+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Amazing Race 6 Delayed Until LATE October

Do the Bartman! Sonic-TARmaniac's Avatar

Amazing Race 6 Delayed Until LATE October

From TV Guide:

TV Guide Online has learned that the Eye Network has again postponed the new season of The Amazing Race this time until late October. "We want to give a little more space between the finale of Race 5 and the premiere of Race 6," says the rep. "We think the audience likes the breather."
    Mabye this definately allows time for one show to flop and for TAR to take its place? Especially since CBS didn't note the day of the week or the date that it would premiere.

O.O NO!!!!!!

Dang you, CBS, I don't want a break!
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    I do. At least it won't be a long break this time. And it gives us something to look forward to, and it gives the editors more time to work with the footage. I'm wondering if CBS is doing this because they plan on changing the time slot. Isn't the middle/end of October usually the time networks ax the shows that aren't doing well? CBS may not be looking at they're own schedule, but seeing what other networks are failing miserably in different areas and put the show there. Does anyone know when they'll release the teams?

Oh-kay, this is getting really annoying now. I personally think the audience does not need nor want a breather, at least I know I don't. I think it would be a great idea to begin Amazing Race 6 right after the current one ends, considering the current one's been quite successful in ratings, plus starting one right after another would leave fans quite excited and newcomers to the show would get to see it right from the beginning of part 6 and leave them hooked for good (like my aunt, who got hooked on the show when she saw it for the first time, in the Russia and Egypt episodes of the current race, and is now eager to see part 6).

Overall, a stupid move from CBS. Damn jerks. :phhht

Do the Bartman! Sonic-TARmaniac's Avatar
    I was originally thinking the teams would be released this week (since filming is expected to end this weekend if it hasn't already ended). But now it might be a bit later.

About the release of the teams, I do know I heard in an Early Show commercial that the date would be announced this week, but I missed the show and the date altogether.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant
    About the release of the teams, I do know I heard in an Early Show commercial that the date would be announced this week, but I missed the show and the date altogether.
    I had thought they would release them the day they have the final 3 teams on TES (just so it wouldn't get confusing still having TAR5 on the air and announcing all these new teams) but maybe they'll wait now so it doesn't steal the winner's time in the spotlight. TAR6 page is up, however all that's there is a pic of Phil and the premise of the show (funny how it says "This September..." Can't CBS hire webmasters that know what they're doing?)

Premium Member
    Well hell! "We think the audience likes the breather" indeed. "We think we can better capitalize on the recent good ratings" is more like it.

(I'm too lazy to look up the raspberry emoticon, so just pretend that's it here - > )

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    I would rather wait a year.
    Who I'm rooting for: Survivor: Vanuatu - Scout Cloud Lee, Leann Slaby, Lea Masters, Eliza Orlins, Twila Tanner, and Lisa Keiffer.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant
    Oh-kay, this is getting really annoying now. I personally think the audience does not need nor want a breather, at least I know I don't. I think it would be a great idea to begin Amazing Race 6 right after the current one ends, considering the current one's been quite successful in ratings, plus starting one right after another would leave fans quite excited and newcomers to the show would get to see it right from the beginning of part 6 and leave them hooked for good (like my aunt, who got hooked on the show when she saw it for the first time, in the Russia and Egypt episodes of the current race, and is now eager to see part 6).

Overall, a stupid move from CBS. Damn jerks. :phhht
    Actually, I would have to disagree with you on this subject.

When it comes to spinning, tv executives have nothing on politicians. I agree with the previous poster who noted that CBS didn't announce a specific date, which leaves the phrase "late October" open for debate.

By the end of October, most (if not all) of CBS's new and returning series will have aired between 3 and 4 episodes. That is enough for CBS executives to determine if a series has staying power or if they should cut their loses and cancel it.

Perhaps this is CBS's way of "covering all the bases". By holding off on the sixth season of "Race", the network gets a chance to possibly position it elsewhere on the week. Also, if a new series does falter, CBS has a ready, proven, and (thankfully) growing series to take its place. If all the new series are performing well, CBS still gets to air "Race" on Saturdays, but with a 5-6 week breather. Even "Survivor" takes about a month off between seasons during the regular season.

If I were given the opportunity to schedule "Race", I would move it to Tuesdays at 9 p.m. or Wednesdays at 8 p.m. Both time slots have several new series (like NBC's "Father of the Pride" on Tuesdays and "Hawaii" on Wednesdays) that could be gone by the time the leaves start to change their colors.

Overall, I think this is a good, and strategic, move on CBS's part.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast