+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the teams

Thoughts on the teams

Now that the race is almost over, post your thoughts on each of the teams. It doesn't have to be argumentative, it's not a debate. Just say the thought that crosses your mind when it came to that team.

These are my thoughts:

Alison & Donny - They did look like they had the makings of a team that could go far, but, alas, that is not to be so.

Dennis & Erika - I thought that they might be like Jon Vito & Jill. Young couple who are supportive of each other. Too bad, we didn't get to know them better.

Colin & Christie (Team Psycho) - Love them or hate them, they sure are the most entertaining team this year. Boy, when they said they are competitive, they really do mean it.

Bob & Joyce - I really doubted they could get past five legs. I'm getting flashbacks of the Fighting Grandmas. Alright, Teri & Ian were exceptions. A mushy couple but not as mushy as...

Brandon & Nicole (Team Blue Lagoon) - They're so mushsy. "I love you." Ehehehhe. I never thought the teams with beauty pageant queens could get this far. Sure they got lucky with the non-elims but still you got to admire that they did.

Marshall & Lance (Pizza Guys) - I really felt sorry that they couldn't get as far as they could have. They look like guys we can get along with easily.

Charla & Mirna (Mirna & Schmirna) - I can't believe how popular these two are. I do know that if you are allies with them, they stick by you but they sure have the annoying habit of alienating people. Ugh, I hate Mirna. "Charla, run faster." "Just put that damn thing in your mouth." "I don't know if I can do it. Charla, can you?"

Jim & Marsha - Why am I not surprised that another parent-child team got eliminated early on, again?!!

Kami & Karli (Team Klueless) - I am surprised by these two. Judging by their capabilities, they should have been out of the race after 2 or 4 legs but they managed to reach the 10th leg.

Chip & Kim - I have to admit they are one of the most likeable teams in AR.

Linda & Karen (Bowling Moms) - I didn't think much of them at first but they have turned out to be the dark horse of the race.

Mmm... why not?

Colin & Christie - Great racers... not so sure about their real-life relationship, but I was so bummed when they weren't eliminated during the NEL.

Alison & Donny - Well, I liked Ali's clothes

Marshall & Lance -Hilarious team. Entertaining... "If a scarab's a rock, I've found it!"

Dennis & Erika - I thought it was so sweet when Dennis kept on apologizing profusely to Erika when they came in last during the first leg. Erika was totally understanding and sweet

Bob & Joyce - I find Bob kind of irritating.

Brandon & Nicole - My favorite team this season. Everyone says Brandon's a wimp and uses Niki as a reason for not doing the challenges - well, that ain't true. Everyone also usually happens to leave out the sky-diving and everything. If he says he's scared about Niki banging her head on rocks during sledging -- maybe he should follow his instincts instead of rushing headlong into something he's uneasy about. And they really ARE nice to each other.

Charla & Mirna - Hate, hate, hate. Okay, that's kind of drastic. Charla wants everyone to know that SHE CAN DO THINGS JUST AS WELL, IF NOT BETTER... yet, she uses her size to get ahead in the race. Contradictory. "Small lady. Not possible" ring a bell? :rolleyes

Jim & Marsha - I was alright with this team; until Marsha claimed in an interview that Niki called her a bitch while going off in a taxi. If Niki had done that, why was Marsha still so willing to buy her plane tickets on the next leg??

Kami & Karli - To quote, "Hysterical". What I found really funny was how they immediately said that they would have to use their sexual gifts to get money from people. Whatever floats your boat, I guess...

Chip & Kim - Nice, sweet, funny, my second-fave team in TAR5.

Linda & Karen - Funny, upbeat, practical. Nothing much to say 'bout the moms
    2003-2008.

Delurking for a moment to participate on this:

Alison & Donny - Physically, they seemed to be right for the race. Intellectually???

Dennis & Erika - Don't remember much about them.

Colin & Christie - They want to win, and aren't afraid of saying so. They're not my favorite... Colin reminds me too much of a pretty boy athlete who's always gotten his way. They'll probably win, but I'm not going to be happy about it.

