+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 44 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Adam and Rebecca

Adam and Rebecca

Pictures and information from the Official Amazing Race 6 Site

Adam and Rebecca

[IMG]images/img/adamrebecca.jpg[/IMG]

Bio

Adam & Rebecca are an ex-couple that met at a spinning class. Rebecca's first impression of Adam was that he was gay, but after he pursued her for months, he proved otherwise. Both of them are spinning teachers/personal trainers.

Both say that they share similar sensibilities, are very competitive and are both interested in fitness, but are different in every other way. She is social, he isn't. She's outgoing, he's not. He is practical and prefers routine, while she is spontaneous.

Rebecca says she's doing the Race because she could use the cash, but Adam says his main motivation for doing THE AMAZING RACE is that after years of sitting on his couch watching the Race and saying, "I can do that," he wants to prove that he really can.

Q&A

How would you describe your previous travel experience?

Adam: My previous travel experience is limited at best. For me, going from the [San Fernando] Valley to Santa Monica is quite the trek. I consider a long trip sitting in the car for more than 45 minutes.

Rebecca: Vast. I am very restless and have trouble staying put. I studied in London for six months and often missed class because I was always traveling.

What is the most stressful aspect of traveling?

Adam: I do not know what the most stressful aspect of traveling is. I really do not even know what "traveling" is like. Good luck to me.

Rebecca: I hate flying. But with today's advances in prescription drugs, I'm dealing with this.

Why did you want to be on THE AMAZING RACE?

Adam: I wanted to be on THE AMAZING RACE because it is my favorite TV show. Every week, I sit and watch and think to myself, "These people are crazy. I'm crazy. I could do this." Also, I thought I needed a vacation. Again, good luck to me.

Rebecca: Traveling the world for free sounds really good to me!

Have you and your partner traveled together before? If so, what was it like?

Adam: Rebecca and I have traveled together in the past. I went on a cruise to the Caribbean with her and her family and hung out at their home in Virginia Beach for a couple of weeks. It was one of the best times I have ever had in my life.

Rebecca: Adam came with my family on a cruise in the Caribbean and then we spent some time together in my hometown, Virginia Beach. We had our usual daily arguments over trivial things, but overall we had a great time!

What do you fear most about competing in THE AMAZING RACE?

Adam: My biggest fear concerning the competition is possibly having to bungee jump. The thought has been leaving me sleepless.

Rebecca: My biggest fear is that Adam and I will kill each other and will not be able to finish the Race because we will be dead.

What strengths and weaknesses do you bring to the Team?

Adam: I am not the bravest person on the planet. I do not like heights, bugs, weird food, heat, extreme cold or anything else outside my routine. On the other hand, I am relentless, motivating, strong, smart and competitive.

Rebecca: I have strong communicative skills and can easily adapt. My weakness is that I'm very impatient, mostly with Adam. I have no sense of direction and cannot read a map to save my life.

What strengths and weaknesses does your teammate bring to the Team?

Adam: Rebecca might just be the bravest person on the planet. She is not scared of anything (even if she is, she will try it anyway) and hates routine. Rebecca does not possess the gift of patience, which she will need in dealing with me.

Rebecca: Adam is very competitive and passionate about everything he does. He will give 100 percent and never give up. He can be verbally abusive to me, and has trouble being social. He often isn't the friendliest, and I'm afraid that will hinder us from forming potential alliances.

What will you miss the most from home (besides your bed)?

Adam: I will miss my dog Bailey the most. A close second is my spinning class. I never miss it. Hi Spinners.

Rebecca: Other than my friends and family, I have no attachments, except maybe my spicy tuna rolls and my spinning classes.

What languages do you speak?

Adam: I speak English, though some would question that statement. Also, yo hablo Espanol, un poco.

Rebecca: A little Hebrew, but somehow I don't think that will come in very handy on this Race.

What destination are you hoping to visit?

Adam: I am hoping that the Race takes us to Argentina, as my grandparents are from there. I have always wanted to visit.

Rebecca: I really want to go to Africa and Asia.

What country do you feel best prepared for?

Adam: I feel best prepared to go where the weather is a balmy 78 degrees all the time and the protein bars flow like water from every corner store. Hmmmm, sounds like home.

Rebecca: England: no language barrier, and I've spent a lot of time there.
    Last edited by cali; 10-29-2004 at 04:58 PM.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Leo
    Premium Member
    Hmmm... an ex-couple. The first time TAR tried that, the fireworks that was Tara and Wil resulted.

And what is a spinning class, anyway?
    Last edited by Leo; 10-29-2004 at 11:26 AM.

Leo - its an exercise class where everyone rides exercise bikes (not that I have ever been to one )

It doesnt say if they are friends or not but Rebecca said some hurtful things about Adam and quite frankly even if I did decide to call up an ex to apply for TAR with, it wouldnt be one that was abusive. Geeeesh

Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    I am not the bravest person on the planet. I do not like heights, bugs, weird food, heat, extreme cold or anything else outside my routine.
    Yet you say to yourself that you can "do" this show?

Are those horns in his hair?
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Possibly the first elimination here. But I haven't seen the rest yet.

Nice horns.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

yes Bill.. He's horney.

I don't get the "Teaming with an Ex" thing for this. Are there no other people in their lives that they would want to go with?
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by cali
    yes Bill.. He's horney.
    Oh, cali!

So, this freaky-haired guy says he doesn't even know what traveling is like? Sign up for Jeopardy or something, not a race around the world. :rolleyes

JR.
    This could be the first couple ever eliminated BEFORE the first commercial break!

My biggest fear is that Adam and I will kill each other and will not be able to finish the Race because we will be dead.
    Having read a little about their personalities (and seeing those strange hair-horns), I think that's a valid fear.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 44 1234567891011 ... LastLast