+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Someone will use the YIELD in Manila

Quote Originally Posted by Saige
    I have a question about the yield. Ok you can only yield a team behind you so why was it up in the air that Chip and Kim thought the bowling moms were behind them.
    The Bowling Moms were the only team who used Malaysian Airlines in their flight going to Auckland as compared to Chip & Kim who used Air New Zealand together with Brandon & Nicole and the Twins. All this time, Chip was thinking that the Moms were behind them since the latter's flight was supposed to arrive later than all the other teams.
    Halfway around the world, I greet you "Mabuhay!"

FORT Fogey
    I get that Chip thought the BM were behind him, but when he was at the yield and told the twins that he would not yield them doesn't he see the pictures of the people behind him alerting him of who to choose between? He than would have known the BM were not behind him when it was just the twins picture left? Or does a team just have to say yes I choose to yield and than they get to see who is behind them?

I get that Chip thought the BM were behind him, but when he was at the yield and told the twins that he would not yield them doesn't he see the pictures of the people behind him alerting him of who to choose between? He than would have known the BM were not behind him when it was just the twins picture left? Or does a team just have to say yes I choose to yield and than they get to see who is behind them?
    If you will notice during the episode that part when Chip & Kim were at the Yield spot, it was a bit obvious already that Chip had some kind of mischief planned with the Twins by picking their photo from the box. (we all know now that it was just a joke) But look closely and you will see Chip flipping through several photos inside the yield box before finally finding and pulling out the twins' photo. Clearly, photos of all the racers (regardless of whether they are ahead or behind) are left inside.

FORT Fogey
    So what if you say I will yield and pick a team that has already passed? Does that mean that you used your yield, but since the team you picked is already by you wasted it?

FORT Fan
    If we take a look at the teams reactions to the Yield, we could see who would use it.

Colin/Christie: they both say they wouldn't use it, and wouldn't want to win by using it.

Chip/Kim: they say that they will use it when an opportunity arises.

Brandon/Nicole: wouldn't use it unless it was necessary.

Linda/Karen: haven't gone on record about the Yield (that I'm aware of).

So by using this process, we know that Chip/Kim and Brandon/Nicole have said that they would use it given the right circumstances. Colin/Christie is the only team to say outright that they wouldn't use it (but who knows if they were next to last place with another team right behind them).

So, I would think that either Chip/Kim or Brandon/Nicole will use the Yield.

If the order stays the same (which rarely happens), Colin/Christie will be first followed by Linda/Karen. If Chip/Kim and Brandon/Nicole continue in the bottom half, then one of these teams could use it against the other. If Chip/Kim overtake Brandon/Nicole in a sprint to the Yield sign (like they did with the Twins), then perhaps Chip will not be so quick to joke around this time.

While I'm not a fan of Colin/Christie, they have made precious few mistakes (or at least less mistakes than anyone else) and have been first more than any of the other remaining teams (the Moms have never been first). So, if Colin/Christie continue their streak, it will be difficult for the other racers to overtake them.

So what if you say I will yield and pick a team that has already passed? Does that mean that you used your yield, but since the team you picked is already by you wasted it?
    It could be that you use a yield on another team once you are sure that the trailing team is hot on your tracks like in last night's episode where Chip & Kim were just a minute or two ahead of the Twins in the Yield spot, such that if Chip decided to pick their photos and turn the hourglass, then there's nothing the twins can do but to wait in that place until time's up for them to move on.

TAR fan
    Actually, it isn't such a bright idea to use the yield in the early legs, because if you know you are good enough to last till the top 3, then you might as well use the yield in the last leg - it'll be plenty to your advantage. For all you know, the next leg might be a NEL. And legs after NELs are so easy - you drive yourself around, you don't even need money!
    TAR fanatic - go Chip and Kim!

It's more than likely there is no yield on leg 13, and with 4 teams remaining and only 2 yields left, it's possible we may see more than one yield on one episode...unless one/more teams just forgo the yield entirely.

Overall, I agree with the general consensus of "Down with Yield, back with FF!"

-Dave_B
    Colin and Christie or bust!

Update: Avatar = pic of me now!

I really hope Colin & Christe gets yielded!!!
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

I thought it was interesting that Chip and Kim didn't use the Yield because they thought the moms were behind. (They weren't.) They saw the twins behind them. Apparently they can't tell from what's in the Yield box who's behind. I'm anxious for someone to use it just so we can see how it works.

Also, the hand unlikely is Chip's. They typically use stand ins to demonstrate opening envelopes, performing tasks, etc. (They showed a guy with short brown hair going down the big slide at Wild Wadi. Clearly not a racer.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast