+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: “So, What’s the Moral of this Story?” 9/7/04 Recap

FORT Fogey
    Colin turns around, looks right into Christie’s eyes, and says. . . . “I’m sorry. I was wrong.” That’s right, everyone. Once you peel yourselves up from the floor, mark down this date on your calendar, and fondly remember it.

PSYCH! Y’all been zapped!

So, where are we going? To Rivendell, Master Gamgee? Nay, we’re going to Hell’s Gate to dig through the mud. Doesn’t that remind you of that old joke: “Where are we going?” “To hell if we don’t change our ways!”
    Great job on the recap! Especially since you're filling in! I hope everything with cali is ok though. Cali, you're ok right?

Loved the LOTR references
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I've said before that I think TAR must be one of the most difficult shows to recap, there's just so much going on.
    Cali does a masterful job every week and so did you.
    That sums up exactly how I feel.

Fantastic job pinch-hitting on a tough show, Manny!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Mannitola
    (Such gracious percentage raises are but one benefit of volunteer work.) Now, let’s see what Phil and the gang are up to this time. . . .

Last week, the teams arrived in Calcutta, India, which marked the end of the ninth leg of the race. This week, they travel 7,000 miles to the city of Auckland in beautiful New Zealand—the home of the Maori, the kiwi, and the Hobbit.

This is a fun one—you can’t see a Zorb and not smile. I’m serious. Once they have zorbed themselves across the finish line, they sprint up a hill and give the awaiting Phil a big ol’ hug. And off we go!

To pass the time, Christie reveals that she and Colin have grown in their relationship since the start of the race. This is great, but I know I’m not the only one who’s frightened to imagine what it must have been like before.

What happens next is . . . positively . . . shocking. Don’t read on if you have a cardiac disorder. Colin turns around, looks right into Christie’s eyes, and says. . . . “I’m sorry. I was wrong.” That’s right, everyone. Once you peel yourselves up from the floor, mark down this date on your calendar, and fondly remember it. (because it will likely never happen too frequently again )

So, he pumps up the Zorb and rolls down the slope and across the Shire-like countryside. “Will you look at that, Master Frodo!” Colin slides out of the Zorb, much like I entered the world eighteen and a half years ago, and they race up to the mat to meet Phil and his accompanying Maori greeter.

They could have made even more changes that they didn’t show on television. The editing, you know. Isn’t that a clever way for me to deflect blame if I got some of the flight information wrong?

PSYCH! Y’all been zapped!

I am totally putting “Zorb” on my Christmas list this year. (me too!)

I’m sure they’re great people, and great bowlers, too,

They receive some Sage Sledging Advice™.

In order to beat the line, Karli (thank goodness for the name banner!) picks up a phone and tries to get tickets that way.

The Yield is like a spork . . . the idea sounds good on paper, but in reality it’s pretty much worthless.

So, where are we going? To Rivendell, Master Gamgee? Nay, we’re going to Hell’s Gate to dig through the mud. Doesn’t that remind you of that old joke: “Where are we going?” “To hell if we don’t change our ways!” Ha ha ha . . . ?

One of them needs to dye her hair. They run/roll down the Zorb line, and up to meet Phil.

They bear an uncanny resemblance to Stadler & Waldorf from “The Muppet Show.”

Yes, my friends, her enthusiasm wears off quickly.

After hosing each other down, they head off to the Zorb, where Brandon gets the honor of rolling down the hill, even though he says he “hates that kind of stuff.” *GASP* Hate a Zorb? You cold-hearted man.

According to the sledging instructor, it is “Hold on!” According to me, it’s “Don’t try to buy a Zorb, they cost over $7,000!” At least this gives me a good excuse to go to New Zealand.
    Oh Mannitola, I have always l-u-v-ed your recaps, and this is just like all the glorious rest! I'm going to echo Fluff AND Snowy and say you did a fantastic job pinch hitting for the absolutely-fantastically-gifted-and-amazing-Cali™ on this show! (And I love your addiction to the useage of the TM sign! I'm adopting it! I don't care! I'm doing it! Yes I am Yes I am! )

(And I freakin' want a ZORB!! dangit! *weeping about zorblessness*)

Okay, this, by far, is my favorite line in the WHOLE WORLD!! I laughed out loud!! Here: "Colin slides out of the Zorb, much like I entered the world eighteen and a half years ago," Oh...my...ZORB!! Pure "inspirado".

Fantastic job, Manny!! I luuurved it! You are one gifted little peeplet-extraordinaire!!

At zorb.com (yes, there is such a place) it says there is nothing in the U.S.???? WHAT?? I want in a Zorb, and I want in one...NOW! If I could, I'd watch all future shows from the comfort of a zorb, that's how Z.O. (zorb obsessed) I am.

Great job!
    Last edited by Shazzer; 09-12-2004 at 07:26 PM.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Quote Originally Posted by Mannitola
    Colin slides out of the Zorb, much like I entered the world eighteen and a half years ago ...
    That's where you lost me ... 18 1/2!! Yes, I'm a bitter, bitter OLD woman!!

Awesome recap, love the LOTR stuff, I want to see Rivendale and the Shire! I want to Zorb down a hill and across the line!
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123