+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finale Ratings: TAR Ties Best Rating ever (8.2!!!)

Do the Bartman! Sonic-TARmaniac's Avatar

Finale Ratings: TAR Ties Best Rating ever (8.2!!!)

The Amazing Race 5" (two-hours, households: 8.2/13, #2; adults 18-49: 5.6, #1)!!!

It got an 8.2/13 share which ties the TAR1 finale, the highest rated TAR episode ever. And without a survivor boost! (first hour of TAR: 8.0/13, 2nd hour 8.4/13)

5.6 adults 18-49 rating, top of the night!

12.91 million viewers! This is the 3rd highest viewing amount!

GO TAR!

Rating/Share: 8.2/13
    Adult 18-49: 5.6
    Total Viewers: 12.91 million (Up 2.61 from last week!)

L&O:SVU got a 10.0/17 rating/share, but TAR beat it in 18-49.

This definately should bring the CBS honchos to move TAR to a weekday!

Some Detailed Information for each 1/2 hour:

9:00 p.m.
    Overnights: 8.2/12 (#1), Viewers: 12.12 million (#1), A18-49: 5.1/13 (#1)

9:30 p.m.
    Overnights: 8.8/13 (#1), Viewers: 13.19 million (#1), A18-49: 5.6/14 (#1)

10:00 p.m.
    Overnights: 8.9/13 (#2), Viewers: 13.20 million (#2), A18-49: 5.8/14 (#1)

10:30 p.m.
    Overnights: 9.1/14 (#2), Viewers: 13.15 million (#2), A18-49: 5.9/15 (#1)

The rating/share is Metered market, therefore it is different than the ratings I posted earlier. However viewers and A18-49 are fast national data.

From this we see TAR peeked at 13.20 million viewers and a 5.9 Adults 18-49 rating. Excellent.

13 million viewers!!

That's going into Survivor territory, it is...
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

Survivor is 18-25 mil on average.

HOWEVER, it is only 1 million behind the Apprentice's premiere. And Donald commented yesterday on Access Hollywood that TAR had horrible ratings and Apprentice was robbed of the emmy (sore loser). So wrong he was, unless he implied how horrible his show was doing too.

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    Trump is a sore loser but I still like him. The Race is just so suspenseful and dramatic, its awesome. The Apprentice is nothing compared to the race. I am not suprised TAR got high ratings, it was awesome.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-TARmaniac
    Survivor is 18-25 mil on average.

HOWEVER, it is only 1 million behind the Apprentice's premiere. And Donald commented yesterday on Access Hollywood that TAR had horrible ratings and Apprentice was robbed of the emmy (sore loser). So wrong he was, unless he implied how horrible his show was doing too.
    No offence to anyone who watches his show, but I don't think a show were he fires people deserves an Emmy.

Wow! Awesome!
    ::Brandon and Nicole Rock!::

FINAL RATINGS:

For CBS, its second consecutive nightly demo victory to start the season was powered by the two-hour conclusion of "The Amazing Race 5" (5.6 rating/14 share in adults 18-49, 12.85 million viewers overall).
    Rating/Share: ???
    Adults 18-49: 5.6
    Total Viewers: 12.85 million

Rating/Share coming soon.

Hopefully these are new viewers who will stick, and if TAR gets a weekday slot TAR6 can hopefully start with a bang getting over 12 million viewers for its premiere.

FYI (since it was mentioned here) -- I posted Donald's complaints, and my opinions, in the Emmy thread.

This was a most excellent performance for TAR.

Based on those overnight breakdowns by half-hour, it is nice to see the Rating increased EACH half-hour, both overall and for A18-49.

This was against pretty tough competition too. During the second hour, it was premiere for LO:SVU, plus premiere for final season of NYPD. Not a gimme by any means. It is especially encouraging to see the number held up going into the second hour.

I imagine that big jump it got after the first half-hour, was quite a few people going "oh crap, it's on early tonight, I forgot".

I still wouldn't be surprised (or disappointed) if TAR ends up on Saturdays this fall [and I saw one online TV grid that said "Sat Oct 23", but I cannot remember where now, but that date was new to me].

I'd almost rather it ease back in to regular season after being in two summers. While 13.00-ish million viewers has us clapping for joy, honestly that is just good, not great for a regular season show -- and we got it with a finale, so couldn't expect that to be the norm. But, if it lands on Saturday, and regularly draws 8.00-ish million or more, that would be enormous for CBS Saturday.

Back during TAR1's run, CBS Saturday consisted of "Touched by an Angel", "Citizen Baines", "District", and that combo regularly averaged around 10.00 million. I know those are older-skewing shows, but it shows that there is an audience if there are decent shows on.
    There are three cigars in the humidor --- My yo-yo has no string --- Isn't that rather misshapen?
    It's supposed to bend that way, I'm Italian! --- I bring new meaning to the phrase 'Blown out of proportion'! --- My puzzle has one piece missing

Thanks, TAR4 ATC Dave and TAR4 ATCSteve!

FINAL RATINGS:

According to the final Nielsen national ratings for September 21, Tuesday's two-hour The Amazing Race 5 finale averaged 12.85 million viewers and posted an 8.2/13 rating/share in households, a 4.9/14 in the Adults 18-34 demographic, a 5.6/14 in Adults 18-49 and a 6.2/14 in Adults 25-54.
    Rating/Share: 8.2/13
    Adults 18-49: 5.6
    Total Viewers: 12.85 million viewers

Awesome.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast