Thread: My God, I felt sorry for her! recap 9-14-04

Leo
    Premium Member
    Late to the party, but loved the recap.

And yes, it is a jeepney.

FORT Newbie
    ei, "jeepnee" is spelled correctly as JEEPNEY. trust me im a Filipino ;p

CCL
    I was re-watching the show last night and they said that jeepneys are the major form of public transportation in Manila? Do they have designated routes? Or do you flag them down or reserve them by phoning? They seem like an interesting way to travel.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL
    I was re-watching the show last night and they said that jeepneys are the major form of public transportation in Manila? Do they have designated routes? Or do you flag them down or reserve them by phoning? They seem like an interesting way to travel.
    They have designated routes. But with the air pollution in the metro, I advise that you flag a taxi instead.

Silent all these years... caragwapa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by opiumchild
    They have designated routes. But with the air pollution in the metro, I advise that you flag a taxi instead.
    yeah, if you can afford to take them all the time.
    most of us take the jeepney everyday and brave the dust and pollution (hehehe, of course, i'm in metro cebu so the pollution is not as bad as in metro manila)

For relatively short distance, it makes sense for me to take jeepneys.

Awesome recap, Cali! You made a very exciting and fun episode even better! Also, I must thank you for having such an excellent format in your 'caps . . . it made it much easier to fill in for your tremendously talented shoes.

I can't wait for tomorrow's finale!

Mantenna~
    I am a lurker here...shhhhh, I love Cali's recaps, and I loved yours also. Great job!!!
    OMG tonight...please oh please not Colin and Christie.....

FORT Regular
    We were on vacation but actually caught the episode in Hawaii. I'm really looking forward to tonight.

Some comments:

Christie did indeed find the rope with her foot. They should definitely have been penalized. They may have been as was noted in here, but we didn't see it.

Colin's tantrum was worst than most 6 year olds that I know.

When the Bowling Mom was coming down off the bridge my thoughts went to Peter Pan as well, but the warped and twisted version. There was an old Second City TV skit with (follow me here) John Candy as Divine as Peter Pan. It was hysterical. As she was coming down I was singing "I'm flyin'!!" as only John Candy as Divine as Petyer Pan would.

I'm so bored with Brandon and Nichole.

I was surprised at the Mom's meltdown in the beginning. Based on my own experience, and how when they came back from commercial the one asked the other if she was better, and she was visibly so, my guess is she was hungry and had a snack. I know that when I am hungry I turn into my alter-ego Taz. It is not a pretty picture. It's amazing what a protein bar can do.

I was surprised that Chip was so rattled by Colin's evil glare at the Yield. He felt bad and he shouldn't have.

Yay!! Two Emmy wins in as many years!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345