Bob & Joyce - Good tacticians, but not up to the physical challenges. They really make a good "team" though, and I hope they're still together.

Brandon & Nicole - Remind me of the cutest guy/cutest girl couple in high school. Always inseparable and insufferable.

Marshall & Lance - I was worried that one of them would have a heart attack.

Charla & Mirna - They had such a huge advantage in being able to speak many languages, that I was surprised they didn't get a bit farther in the race. Didn't like that Mirna was such a wuss when it came to the challenges.

Jim & Marsha - I had high hopes for them. As a retired military man, Jim seemed in good shape. They were good thinkers. Too bad they didn't stick around.

Kami & Karli - Well, DUH! They were, like, you know, so, like, you know. Their only saving grace was, like, foot speed, you know.

Chip & Kim - What you see is what you get. I wish Kim was stronger physically as there have been a couple of challenges where a lighter weight person might have had a chance.

Linda & Karen - The best puzzle solvers in the race. They make mistakes, but are good at recovering. I fear that a physical challenge in the semi-final leg will doom them to 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by Destron
    Brandon & Nicole (Team Blue Lagoon) - They're so mushsy. "I love you." Ehehehhe. I never thought the teams with beauty pageant queens could get this far. Sure they got lucky with the non-elims but still you got to admire that they did.
    I just wanted to say that "Team Blue Lagoon" is one of the funniest things I've read in a while.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

My thoughts on all the teams:

Dennis and Erika: I really liked them from the start. In the first 5 minutes of the show, I picked them, A/D and K/K to be the final 3. Imagine what a dumbarse I felt like after episode 2, when 2 of my 3 were gone already. Anyhow, I think Dennis and Erika would have gone far had B/N and C/C both stolen the cabs before they could. Be more aggressive next time, "scumbag"!

Alison and Donny: Wow, where to begin. Alison drove me NUTS with her crying and moaning. I picked her to be in the final 3, but after hearing the 2nd episode's whining, I couldn't be happier she was the one eliminated. People speculate Donny threw the race to get away from her, do I believe that? No, but I wouldn't blame him if he did. The woman was insane.

Jim and Marsha: I liked Jim. I thought he handled the injured knee with pretty respectful dignity. A shame they had to miss that flight, eventually leading to their elimination.

Bob and Joyce: Neutral on this team. I don't think they had a chance to win from the start. Not physically explosive, not quick thinkers = not gonna win.

Marshall and Lance: I liked them. They were hysterically downbeat and upbeat at the same time. Kept it funny while being miserable at the same time. Miss those two.

Charla and Mirna: Only team in TAR I truly HATE. Charla's crusade really grew old, and she contradicted it every episode. Mirna I thought was obnoxious, rude, arrogant, annoying, and worst of all, always LOUD. The thing that really sets this team apart from the rest was the way they were always rude to OTHER TEAMS.

Kami and Karli: I liked the twins, a lot. They were sort of like the Brothers in that they were hysterically downbeat a lot. Liked their cute attitudes, and were one of my initial picks to win because of their fitness level.

Linda and Karen: Dislike this team, but don't HATE them. They're always too quirky, too optimistic all the time. Is this because they're "just moms" and they're used to being supportive all the time? Who knows. I still think they aren't taking things seriously enough.

Chip and Kim: I dislike Kim. She's just excess baggage. Doesn't seem to contribute in any way, shape, or form. Not just in the challenges but in the airports, dealing with cabs, anything. Chip is a one man team. I disliked Chip after the taxi incident with K/K, but then he redeemed himself in Egypt. But around episode 8 he just sort of became so-so in my book when he started pushing his "The world will give back to me" thing. Overall, I guess I dislike this team.

Brandon and Nicole: Dislike this team. I don't like the way Brandon pushed his religion to the camera, then he plays dirty. In particular, when Brandon suggested M/L, C/K and C/C all get on the same flights, to Russia I think, then HE was the one who snuck onto an earlier flight after it was HIS idea to flight togethor. Disliked this pretty boy ever since. Nicole...oh, where to begin. She's a less whiney version of Flo. Like Kim, she contributes absolutely nothing to Brandon's one-man-team. The one time that turned me against her was in Kenya (I think) when Brandon was pushing the cart with the chairs, and she was telling HIM to slow down. Give me a break, girl.

Colin and Christie: My favorite team since Episode 3. Once A/D and D/E knocked themselves out, I turned to C/C to bring it home for me. Colin just has this fire, this intensity in his eyes that no one else has. He's driven, determined and focused moreso than anyone else in the race. The reason I like him, even through all his so-called "Meltdowns", is because he races exactly how I would. I get frustrated, but I usually come out on top anyway. Christie I like as well, because unlike the other couple teams remaining, she seems to contribute at least at the airports, and dealing with people in general. Plus she's gorgeous, that doesn't hurt. I get this vibe from Colin, especially after episode 11's being turned on, that he's going to win The Race or die.

-Dave_B
    Colin and Christie or bust!

Update: Avatar = pic of me now!

CCL
    My 2 cents:

Dennis & Ereka: Would have stayed in longer if they hadn't been so nice. Don't really have much personal feelings because didn't really get to know them. Though I hope they got back together - they seemed to be a good match.

Alison & Donny: I did not watch Big Brother but if I had been in the house with Alison I would have been tempted to resort to violence. I don't know why Donny was involved with her at all. Physically okay, mentally ?

Jim & Marsha: Jim seemed like a decent man. I like that he didn't use his injury as an excuse. I found Marsha annoying, though I don't have a specific reason why (just a personal feeling). The race seems to have had a positive impact on their relationship, which is good.

Bob & Joyce: A nice couple, very supportive of oneanother. But no real fire/drive. Not surprised they didn't make it to the final rounds.

Charla & Mirna: I liked Charla and Mirna ( ducks projectiles I didn't find anything incongrous with Charla wanting to prove she could do something yet also, when needed, using her stature to get ahead. She wanted to prove she could run the race as a little person, not that she could run it without using what she has to her benefit. If someone pays their cabby to go faster, flirts to get help, charms someone into helping them find something, is that unfair? No, that's using what they have (money, sexuality, personality, respectively) to get ahead. Same as Charla. I liked Mirna as well. They always seemed to be having a good time & I found them funny. But they were always really slow on performing the tasks so I'm not surprised they lost.

Kami & Karli: gave twins a bad name Good physically but I don't see how English could be their first language since they always seemed to have trouble reading & understanding the clues.

Marshall & Lance: They just seemed like miserable people to me. Funny, but at others' expenses. I only gained respect for them in their last episode when Lance (?) was injured and Marshall treated him with such kindness/never blamed him. I could see some of the others (Alison, Colin) turning against their partner if they had been in a similar situation.

Linda & Karen: I like this team. They are not that physically strong. And they can't read a map apparently. They seem like "average people" in a game where super-competitors dominate and I'm impressed that they have gotten this far. I wouldn't mind if they win.

Brandon & Nicole: Nicole should get off her butt and do something (besides whining). Nicole doesn't seem that strong physically. This team supports eachother well, which is nice. But they always choose the less "scary" task which might be their downfall. And I wish they would have just shaved their heads!

Chip & Kim: Love Chip & Kim. Both have great attitudes, are always in a happy mindset. I would like Kim to do more ( I would like all the women to do more !) but I give her props for not snarking against her partner and/or whining all the time.

Colin & Christie: Good racers. Good mentally & physically. That said, I can't bring myself to like them. Colin is intense if intense is a byword for an unhinged personality prone to outbursts and temper tantrums. Christie is a rhymes with witch who nags a lot.

Think that's everyone!
    Last edited by CCL; 09-17-2004 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Edited because I forgot about Marshall & Lance
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL
    My 2 cents:

Alison & Donny: I did not watch Big Brother but if I had been in the house with Alison I would have been tempted to resort to violence. I don't know why Donny was involved with her at all. Physically okay, mentally ?

