+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Episode 11 - More of New Zealand...

FORT Newbie

Episode 11 - More of New Zealand...

After seeing the 'next week' bit at the end of Episode 10, I noticed that the team looked to be doing some bungy activity underneath what looked like the Auckland Harbour Bridge. Well, I emailed the company who organises this activity and this is what they sent me:
    ---------
    Hi there,

Thanks for your email. Yes the Amazing Race did come on to the bridge in
    about February. They didn't participate in any of the products that we
    offer but they did do an activity that was set up by our crew at AJ Hackett
    Bungy Auckland.

Vanessa
    Reservations
    AJ Hackett Bungy and Bridge Climb - Auckland

Auckland City
    New Zealand
    ---------
    Cool!

It's gonna be a doozy!
    Colin and Christie or bust!

Update: Avatar = pic of me now!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_B
    It's gonna be a doozy!
    Doozy? Sorry I'm a kiwi, what does that mean?

Uhh..it's gonna be good.
    Colin and Christie or bust!

Update: Avatar = pic of me now!

I thought all stuffs will be made in Manila.

Since the upcoming leg will be in Manila, Philippines, they will start the detour/rb in Manila... pls enlighten me.. =)

I guess it will be a Roadblock in Auckland, then they'll fly to their next destination for the Detour which involves the ox.....or maybe the other way round, Detour in Auckland and Roadblock with the ox.

I still feel dissapointed not knowing they had came to Auckland in February.

Leo
    Premium Member
    FYI, it's a water buffalo, known locally as a carabao.

I am quite skeptical that the rice task is a Roadblock. The reasoning involves spoiler info, so I've used the spoiler tags.

Click to see Spoiler:
    According to some spoiler information, the racers head to the Pit Stop from the province of Laguna. It's around an hour or so, maybe more, from Manila. It's possible that the other Roadblock task is there as well, but if it's not there that's an awful long way to send the racers out. My guess is that the carabao plowing is the last task they have to complete in the Philippines. Roadblock could well be the balut eating; it fits with the other food challenges so far. Detour could involve the peso-collecting task mentioned in the final 3 spoiler thread.

Keep in mind, this is all speculation, and chances are I'm completely wrong.

FORT Newbie
    I seriously doubt they would have any more detours or roadblocks in New Zealand. I didn't get a good look at it but it did look like Auckland harbour bridge and it looked as though Chip was doing the task.

So my prediction is that if it is the harbour bridge, then it would be the fast forward. That's why Chip and Kim are doing it to catch up.

That water buffalo task looked like it was the roadblock. Can't be sure of it but it looked like Christie wasn't helping Colin out which would make it the roadblock.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by skitz
    I seriously doubt they would have any more detours or roadblocks in New Zealand. I didn't get a good look at it but it did look like Auckland harbour bridge and it looked as though Chip was doing the task.

So my prediction is that if it is the harbour bridge, then it would be the fast forward. That's why Chip and Kim are doing it to catch up.

That water buffalo task looked like it was the roadblock. Can't be sure of it but it looked like Christie wasn't helping Colin out which would make it the roadblock.
    But there were only 2 fast forwards in the game this time around - the one C & C did in Egypt and the shaving the heads fast forward in India. So it would appear they do have another task in New Zealand. I hope so - New Zealand is beautiful and I wouldn't mind seeing more of it onscreen!
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Newbie
    Originally Posted by CCL
    But there were only 2 fast forwards in the game this time around - the one C & C did in Egypt and the shaving the heads fast forward in India.
    Well that just makes a mockery of my prediction doesnt it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast