+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nice teams finish 4th?

Nice teams finish 4th?

It just dawned on me that in all previous TAR seasons, nice (read: not obnoxious, generally likeable, tolerable whining) teams always finish 4th. Consider this:

TAR1 : Nancy & Emily (adorably competitive mother-daughter team)
    TAR2 : Oswald & Danny (super lovable and relaxed gay best friends)
    TAR3 : Derek & Drew (dumb racers but still well-mannered handsome brothers)
    TAR4 : Jon & Al (the most hilarious team of clowns this side of the race; their elimination made me shed a tear or two)

How about TAR5? I think it's a choice between Chip & Kim and the Bowling Moms who are both admirable in their own ways.
    Halfway around the world, I greet you "Mabuhay!"

Didn't Nancy and Emily finish 5th and the Frat boys finish 4?
    Not that it changes much as they were well loved and so much fun too

I agree that it seems to be a pattern so I agree with your pick on who will finish last this week.
    Wrigleys Doublemint Gum....double your pleasure, double your fun!

Quote Originally Posted by coksy
    Didn't Nancy and Emily finish 5th and the Frat boys finish 4?
    Not that it changes much as they were well loved and so much fun too

I agree that it seems to be a pattern so I agree with your pick on who will finish last this week.
    I stand corrected, coksy, you're right. Kevin & Drew finished 4th in TAR1. Still, these frat boys are likeable enough to qualify as nice teams, right?
    Halfway around the world, I greet you "Mabuhay!"

FORT Fogey
    Plus, my 2 fav teams in seasons 3 and 4, the only ones I've watched, finished in 4th. I hope I can avoid the 4th place curse.

Hopefully it's NOT Chip and Kim who everyone agrees is the nicest team. But Brandon and Nicole are so nice and sweet too and are candidates to finish in that curse spot too. Plus, since they're my fav team, they're candidates just based on that.

Ughhhhhh I hope Colin and Christie finish there. Just cuz it'd be nice. Although it'd make the finale somewhat boring without their drama in it.

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    I noticed the fourth place curse on TAR 4 when the clowns left. Since then I've been kind of afraid to say who my favorite or the nicest team is. I don't want to jinx them. I know this is really silly, for pete's sake the race has been over for how long now and what I think isn't going to affect the outcome, but it sure makes me feel responsible if my favorite comes in fourth this week.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    I wouldn't say nice, I'd say fan favorite. Derek and Drew may have been the only ones that weren't the fan favorite that came in fourth. But they were popular (why, I will never ever know). Chip and Kim are the fan favorites this season, so they need to be wary of the curse.
    Who I'm rooting for: Survivor: Vanuatu - Scout Cloud Lee, Leann Slaby, Lea Masters, Eliza Orlins, Twila Tanner, and Lisa Keiffer.

Derek and Drew are nice and they're twins and unique. That's why we like them.

FORT Fogey

Scoob, I never even thought they were all that cute so don't use that excuse against me :phhht I just ended up liking them a lot.

A bit off topic: My two first fav teams from the 2 seasons I watched have been alpha male teams. I was sick of all of them, though, and I personally am really glad there weren't any of them in this season cuz it gave me a chance to like a different "type" of team...I've never been a fan of any of the co-ed teams until this year.

<Insert Title Here> Defiant_Deviant's Avatar
    Yeah, thankfully, Ken & Gerard, from Season 3, managed to do one better than the other fan-favourite teams, by one place.

I was so upset in TAR 4 when Jon and Al got eliminated.

My favorite teams never win.
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast