+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Lena and Kristy

Before last nights episode I didn't really have an opinion of Lena or Kristy. But WOW Lena is truly AMAZING (pun intended) and I felt bad for Kristy feeling so helpless yet still doing her best to be supportive of her sister. Too many times we have seen a partner struggle at a road block and their teammate go ballistic.

I agree with someone who said in the Discussion thread that these two deserve without a doubt a spot on Amazing Race All Stars.

For some reason, I think actually they miss the clue somewhere in those piles of hae.

Quote Originally Posted by LiVvV
    For some reason, I think actually they miss the clue somewhere in those piles of hae.
    Even if a clue was missed Lena never gave up and I think that speaks volumes.
    Last edited by imajunkie2; 12-01-2004 at 12:35 PM. Reason: really bad grammer lol

Lena said on the morning show that they were all covered with tics .. body, hair in their ears ... She did great I never ever would have made it that long. Plus when Phil came up to them she didn't look all freaked out or that she had been crying just very tired. Whew, I was dying just watching.

Way to go Lena!

FORT Fan
    I want to add my voice to the chorus of praise for Lena. I didn't think that they were that impressive thus far, but Lena's performance, and Kristi's admirable patience and encouragement, were an absolute textbook lesson on what to do during an awful Roadblock. I had forgotten before reading this thread that Lena was the one that said she was not into the physical stuff, carrying her own bags, etc. So, for a girl that said up front that she wasn't into that sort of thing, to go for 8+ hours, without pitching a fit or giving up, is just a testament to her will and character. I can't believe that in all that time, that mild bit that we saw where she said "I don't want to be out here another 7 hours" was the worst she got! You KNOW that the producers would have loved showing us if she started screaming, railing at the fates (like I would have, I tell you) for screwing them up so badly. But she simply kept on and kept on, like a blonde Energizer Bunny model. I hope that her life after this is a embarrassment of gifts from karma. If anyone in the world deserves to have used up their lifetime supply of bad luck all in one shot, it is her.

Briefly put, well done. If they ever have All Star TAR, Lena and Kristi are IN!

Just reading about ticks sent a shiver down my spine. I really liked this team. Anyone that could still smile at one another and rave about how proud they were of each other (after that challenge) is A-okay in my book! Their elimination choked me up, as well, and I'm very sad to see such a "nice" team eliminated.

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    Why is amazing race so much about luck ? Lena and Christy was great! They tried so hard *sighs*...no more female teams now
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    lena way to hang in there, this was ans is my favorite team just ahted to see them go and I agree with LiVvV, I just kept thinking she had to have missed one in all that crap. They were a GREAT TEAM, wish I had seen them on the early show.

I do give big props to Lena, ,as she rocked, but I also think that Kristi deserves some props too. I would think that after that long almost everyone sitting on the side would be complaining. Kristi was wonderful and supportive the whole time.

It's a shame they are gone. I really liked them.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Huge credit to her. She went all out, most other people would have quit or slowed down. Verrry Impressive, I hope they get another shot if they do an All-Stars version, 'cause they proved that they have the determination to win it all.

+ Reply to Thread