Colin & Christie: Good racers. Good mentally & physically. That said, I can't bring myself to like them. Colin is intense if intense is a byword for an unhinged personality prone to outbursts and temper tantrums. Christie is a rhymes with witch who nags a lot.
    I'm sure others have thought of this before, but I think Colin and Alison would be a hilarious (scary?) couple and/or amazing race team. They would kill each other!=)

OK, here goes:

Dennis & Erika: Weren't around long enough for me to really formulate an opinion, but I think I would have been rooting for them had they lasted past the first leg. They seemed nice, which is why they got into trouble.

Allison & Donny: YIKES!! They couldn't get eliminated fast enough for me. I know some of the bickering, etc. is fun to watch but they were over the top and almost painful to see.

Jim & Marsha: I liked him and his attitude, but wasn't particularly fond of her. I thought she tended to be snappish with other teams and since it was really early in the race, I didn't really see this as particularly necessary.

Bob & Joyce: Liked them but didn't really expect them to go far. Sadly, it was pure bad luck that knocked them out of the running, but I can't imagine them doing some of the physical things that have come later in the race.

Charla & Mirna: I thought they were really the only team who was in fact using tactics to try to win rather than brute force or speed. That's what I've always liked about TAR - It's as much about brain power as physical speed/strength. Unfortunately, Mirna was really too busy sniping at other teams (although Charla wasn't an angel) and complaining to really contribute much. I didn't have a problem as others have with Charla's tactics as tactics really are part of the race, nor did I find her a contradiction. When in a race, physical limitations HAVE to be compensated with tactical prowess. Unfortunately, their tactics backfired and they lost by outsmarting themselves.

Kami & Karli (or is it Karli & Kami? Who can tell?): Didn't like them much because in a race/show like this you HAVE to use SOME brain power. I really am not fond of people who believe that if they're cute enough, someone will show them the way so they don't have to think.

Marshall & Lance: I didn't like their attitudes about much of anything. They were lazy and proud of it. They were uncompromising and proud of it. They were rude and proud of it. The only redeeming quality was the fact that Marshall stood by Lance after he could no longer go on with the race and supported the decision. As was pointed out before, I really can't think of too many teams that would have done that.

Linda & Karen: I like the fact that they are willing to try things that scare the pants off of them. Most people won't (Brandon, I mean you!). They complain occasionally, but eventually do the task and celebrate their success; they argue when they're exhausted & frustrated, but make up in the end. If they win, it will be simply because they were willing to put their personal fears & discomfort aside and do what must be done.

Brandon & Nicole: This team is growing on me, although not enough to make me really root for them, but I'm liking them better than when they first started. The religious commentary did bother me at first, as it seemed like more of a crutch than true faith, but they've held it together relationship-wise, and avoided being truly nasty to other teams. Nicole bothers me more than Brandon, as she does forget herself and get pushy once in awhile, and it also disturbs me that they choose the least scary alternative all the time. I think they really CAN thank God that they haven't been eliminated, as it's been pure luck for the most part.

Chip & Kim: My favorite team so far, although I'm beginning to fluctuate between them and the bowling moms. They are nice, but willing to play for keeps if necessary. Kim is really riding Chip's coattails, which would bother me if it bothered Chip, but it doesn't seem to so I sense they're relationship has been built this way since the beginning. If it works for them, and it appears to, then who am I to knock it?

Colin & Christie: I do not like this team. At all. In any way shape or form. They are mean, to each other and to those around them, including innocent bystanders. Colin's temper tantrums are a sure sign of an immature person, and Christie's not that much better. I question whether he's really a "good racer" as others have said, or just a bulldozer - he's strong and fast and pushes harder than anyone else. He may very well win, but it won't be because he played the game BETTER than anyone else, but because he pushed harder than anyone else. That's sometimes how it goes, but it doesn't mean I have to like it!

There, that should be everyone.

Oh, one more:

Phil: Love him!!! If HE were the prize, I'd race in a heartbeat!!!
    We are experiencing technical difficulties...Please stand by...

The only thing I have to say is "Ditto" to Dave_B's post - you read my mind!!!

CCL
    Wow, Clippo Puppett, amazing post! Well thought out and beautifully written. And I agree with all of it!
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast