the phrase, professional wrestling, as an oxymoron. But these two have a sense of humor, seem to be enjoying their experience, are courteous to locals, and appear to genuine care for each other. I'm not rooting for them to win, but I do think they're a colorful couple and enjoyable to watch a good deal of the time.

They absolutely CANNOT be eliminated before Lori beats the ever-lovin crap outta Jonathon. My world is depending on this .... !!!!

I enjoy this couple more than I thought I would at first, and if I get to see Lori take him out after he attacks his wife again, my Christmas will be complete.
    :santagrin :santawink :santasmil

I got to use all the Christmas smilies!!!!
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by drama queen
    Did anyone see how great bolo looked with his shirt off yesterday when pulling that cannon....wow.....i have to say thumbs up on that view.

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar
    I like this couple, but I have a lot of other favourites, so I wound'nt be too upset if they got eliminated.

Count me in as one of those who didn't think much of this team in the beginning. I figured I wouldn't like them because they would be stuck on themselves or something. Yes, looks can be deceiving.

Yes, Bolo is VERY nice when asking directions. He has no problem doing it either as I know my husband would never do it. However, I think this is their downfall. They are just as bad with directions as Hayden (apparently) is. They have to ask for directions quite a bit instead of reading a map. Alot of other teams seem to go on with less "let's make sure we have the correct directions" with more "let's just go and figure it out along the way" While more risky, that's what is putting the leaders in the lead. IMHO

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar
    I think Bolo is a perfect example of how editing can control a persons likability to the audience. Many people seem to be offended by Bolo pretending to be disabled at the airport, but a few are willing to forgive him because of his other likable traits. But if the editors had decided to place the footage during the correct episode, he would almost definitely suffered the same fate as Kendra.

KGS
    FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by quangtran
    I think Bolo is a perfect example of how editing can control a persons likability to the audience. Many people seem to be offended by Bolo pretending to be disabled at the airport, but a few are willing to forgive him because of his other likable traits. But if the editors had decided to place the footage during the correct episode, he would almost definitely suffered the same fate as Kendra.

Well said!

I disagree. It's not like he's doing it all the time, whereas Kendra is constantly whining about one thing or another. Also, yes, Bolo does have likable qualities. I see no redeeming qualities in Kendra. She's apparently gotten by on her looks her whole life (I personally don't find her pretty ~ her eyebrows look evil. Matches her heart, I guess). What is she going to do when she's no longer young & "beautiful"? Get by on her winning personality? Doubtful.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I think that one bad incident isn't enough to forsake him.

Actually I put him on the same level as Gus and Hera.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Bolo is not anywhere close to Kendra's level of ugly behavior.I didn't think the acting disabled was that horrible.I mean he did say (sounding genuine) that he had a few disabled friends with cerebal palsay and that they were some of the strongest people around.Lori and Bolo obviously really want a million dollars and they did something a little "wrong" to get ahead.I mean it's not like he did it and didn't have any respect for the disabled and called anyone who believed it a sucker.Hayden was just pissed off she didn't get Aaron to do something of the sort first.

+ Reply to Thread