+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: September Madness: Final Four

i have this strange feeling it will be somebody unexpected (i.e. not Colin and Christie)..was it mentioned by Phil on CBS before?..anyway, C&C did not come in 1st in the 1st 2 legs...they came in 7th for the 1st leg, then 6th for the 2nd leg...but have been coming in 1st for 6 times and 2nd for 2 times in the subsequent legs..

FORT Fogey
    Plus, I rewatched episode 1 recently and it's pretty amazing because you never ever would've guessed that Colin and Christie would've become so dominate, especially since if Dennis hadn't given up that last cab, CC would've probably been eliminated instead. Pretty weird huh? Some things are meant to be.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Cutie
    Plus, I rewatched episode 1 recently and it's pretty amazing because you never ever would've guessed that Colin and Christie would've become so dominate, especially since if Dennis hadn't given up that last cab, CC would've probably been eliminated instead. Pretty weird huh? Some things are meant to be.
    Since you're a B&N fan, I'm just curious at what you think about WHY Dennis and Erika were eliminated. The only reason they were last was because Brandon and Nikki swiped Jim and Marsha's cab. It actually should've been B&N to be eliminated in leg 1 cos they were supposed to be last in line for cabs and Dennis should not have even had to 'give up' that cab to C&C. BTW, he explained in an interview that C&C let them take the first cab earlier in the leg so he was returning the favor, but I would assume that he wouldn't have agreed to readily to let C&C be ahead of them in the line if they had known B&N were going to swipe a cab.

With that being said, I think B&N are going to win. I recall reading Bertram Van Munster stated that the winner would be a surprise to everyone. Personally, I'm crossing my fingers that C&C will go into the final leg third, but will somehow come from behind to win (that being the surprise). The suspense would kill me, but it'd be worth it in the end.

I believe the moms are going to be eliminated and the of the last 3 teams, C&C and C&K are considered the strongest 2 teams and expected to go head to head, so the surprise had to be B&N coming in and taking it all.

Of course he could just be BSing to throw everyone off track.

FORT Newbie
    Hi Snowqueen! Pinay din ako! And also an avid Colin & Christie fan! Did you happen to see Alcobobaz live journal? I'm trying to post the link but there's some error occurs. He actually witnessed the teams who got to the Coconut Palace and he has some pictures(w/o the teams)... he said he knew the arrival of each teams and who got last but he couldnt say which team though( i actually has an inkling that no one was eliminated coz he said to quote "we were able to watch the teams arrive and get eliminated(?)" with a question mark! so that may mean that no one was eliminated right?

Hope C & C wins, i read from pinoyexchange spolier forum that C & C did not win, hope it's not true!!!!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by frack
    Since you're a B&N fan, I'm just curious at what you think about WHY Dennis and Erika were eliminated. The only reason they were last was because Brandon and Nikki swiped Jim and Marsha's cab. It actually should've been B&N to be eliminated in leg 1 cos they were supposed to be last in line for cabs and Dennis should not have even had to 'give up' that cab to C&C. BTW, he explained in an interview that C&C let them take the first cab earlier in the leg so he was returning the favor, but I would assume that he wouldn't have agreed to readily to let C&C be ahead of them in the line if they had known B&N were going to swipe a cab.
    Yeah, you're right. I never really thought about that, therefore I should rewatch it again, because for some reason I didn't think they were last in line to get a cab. I do know they jumped in front of everyone.

Well, apparently that was meant to be. I didn't even LIKE B&N after episode one. Pretty weird to think I never would've liked them or gotten to know them.

My take on this F4 situation...
    Well, as we all know, the popular teams always seem to get eliminated in 4th place. This time around we disagree who is the most popular team. Well, I believe it is C&K even if some of the people online lost some love for them after the episode was done. Even though cbs.com shows the moms have a better popularity than B&N, the general consensus on the message boards seems to be that more people like B&N than like the moms. Soo what does this mean? C&K are the most likely to finish in 4th followed by B&N. Here's to hoping this changes and C&C get eliminated.

Alright. I predicted in the prediction game that the moms would get eliminated. Why do I think this? Because although they've been racing better lately, I just don't see them making the F3. It's just a feeling I have.

As for Colin and Christie who always get first, I don't think they will get eliminated. Sure, Colin might have an insane breakdown but I still think they will pull off a 2nd or 3rd place finish. As for winning, I think they could do it. We know how good a team they are. But in crunch time, other teams will step up and these 2 could have the fiercest competition in the finale than they've ever had before.

Brandon and Nicole are a good team. They've always finished 4th or better except for the first leg they were on where they finished in 6th and of course, last week's episode, where they finished in 5th. They avoid breakdowns because they are very supportive of each other and get along really well, so they have this advantage over C&C. They have always chosen the better roadblock, except for the one in the episode we just saw. Have they learned their lesson? I think so. Now is their time to shine and I think they can do it.

And finally, Chip and Kim. I love this team and they started out the season by making mistakes and finishing poorly. In Russia where they finished in first for the first time, they stopped that and have been doing a good job of racing since then. Until the last episode. They got lost, they helped Colin with the flight in India, they didn't Yield the twins...not a great episode. They need to step it up or risk doing poorly or possibly getting eliminated. If they make the F3, they have a terrific shot in winning as they get along well and at the very end, that's pretty important, except in the case with Zach and Flo.

What a lot of...stuff. I hope that made sense to anyone who reads it. If not, ask me about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Cutie
    Brandon and Nicole are a good team.... They have always chosen the better roadblock, except for the one in the episode we just saw.
    When you say "the better roadblock", I assume you meant Detour. What about the Skydiving detour? Sure, it's a blast. And ya, they even went first. But Colin and Christie were still able to do the dirt driving faster....

-Dave_B
    Colin and Christie or bust!

Update: Avatar = pic of me now!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123