+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Possible Winner ** Spoiler **

FWIW, TAR did not win the Emmy this year for Best Reality Show, so no repeat win for the show. This year's Emmy for Best Reality Show went to Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.

The Amazing Race is still up for best reality show - up against Last Comic Standing, Survivor, Apprentice and American Idol.

Queer Eye won another award for reality program - different category.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Goten
    .... besides, wouldn't she get in trouble for spoiling the show?

But isn't the Emmy for TAR4?
    Yeah it is. The Emmy's have some sort of awards ceremony to give out all the techinical awards, guest stars, best commercial, etc., since they can't fit it all in the broadcast. TAR was nominated for some things in this ceremony, but I don't think it won any. But the Best Reality Show isn't given out until the actual awards show, right?

There are two reality show categories- one for outstanding reality program, which Queer Eye won last night. The other is best reality competition program, which will be given on Sunday night. This is from the official Emmy site.

lyn
    FORT Newbie

Chip & Kim at the Emmy's?

As much as I would want them to win..Wouldn't that somehow spoil everything if they appear at the Emmy's? It's already airing on Sunday and AM5 still has 2 more episodes to go... But I sure hope you're right because I really want Chip and Kim to win!

I think they were chosen because they are the clear-cut fan favorite. Does it mean they win? God I hope not, not after betraying my team!

Dave_B

|
    v
    Colin and Christie or bust!

Update: Avatar = pic of me now!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_B
    I think they were chosen because they are the clear-cut fan favorite. Does it mean they win? God I hope not, not after betraying my team!

Dave_B

|
    v

I lost my admiration with Chip and Kim after they used the Yield. His personality might be great but he is not a total angel!@#@$@$@! I would choose to go out with Colin at any other day than sleeping with an enemy.

Chip and Kim doesn't deserve to win TAR because using the Yield is like cheating! :phhht
    "The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense."
    - Tom Clancy (1947-), paraphrasing Mark Twain

Missing Colin and Christie of the The Amazing Race 5

Rooting for Gus and Hera in The Amazing Race 6 ; Jonathan and Kendra sucks! :phhht

Quote Originally Posted by Snowqueen
    Chip and Kim doesn't deserve to win TAR because using the Yield is like cheating! :phhht
    I am of the understanding that the YIELD is an official part of the race, just as Roadblocks, Fast Forwards, and Detours are...then please, pray tell me, why would using it be tantamount to cheating? Honestly, I am not totally sold on yielding being introduced to the race, but it is now part of the whole thing so I don't look at it as such. Otherwise, Chip & Kim should have been penalized for using the yield, right?
    Halfway around the world, I greet you "Mabuhay!"

I don't even like the CONCEPT of the yield. I think having the ability to basically knock another team out of the race is absolutely too powerful. That's obviously didn't hapen this time due to NEL, but it could have just as easily if it had been used on a previous leg. I think using the FF's to put YOURSELF ahead is much fairer than using the yield to knock another team BACK, instead. I say bring the FF back for TAR6. I sure hope the Yield isn't in TAR6...they don't need to keep mixing the race up like Survivor does, it's perfect how it WAS.

-Dave_B
    Colin and Christie or bust!

Update: Avatar = pic of me now!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_B
    I don't even like the CONCEPT of the yield. I think having the ability to basically knock another team out of the race is absolutely too powerful. That's obviously didn't hapen this time due to NEL, but it could have just as easily if it had been used on a previous leg. I think using the FF's to put YOURSELF ahead is much fairer than using the yield to knock another team BACK, instead. I say bring the FF back for TAR6. I sure hope the Yield isn't in TAR6...they don't need to keep mixing the race up like Survivor does, it's perfect how it WAS.

-Dave_B
    Couldn't agree with you more. I don't like the yeild at all. The FF is much better because it helps you and doesn't hurt another team

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast