+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Possible Winner ** Spoiler **

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelMom
    Couldn't agree with you more. I don't like the yeild at all. The FF is much better because it helps you and doesn't hurt another team

How can you say it doesnt hurt another team, What about the team that ends up last and gets eliminated because the fast forward was used(which means that team may or not have been the team to be eliminated) instead of the one that actually is. I say thats a pretty big hurt.

The Fast Forward indirectly hurts other teams, as does any good "race move". The Yield DIRECTLY damages another team.

-Dave_B
    Colin and Christie or bust!

Update: Avatar = pic of me now!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelMom
    Couldn't agree with you more. I don't like the yeild at all. The FF is much better because it helps you and doesn't hurt another team
    Yes it can. Using FF causes you to bump the last arriving team to elimination. It just doesn't hurt as much.

FORT Regular
    I personally like Chip and Kim, so bear that in mind when you read this: I think they took a hit for the Moms and the Christians by racing for the yield. All three of these teams wanted to yield C&C, so I don't think it was smart for Chip to race for the yield. He must have been in automatic race competition mode, not thinking, or had some fear that Kim and he could have been yielded to put his team's picture up - he knew Colin well enough at that point to realize how Colin would react! So if Chip and Kim are eliminated b/c C&C take revenge on them, the Moms and the Christians should be soooo grateful!

Well, according to the Insider videos, they thought that this was the last elimination leg, and also the last yield. So Kim figured it didn't matter if C/C were pissed.
    Shows I'm Watching: The Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Battle of the Sexes 2, Survivor: Vanuatu, The Apprentice 2, The Real World: Philidelphia

Yea, I tend to agree that the yield isn't and wasn't cheating; however, the backstabbing wasn't actually using the yield, it was being all nice nice to C/C when C/K needed them and riding their coattails and then turning around and yielding them. However, as someone said, C/C only looked like they were maybe 20/30 mins behind the others, maybe even less, so they could very well wind up in front with the next week's climbing challenge and then C/K are really done.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Newbie

SPOILER: looks like someone knew the top teams all along

Hi all,

Very cool: Edward Hasbroucks site now has lots of photos from the final leg.

Does anyone here get his weekly review of the Amazing Race? It's been really good this season.

FORT Newbie

SPOILER: looks like someone knew the top teams all along

Last September, when TAR was nominated (and WON!) the Emmy, it was for TAR3, but the winners of TAR4 (Ch & Re) were the attendees. But the Emmys were AFTER they won TAR4, so it was no secret/spoiler when they attended. It just seemed natural to have the most recent winners attend. I'd have rather had a TAR3 Team attend, but why confuse the casual viewer that may tune in to see an "old" Team. Most viewers, I am sure, assume that last Sep's TAR Emmy win was for the just-then-aired-TAR4. Only we are quirky enough to know full scoop.

So, with that all said. It is possible that Chip/Kim attending this year means they are the winners. It would follow last year's pattern of attendees.

I just hope by next Tuesday when we *really* find out the winners, we will all be asking ourselves, "who will win the two-time Emmy-winning Amazing Race . . . . . . . tonight?"
    There are three cigars in the humidor --- My yo-yo has no string --- Isn't that rather misshapen?
    It's supposed to bend that way, I'm Italian! --- I bring new meaning to the phrase 'Blown out of proportion'! --- My puzzle has one piece missing

Thanks, TAR4 ATC Dave and TAR4 ATCSteve!

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna
    Yea, I tend to agree that the yield isn't and wasn't cheating; however, the backstabbing wasn't actually using the yield, it was being all nice nice to C/C when C/K needed them and riding their coattails and then turning around and yielding them. However, as someone said, C/C only looked like they were maybe 20/30 mins behind the others, maybe even less, so they could very well wind up in front with the next week's climbing challenge and then C/K are really done.
    How have Kim & Chip ridden on C & C's coattails? So C & C have bought them tickets a couple of times - big whoop. I'm tired of people saying that everyone is just hanging on to the coattails of C & C. All of the final four teams have played great games and all of them deserve to be the winners.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast